I hate my job! Or do I?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Re: I hate my job! Or do I?

Postby Peaches » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 am

I'm sure you're boss would be okay, it's nothing personal...just bout money, which I'm sure she would understand. Just make sure you give her enough time to train someone else.

Hmm, I wouldn't be very happy with the ex full time employee either ....
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:12 am

bakergirl30 wrote:Okay so I don't hate my job but I am thoroughly frustrated.
Right now I am getting about 3 to 5 hours a day 3 to 5 times a week.. that DOESNT cut it. I am used to 35 to 40 hours a week. :doh: How do I survive and not hurt anyone's feelings in the process?? :|

Girl you gotta put on you 'bidness' hat and do what is best in the long run for you ... especially if this is kinda an annual event. Steady hours and a stable wage are very good things.
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:29 am

Yes you all are totally right.. I do agree. *sigh* it's just SO hard to get it all out and done without feeling like I've bailed on her. :( But I know something has to be done. It's about time. :roll:
ImageImageImageImage

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Just my 2 cents worth but isn't she kind of putting her own needs ahead of yours when she gives more hours to her daughter? She doesn't seem to be as concerned about loyalty and your friendship as you are... (Just something to think about.)

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Yes.. I see that. But then she comes to me and says how she is trying to give me more hours and how she really needs me.. :? So I feel bad and stick around. I know I know..Im a fool but I feel like I have a fear that she will hate me when I do go. *sigh* It's a long story, so very short version: I worked at a bakery for over 6 years and was extremely close to the owners and when it came down to me finally leaving, mind you I gave them a months notice and they were only without me for 2 weeks before they hired someone else, the owner still went around telling customers and other employees that I left them in a bind and the job was just too much for me.. :shock: which was so not the case. So from there I have this big fear of the same thing happening. Silly I know.. but there none the less.

I guess I just have to put on my big girl pants and get over it!
ImageImageImageImage

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:13 am

An update: I talked to my boss today and told her what I was thinking, about getting a new job but keeping this one.
Well to my complete and utter shock she said, that yes I needed to go look for another full time job. That they could not honestly tell me what the future of the chocolate store was. They could not even pay rent and owed the landlord over $8000.00 and the corporate head quarters (the chocolate store is a franchise) wont even give them any more supplies because they owe them thousands. We are also out of milk chocolate and Guitard wont give them anymore. :shock: was my reaction. She said that they were unsure that they would even be open past mid september.

So after a good cry this afternoon I am resigned to the fact that I really do have to find a new job ASAP. I feel like a walking shell of a human being right now. *sigh* So much for loyalty. :?

Ps when was she going to tell me any of this??
ImageImageImageImage

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:16 am

ugh, bakergirl, that sucks! :hug:
But good thing you talked to her when you did, and now you can go for that Hallmark job without feeling guilty about it. :)
Image Image

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:22 am

Thanks FunnyS!
Yeah your right. I can now move on guilt free. Which is a very good thing. :)
ImageImageImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:30 am

She probably only would have told you when she absolutely had to....I'd start interviewing ASAP! WHo knows- your paychecks could start bouncing. :shock:

Look out for yourself! many vibes for landing another job with good pay and bennies soonest.... :pray:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:33 am

Thanks Laura..I need all the good vibes I can get right now! I am going to Hallmark tomorrow. My friend who works there is back in town and she was going to let the manager know Im planning on come in. So fingers crossed! :pray:
ImageImageImageImage

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:04 am

Good vibes were sent via USPS; so they will get there shortly :P Besides you need a good job with excellent benefits anyway.

And keep in mind this might be a good thing ! I was working for an attorney as an office monkey and the only way I found out how bad things were was when I got a notice from my bank that my paycheck bounced... the icky lawyer finally came clean after all the return fees killed me :shock: This human piece of poo actually pitched the idea to work for free (AW HE** NO!). This is the thing that spured me to go back and finish a degree :)
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:15 am

DangerMouse wrote:actually pitched the idea to work for free

That takes some balls right there...

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:18 am

Work for free. HAHAHA!!!

Oh, he was serious? Like, out of the goodness of your heart?

bakergirl, I'm glad you can at least go find out about the Hallmark job with a completely clear conscience, even if the chocolate store isn't doing so hot. I hope you get the job and soon!

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:45 am

DangerMouse wrote:Good vibes were sent via USPS; so they will get there shortly :P Besides you need a good job with excellent benefits anyway.

And keep in mind this might be a good thing ! I was working for an attorney as an office monkey and the only way I found out how bad things were was when I got a notice from my bank that my paycheck bounced... the icky lawyer finally came clean after all the return fees killed me :shock: This human piece of poo actually pitched the idea to work for free (AW HE** NO!). This is the thing that spured me to go back and finish a degree :)

Thanks DM! I really need them! And what an arse for suggesting that you work for free! Some people are such dumb @#*$! Its sad!

I am trying to remain positive, I had my moment this afternoon but now my big girl pants are pulled up and Im ready to get back out there! :)

And your right eejm! I can :)
ImageImageImageImage

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 am

I hope it goes well! Least you can go job hunting guilt free now :)

Jeez, nice of the manager to tell you!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”