I hate my job! Or do I?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Re: I hate my job! Or do I?

Postby Peaches » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:52 pm

I can!

Thank GOD.

Some days are really really quiet here, and this forum is my saviour!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:22 am

It's not that I CAN'T hang out on WTF, it's that I REALLY NEED TO STOP! I do truly believe I've become somewhat addicted to you all. I come in here and lurk endlessly, whether it's quiet or not. And have fallen behind terribly at work... :witsend:
So much so, that I actually am going to have to work a little at home tonight just to try to catch up. :doh:

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:52 am

SuzyBatt wrote:It's not that I CAN'T hang out on WTF, it's that I REALLY NEED TO STOP! I do truly believe I've become somewhat addicted to you all. I come in here and lurk endlessly, whether it's quiet or not. And have fallen behind terribly at work... :witsend:
So much so, that I actually am going to have to work a little at home tonight just to try to catch up. :doh:

I'm sorry, Suzy. Image
ImageImage

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:19 am

Sorry Suzy :oops:
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:44 am

You guys!!! Don't be sorry! You're just so much fun to be around, I can't get enough. And just to make you feel better, I DID NOT WORK TONIGHT!! Though I'll probably have to work a bit tomorrow morning, even though I took the day off...

No one forced me to spend countless hours here. I made my bed I just have to lie in it now.

:hrm:

Come to think of it, I didn't make my bed. But I will go lie in it anyway, as I'm rather sleepy... :zzz:

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:15 am

I have to say that my job makes me grind my teeth in frustration most days. I have most definitely hit a wall and NEED. A. BREAK!!! I have way too much responsibility for me to handle. :doh: :witsend: :nails:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Days like today, I REALLY enjoy my job

days that Patrick is also working, that is

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:05 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Days like today, I REALLY enjoy my job

days that Patrick is also working, that is

:wink:
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:37 am

He invited my uke and I over to a barbeque he's having for his friends from our work in a few weeks.

I was like "Um. Heck yes!"

Hey, it's a step in the right direction ;)

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:47 am

Okay so I don't hate my job but I am thoroughly frustrated. I am a chocolatier at a small chocolate shop and during the summers we are really slow. REALLY SLOW... and typically we have our hours cut and she will cut back on employees. I have been there 3 years this month and I am one out of two full time employees. We have right now one college freshman that works only on saturdays. Well this summer has been the worst.. and I mean the worst out of the store 6 and a half year history. Well of course it has to do with the economy. Chocolate is a luxury,right? :| Well I have been debating this summer about going to go work at Hallmark. My friend works there and they offer benefits to key holders and she has spoken with her boss and he wants or wanted to see me. Well guess what happens..... the other FT employee and someone I THOUGHT was my friend has quit. Without any prior warning. *SIGH* Leaving me as the ONLY EMPLOYEE. :x

Now side note: My boss is also one of my dear friends.

Now how do I leave and not feel a huge sense of guilt, I would feel like I was leaving her high n dry.Everyone keeps saying leave you have to do what's best for you and yes I know this but I have always had this huge sense of loyalty to my employers. Which is way I stayed over 6 years at my last job. :roll: I hated it but I was very close friends with the owners.

Right now I am getting about 3 to 5 hours a day 3 to 5 times a week.. that DOESNT cut it. I am used to 35 to 40 hours a week. :doh: How do I survive and not hurt anyone's feelings in the process?? :|
ImageImageImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:02 am

Oh, wow! That's a tough situation. I think I would try to figure out a way to do both but that's just me. Have you ever brought this up with your current boss? 9-25 hours a week isn't that much but with 2 people gone, you might get more hours for a short while. Business will probably pick up during the holidays as well.

You have to do what's best for you! If Hallmark is going to give you more hours and you think you'd be happier there, you should go for it. And if you have to leave your chocolatier job, give your boss a notice and maybe offer to help train new employees before you leave.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:06 am

bakergirl30 wrote:Okay so I don't hate my job but I am thoroughly frustrated. I am a chocolatier at a small chocolate shop and during the summers we are really slow. REALLY SLOW... and typically we have our hours cut and she will cut back on employees. I have been there 3 years this month and I am one out of two full time employees. We have right now one college freshman that works only on saturdays. Well this summer has been the worst.. and I mean the worst out of the store 6 and a half year history. Well of course it has to do with the economy. Chocolate is a luxury,right? :| Well I have been debating this summer about going to go work at Hallmark. My friend works there and they offer benefits to key holders and she has spoken with her boss and he wants or wanted to see me. Well guess what happens..... the other FT employee and someone I THOUGHT was my friend has quit. Without any prior warning. *SIGH* Leaving me as the ONLY EMPLOYEE. :x

Now side note: My boss is also one of my dear friends.

Now how do I leave and not feel a huge sense of guilt, I would feel like I was leaving her high n dry.Everyone keeps saying leave you have to do what's best for you and yes I know this but I have always had this huge sense of loyalty to my employers. Which is way I stayed over 6 years at my last job. :roll: I hated it but I was very close friends with the owners.

Right now I am getting about 3 to 5 hours a day 3 to 5 times a week.. that DOESNT cut it. I am used to 35 to 40 hours a week. :doh: How do I survive and not hurt anyone's feelings in the process?? :|

bakergirl, could you go down to part-time at the chocolate shop and also start working at Hallmark? Your boss would still have you around to train to fill in if needed, but you could move on as well.

I had a really similar situation happen earlier this year. I was recommended for another job in my area by my boss. At the same time, I interviewed for another, better-paying position in a totally different department. I was offered the job in my area, and called the other department back to find out if I had an offer with them. They didn't get back to me, so I accepted the first job. THEN after a week the second job got back to me. They offered more money and it was a slightly higher position. So I had a dilemma of reneging on something I accepted and compromising my integrity (which is REALLY important to me) and taking a job I thought I'd like better anyway and that paid better.

My would-be supervisor and her manager were very understanding, and said they would respect it if I decided to take the other position, which I did. In the end, I'm glad I did, because it was a better fit for me personally. But it was a hard decision.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:27 am

If your boss is also a close friend, I think you need to sit down with her- away from work- and tell her how you feel. Surely she'll understand that you have to look out for your family and monetary interests. She may even want to try and work it out so that you can work part-time while working at Hallmark or maybe even pay you under the table for any extra work you do there if you go full-time at Hallmark.

Good luck, no matter what happens!!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:29 am

I have thought about taking the Hallmark job and going PT at the chocolate store. My boss keeps saying that things will pick up in September but how much?? You know?? Will it be enough to keep me around comfortably? During the holidays I can work as much as 50+ hours a week. Will I be able to get those hours? *sigh* I dunno. I thought that maybe once the other FT employee left I would surely get more hours but nope.. she actually CUT my hours even more and gave her daughter more hours. :roll:

So yeah.. you know what.. you all are right.. I DO need to at the very least go talk to the manager at Hallmark and make the chocolate store my PT job.. I can help out during the holidays for sure but something has to change!

Thanks guys!
ImageImageImageImage

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:30 am

LauraK wrote:If your boss is also a close friend, I think you need to sit down with her- away from work- and tell her how you feel. Surely she'll understand that you have to look out for your family and monetary interests. She may even want to try and work it out so that you can work part-time while working at Hallmark or maybe even pay you under the table for any extra work you do there if you go full-time at Hallmark.

Good luck, no matter what happens!!

I have and she says she understands but I wonder in this situation how well she would understand. :hrm:

Thanks Laura :)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”