I hate my job! Or do I?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Re: I hate my job! Or do I?

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks Peaches!
I am currently filling out apps. I have a couple of pretty good leads. So *fingers crossed*
ImageImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:00 pm

Good luck for the job hunt, bakergirl!

I can say with absolute certainty that I hate my job :D
It's a psychological analogy

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 pm

I wish you the best of luck, Baker. :hug:
ImageImage

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Thanks ZWP and Oz! :D
ImageImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:20 pm

Any news yet? :D

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 pm

*sigh* not any good news. Im waiting to here back from a couple of places but the other places I've tried either aren't hiring full time or not at all. I am still collecting apps. :?
ImageImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Any more news yet?

New job sounds OK - sort of an business management type thing - will be doing HR stuff, risk management, managing the admin staff and financey stuff.

:rock: (yup, I'm being sarcastic)

Should leave plenty of mental room for thinking about more intersting things :D

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Woaw, sounds pretty intense. More challenging, I'm guessing? Is this the kind of thing you wanted to do, or is it just a way of getting out from under your current evil boss? And is it at the same company?

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Mainly the latter.

It sounds like there's more of a mix of things - luckily I'll have to some staff to do some of them for me. Still feel uncomfortable with asking people to do things though:roll:

It sounds fairly easy, for the same pay. Think there's a homeworking option as well some days, so I can continue in my preferred lifestyle ofslobbing round the house in pyjama bottoms :D

SuzyBatt

Postby SuzyBatt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm terrible at telling others what to do as well. I've had an intern all summer and it's made me so uncomfortable telling him what to do. Half the time I don't know what to do myself. :?

I'm working from home right now. I LOVE having that option!!! That's why I'm on here so much today... :oops:

Zebra, I hope it turns out well!

Ok, back to work for me... :type: I've got some SERIOUS deadlines coming up. :shock: :nails:

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:06 pm

I used to have an 'emergency spreadsheet' to open up when I saw anyone senior/sneaky approaching.

Nope, I'm never sure what to do either....and always a bit worried incase they refuse to do it :roll:

SuzyBatt

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Is anyone else having a really crappy week at work?!? :cross: :witsend: :help:

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Aw, there, there, Suze. There, there, there, there, there :goodman:

I wouldn't say I'm having a horrible week, but I am starting to feel slightly uncomfortable about quitting the job. Not because I regret the decision itself but rather because I haven't told everyone, and I don't know how to... :worry: Tomorrow there's a tri-weekly (is that a word?) meeting of the heads of all the departments and I know my leaving will be on the agenda. I feel like such a quitter, and I don't want to talk about my reasons for leaving either :roll: (I don't see my coming clean about my hate for the countryside going down too well with the rest of the country dwellers...)

To top this off I have to present the plans of the interpretation department to the board afterwards. Horror of horrors... My heart is telling me to pull a sickie, my head is telling me that I need to be a pro (and I'll need to use my boss a referee for later, which in turn means I'll have to be a saint for 7 more weeks :halo: )

I'm looking for a new job now. I had forgotten how much I loathe this process too. :worry: ATM it seems that I get to choose between applying for a job I kind of don't want in my home town or applying for a job I really want abroad. Unfortunatley the chances of getting the jobs I don't want are pretty slim, and getting an interview abroad seems even more unlikely :P

Rant over :lol:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

SuzyBatt

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Oh, don't pull a sickie biscuit. Better to get it over with, I promise (and as uncomfortable as you feel about it now, you'll feel even worse after). As for the explaining to others, can you just say 'for personal reasons'? Are these the type to pry? Barring that, can you just lie?!? (My young son is terribly ill and we need nearlby access to hospitals and top medical care... :boohoo: )

I'm sorry for you that you couldn't make the job work out since you seemed to really like it (at least, last time I checked ;) ). I'm STILL trying to find something I want to do, because it seems that everytime I find a job I think I want to do, it turns out I don't really want to do it! It's starting to drive me kind of batty. My latest 'calling' is to work for some kind of environmental cause. At least that's the conclusion I came to with my career counsellor. I just don't have the energy to start that search as I probably would need to, er, actually know something about some environmental issues. I just can't deal with working for 'the man' anymore! :hammer:

Hope you can find something biscuit. You're brave to look overseas. My whole life (practically) I've wanted to move away for work but have never had the guts.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 pm

biscuit wrote: I feel like such a quitter, and I don't want to talk about my reasons for leaving either :roll: (I don't see my coming clean about my hate for the countryside going down too well with the rest of the country dwellers...)
What's this quitting crap? There's no reason to remain in a place that doesn't make you happy. Don't pull a sickie. You'll regret not don't the right thing. Do it right and you'll sleep at night. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”