Vancouver!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: Vancouver!

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:56 am

Stephv - my grandmother's family still has a place in Souris, Prince Edward Island. My brother got a chance to go, and the pictures were outstanding. It's a lovely spot.

Oz - great thread! I've only been to Vancouver to catch a cruise ship to Alaska, but it was beautiful going from the airport to the ship. People on board recommended staying a few days to enjoy Vancouver after the cruise was over, but we couldn't.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Vancouver!

Postby VaiVedrai » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:21 pm

SuzyBatt wrote:Nice thought Oz. I has thought about starting a Canadian thread for Canada Day but wasn't near a computer at the time.

Some of the boring bits would be the prairies where there's a whole lot of nothin'. You certainly wouldn't want to miss Montreal (not that I'm biased or anything).

As for Vancouver, yes, it is indeed a beautiful blend of nature and metropolis. But I just can't let this go by... Vancouver is actually third largest, after Toronto and Montreal, though Montreal and Vancouver seem to trade 2nd rank on a regular basis.
Thanks for bringing back the Montreal love...it's really a nice place. (Although the Parti Québecois' obsession with making the province French-only bothers me.)
I also want to throw out some love for New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. I went to both provinces a few years back, and the atmosphere and scenery are both so lovely. (Peggy's Cove is a must for visiting Nova Scotia.)
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

Return to “Off topic rambles”