Bret, will you go to the prom with me?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: Bret, will you go to the prom with me?

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:41 pm

:roll2: Double shoulder pads! Yup. Guilty.

Mockingbird, the yearbook pictures... priceless! :rolls:

Anyone got any more pics? :D
Image..Image..Image

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:32 am

I'm a bit late to the party, but I figure that there's ALWAYS time for prom pictures.

Contrary to popular belief, my hair isn't in a side ponytail. I don't think it was a French twist, but...well, it was some sort of goofy updo anyway. I still have the dress, and it's still lovely. I believe the dyed shoes perished long ago, though, and the world is probably better for it.

Yes, my date (who is still a good friend of mine) is aware that he looks like Chris Eigeman and Fred Savage had a child together.

Click on the thumbnail and the larger picture will appear.

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:35 am

For a second, from looking at the thumbnail, I thought you were standing on a small stool to appear taller. :rolls:
That's a viry nice photo. :)
Image Image

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:45 am

funny schipperke wrote:For a second, from looking at the thumbnail, I thought you were standing on a small stool to appear taller. :rolls:
That's a viry nice photo. :)

That's what I saw too on the thumbnail. It looked like a ventriloquist act :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

eejm

Postby eejm » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:56 am

It does kind of look like that, doesn't it? My date's legs look like they go on forever because of that idiot mylar sheet on the floor. This particular photographer did the picture backgrounds for all the dances. And yes, they all looked this ridiculous.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:53 am

Lol, I totally thought you were on a stool, too! Til I clicked it. You look beautiful and your date is cute...he does look a bit Fred Savage-y. :)

I still put my ponytail slightly left of center when I do one....no apologies.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:03 am

Yeah eejm! I love this thread. :yay: Great picture and you look beautiful. Perm or naturally curly? How did you avoid bangs?!?!?! Smart girl.

The theme? :hrm: Silvery palm trees?
Image..Image..Image

eejm

Postby eejm » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:34 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Yeah eejm! I love this thread. :yay: Great picture and you look beautiful. Perm or naturally curly? How did you avoid bangs?!?!?! Smart girl.

The theme? :hrm: Silvery palm trees?

I had just grown out my bangs at this point, nonchalant. Up until a few months before this picture I had them and tried desperately for big bangs. I could make them stand up for about two hours (with the help of piles of Aquanet), after which they'd fall in my face. My hair is just way too fine for height, and even the natural curl didn't help. I gave up, grew it out, and haven't had bangs since.

I don't remember what the prom theme was, but the background gives me acid reflux. :D

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:06 am

Yay! Thanks for posting, eejm! I have to admit I thought you were on a stool, too. You're right, it's definitely the reflection of your date's legs on the mylar that make it look like that. The photographer did other dances as well, you say? I would be interested in seeing other samples of his work. ;)

eejm wrote:I don't remember what the prom theme was, but the background gives me acid reflux. :D

Luau on Mars? :hrm:

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:04 am

BEST. THREAD. EVER!!!! How did I not stumble upon this earlier???? Evidently I picked the perfect time becuase I've been at my parent's house and a couple of weeks ago I scanned a ton of embarassing photos hahahaha.
This is my senior photo. I don't ever remember looking like this. In fact, I never did. I never really looked that normal and I never really wore that much make up, unless it was weird make- up.
By Emafer

Here's the real me. On the right there. This is a page from my Jr. year yearbook. They asked me to be on the "fashion page" hahahahahaha I guess they thought I dressed so uniquely that they had to document it. Yes folks, that is a polyester jumpsuit and those platform shoes started out tan but I spraypainted them silver.
By Emafer
Underneath, in Bret's yearbook I wrote in purple sparkle gel pen:
Dear Bret,
I want to be your Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only 17.
Stay sweet,
Em
Last edited by Emafer on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:13 am

Very cool Em! You sort of remind me of Molly Ringwald in that pic.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:27 am

Thanks DP_ I htink your pics are the awesomest EVER actually! I love your prom outfit :D

Here is a good one. When I was in college every year they held "The Getaway" a huge dance and event based on the book, The Getaway. They would fill the gym with gambling tables, hire a 40 piece Big Band and everyone would come in costume. It was AWESOME. It was like THE event of they year. So this is a pic of my boyfreind and I my frosh year. I made my entire costume. You can't see the bottom but it's a satin flapper dress with three row of fringe dripping from the bottom. I still have it, it still fits and I am still tempted to wear it sometimes :D
By Emafer

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:37 am

Oh dear lord. So here are some high school classics.

So, as a teenager we thoughti was totally awesome to dress up all kinds of crazy and then go mundane places like the super market or the drug store and take pictures. I was probably about 15 here.

We also spent a good deal of time at The Rocky Horror Picture Show
By Emafer

I liked to dress up. I bet you cant tell :D:D:D:D:D About once a year, I still go totally nuts and dress up really weird. It's usually when I'm really bored and all alone.

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:23 am

Love the shoes/tights in the drugstore one :D
It's a psychological analogy

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 pm

Emafer, I loove the pic of you crucified in the dairy section! awesome :thumb:
We should have a general "dress-ups" thread maybe?

this is me (on the right) at a work christmas party (one of those boring work parties..) a couple of years ago
I get a little enthusiastic about dress-ups :wink:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Off topic rambles”