Harry Potter

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Harry Potter

Postby Peaches » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:18 am

I'm going to go all fan girly soon over the new film...so I want somewhere to do it!

I am very very excited about the new movie...bought my tickets already :D

Anyone else as super pumped? :D
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Re: Harry Potter

Postby Faith » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:21 am

Oh, me, me! I've been waiting for this movie forever. Can't wait til Wed. :D

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:31 am

I already bought the game (and finished it same day...) :oops:

It seems like forever since the last one came out!

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 am

Seriously, hasn't it been like 2 years? I had thought about reading the book again before I saw the movie, but then I know I would spend the whole movie nitpicking what they changed and what they left out so I decided not to.

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:19 am

Spent all weekend watching the last 5 movies. This is gonna be such a great movie, the book was one of my favs in the series, lots to fit into one film.

They kept showing previews in between the movies on ABC Family channel all weekend :P

I don't have tickets yet, and I am not able to go until Friday morning..its gonna be a long week.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:06 am

Haha, I did that too :) Watched the other 5 to catch up :)

It was probably one of my favourite books too (least being the Deathly Hallows).

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:57 am

I can't wait to see the film :cheer:

I love the books, and when I'd finished the last one I took comfort in knowing that there were still plenty more films:) I'm so happy that all the main actors are still in them too,cause I remember much talk about them becoming too old too fast, but I think it's working out fine :nod:

The 5 film marathon catch-up seems like a good plan:)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:00 pm

I can't wait either! Some friends from work and I are going to see the midnight showing. We already have our tickets and have had them for like 2 weeks LOL :D

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Oooh and I bet bunches of people are gonna be in some sort of costume...they usually do for the midnight shows from what I hear. :clap:

I had to laugh at the character 'Professor Snape". Having seen these movies a few times now, I watched Snape more closely and am very fond of him, at least the character acting by Alan Rickman, (whom I love!). His expressions made me laugh out loud many times, he was such a d*ck. I am just referring to the older movies, nothing new...

What do you all think of Snape/Rickman?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm hot for Snape/Rickman. I've got my t-shirt all made for HBP- I always knew he was good and I think JK gave him the shaft in DH!

It does feel like forever since it was originally supposed to come out last November. But Warner decided it wanted to cash in more on the HP franchise and pushed it back to a summer release. All for $$$. As if HP doesn't make tons already?! GRRRRR......we'd already had our midnight-viewing plans made when it was announced, and then Twilight took their opening day slot, which helped a little. BUT, I'm mad at Warner and plan to boycott opening weekend over it. I hope they make no more than they would have if they'd released back in Nov!

But at least with DH (which is filming now!!) that'll come out next Nov and part 2 will come out the following July...at least that's their plan.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Here are some on-site pics of them filming scenes at Shell Cottage for DH. On pg. 2 you'll see Hermione carrying *snif* you-know....and Harry digging the grave for him.
:(
http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/ ... t_I&page=1

*Sob* If you haven't read DH, don't look at the last pic here:
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potte ... 4-a-64365/

More pics from filming...and some info on Emma:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -film.html
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:32 am

There was an interview with Daniel Radcliffe that I saw this morning and I just cannot believe he is the same kid! The interviewer pointed out that the trio of actors playing Harry, Hermione and Ron (as well as some of the others that have remained since the first film) have been working together for HALF of their lives! Crazy to think about.

There are some IMAX theaters offering showings in my area-once you first night tickets holders see the show let me know if it is worth the extra bucks to see it on a really BIG screen!

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:47 am

Me and my friend are going to see it. I cannot wait. :D I love the Harry Potter films, although I stopped reading the books some time ago. I still have interest in the characters, though.
ImageImage

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:11 am

LauraK wrote:Here are some on-site pics of them filming scenes at Shell Cottage for DH. On pg. 2 you'll see Hermione carrying *snif* you-know....and Harry digging the grave for him.
:(
http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/ ... t_I&page=1

*Sob* If you haven't read DH, don't look at the last pic here:
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potte ... 4-a-64365/

More pics from filming...and some info on Emma:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -film.html

Oh that scene broke my heart (in the novel), and I'm sure I'll cry when I see it on screen :(

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Oh me too ! I will be very emotional for this one. This book was one of the best storylines in the series.

Return to “Off topic rambles”