Things that scare you...

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Things that scare you...

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:34 pm

Hmm...no. lol It sounds faintly dirty, but that's probably not what you mean. I'm going to have the watch the movie again and see if that makes sense. I've always thought the first half was a dream the girl was having while she died and then the second half is reality breaking through the dream.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:49 am

Has anyone heard of the Tree Man?

God, that would scare the hell out of me...I can't even look at pictures of him *need vomit icon here*
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:49 am

Oooh! I saw a little of that on the discovery channel! It was odd but didn't scare me. I think they're actually treating him and he's getting better if that helps.

My mom told me tonight that she has nightmares about Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I asked her 3 times, she was serious! She said "It's just too much frosting!" I want her life where that's what I have nightmares about lol.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:57 am

Krispy Kreme is bomb. Unless these dreams involve killer doughnuts trying to eat me, I think I'd be okay with her nightmares.

My nightmares are usually obstacles. Typically, I'm lost or there's something or someone trying to stop me from reaching my goal. I wouldn't call them scary but they're not pleasant either. Frustrating! That's the word I'm searching for.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:58 am

But...they're all warts!

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:02 am

Her's was just that they glaze the doughnuts on both sides and then put frosting on the top, and that er...gives her nightmares lol. She kept telling me there "should only be frosting on the top." :dunno: I could deal with her nightmares as well!

I have frustrated dreams as well, but real nightmares as well. My most recent one was a dog biting my ear off while I was relaxing on the floor. Then someone was writing poetry on my walls with the blood gushing from the gaping hole while I bled to death.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:15 am

vmh wrote:My nightmares are usually obstacles. Typically, I'm lost or there's something or someone trying to stop me from reaching my goal. I wouldn't call them scary but they're not pleasant either. Frustrating! That's the word I'm searching for.

Ugh, I hate those dreams, they are SO ANNOYING. They tend to be really boring and repetitive in addition to frustrating.

My nightmares usually involve zombies or monsters of some kind, but sometimes I have the kind of nightmare where something has happened to one of my kids, and they're always so realistic I don't realize I'm dreaming. Those are worse than zombies.

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 am

mockingbird wrote:
My nightmares usually involve zombies or monsters of some kind, but sometimes I have the kind of nightmare where something has happened to one of my kids, and they're always so realistic I don't realize I'm dreaming. Those are worse than zombies.

Ugh, I had one of those not long ago and woke up all sweaty and freaked out. Not nice.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:19 am

deliriumtree wrote:I have frustrated dreams as well, but real nightmares as well. My most recent one was a dog biting my ear off while I was relaxing on the floor. Then someone was writing poetry on my walls with the blood gushing from the gaping hole while I bled to death.

Yikes! My scary dreams aren't usually very gory, they more involve feelings of dread for various reasons, i.e. the knowledge that zombies are after me, lol.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 am

eejm wrote:
mockingbird wrote:

Ugh, I had one of those not long ago and woke up all sweaty and freaked out. Not nice.

The only good thing about them is that first moment when you wake up and realize it was just a dream.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 pm

I just picked up Stephen King's It dvd at the library. The librarian said how scary it was. I said "I'm not scared of clowns." She said "You will be." :o :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:11 pm

Peaches wrote:But...they're all warts!
Just saw this... You should see some of the cockers I groom. They're walking warts with an occasional patch of dog. You can look at a lot of disgusting stuff and not flinch after grooming for a few years. I'm immune to warts, maggots, ticks, fleas, yeast, rotting skin and any kind of animal crap thanks to my job.

How can anyone seriously not be afraid of clowns?! That's mystifying to me!

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:57 am

Tim Curry in It was bloody scary!

Urgh, I totally freak out at skin things like warts....

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:02 am

Peaches wrote:Tim Curry in It was bloody scary!

Oh, no kidding. I thought he was kind of an unusual choice for Pennywise, but he did an incredibly good job making him creepy. And I've never been scared by clowns.

Or Tim Curry, for that matter.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:33 am

James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Return to “Off topic rambles”