Bret, will you go to the prom with me?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: Bret, will you go to the prom with me?

Postby mockingbird » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Em, I LOVE your pics. Especially the grocery store one! You have a can of whipped cream in your hand! :lol:

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Emafer wrote:Thanks DP_ I htink your pics are the awesomest EVER actually! I love your prom outfit :D

Thank you! Where were you when I was growing up?! lol I would have wrestled a nun down to the ground to have someone like you around. Your pics are great! I only saw the top one last night, I like the more real you pics better! I started going out mundane places in dress up senior year, never thought to take pics. The pic with the whipped cream cans, awesome!

Your mask is very pretty helgeko! I like the idea of a dress up thread. Who knew there were so many of us that did that? Nifty!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:48 pm

hahahaha, thanks kids. DP I totally would have been your highschool dress up but.

OK, I just rememberd in that Rocky Horror Picture Show pic, I have on tap shoes. I had these black lace up taps from when I was a kid. I covered them in gold glitter and laced them with big red bow and I would tap dance ALLLL over Hollywood. Up and down the stairs at Canter's Deli at 3 in the morning becuase the edge of each star had a metal runner that made wonderful noise. On the sidewalk down Sunset hahahahah. Luckily Hollywood has a high tollerance for people like me :D

Mockingbird; I Knew that Olan Mills pic wasn't the REAL you :D You're far too interesting.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:59 am

Yeah, Em! I used to go to the late night picture show to see Rocky Horror! I didn't dress up, but I did Frank Makeup once. We always brought the full arsenal of stuff though- rice, newspapers, lighters, toilet paper, toast...hell, I can't remember it all. Near the end of our theater's run of showing it, they had a troupe of actors who would act out he entire movie in front of (but at the bottom) of the screen in full costume. I didn't dig that....we liked to get up and spin the earth at the end and they were now doing it...hmph. I miss those days....

Love the pics- I won't tell you what my friend and I used to do in the grocery store...thank God there are no pics. You looked cool!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:53 am

Some friends and I used to go to Rocky Horror every week, as well. We had a core group that did get up front and act it all out, but anyone could join in for the crowd scenes. We didn't usually dress up, although we did bring the usual props. It was never a large crowd that showed up, so often we were the only ones really there anyway. Lots of fun, though. I was usually Columbia.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:17 am

I used to go to the NuArt on Santa Monica in West LA and there was a regular full cast. It was quit organized. There were even understudies if a cast memeber was ill. We would go every week, everyone dressed up and we'd take all of our props. And I don't know how it started but instead of rice (maybe they banned us them from throwing rice at some point beucase it's a mess to clean up) we would throw corn tortillas. I was totally obsessed with RHPC when I was a teenager. I even went to the 20th Anniversary convention celebration thingy in Hollywood. I haven't been in over 10 years though. I think that I went so many times (like maybe a hundred or more) that I just got over it. That's not to say that I wouldn't have a fun time if a bunch of friends wanted to dress up and go but it's not at the top of my list. Also, as a teen I think that it was quite liberating. Now a days, I'm plenty liberated on my own so there's not so much of a need.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:33 am

I know someone who's a fairly regular cast member with one of the groups in LA. I went to one of the more organized shows once in New Orleans, but I didn't think it was as much fun as when my disorganized friends and I would do it.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:49 am

I wonder if I know your friend in LA. I shot you a PM.

I don't know if I've ever been to a showing without a cast. It might be quite fun if anyone can jump up any time.

Return to “Off topic rambles”