Things that scare you...

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Re: Things that scare you...

Postby Peaches » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:31 am

:roll2:

Yeah I find Noel Fielding pretty scary!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:34 am

Hehe, Old Gregg looks like a freaky version of Rick James to me.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 am

Essentially he's a serial killer isn't he? Hunting out lonely old fishermen, keeping them to himself :)
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:16 pm

eejm wrote:
Peaches wrote:Tim Curry in It was bloody scary!

Oh, no kidding. I thought he was kind of an unusual choice for Pennywise, but he did an incredibly good job making him creepy. And I've never been scared by clowns.

Or Tim Curry, for that matter.

Me neither!
I watched it when I was 13, and couldn't sleep for a few months.
It's a psychological analogy

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:20 am

I don't think I ever got around to watching It, although I did read the book. Of course, it took me my entire sophomore year of college to read it, simply because I always had other reading to do. I suspect that's why I don't remember being truly horrified by the story.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Well call me a downer but I could only sit through 35 minutes of It. Is it supposed to be a B movie, as in horrible acting? LOL. I might have missed something good but at the time I just couldn't be arsed and moved on to something even more terrifying - the trials and tribulations of Don Draper!
90% evil
ImageImage

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:52 am

SheWolf, it was made as a miniseries for ABC (I think) in the very early 1990s, and they couldn't get too violent for network TV. And no, the rest of the actors aside from Tim Curry didn't do an exactly stellar job. But, I thought Tim Curry did an excellent job, and his character was so darned creep. My greatest memory of him before I saw it was as Rooster in the movie version of Annie. (I didn't see Rocky Horror until later.)

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Well he certainly looked scary on the DVD menu but when his head popped out of the sewer drained I laughed. I'm a tough critic. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:46 am

Zombies. I know that sounds extremely crazy, but after reading the Zombie Survival Guide, I spend a considerable amount of time wondering what I'm going to do if there's a zombie outbreak some day. Not that I think there WILL be one, but IF there was.
For instance, I can't help but look at a building without analyzing how it would hold up to a zombie siege. I'm going crazy.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 am

republicans scare me.

The End.

Red

Postby Red » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:15 am

You're a wise woman, CJ. I use to be a republican so I know first hand that they can be a scary bunch.

And, Stray, I've had the occasional "what would I do if zombies attacked" thought myself. I just hope if/when there is an outbreak that they're not the fast zombies from 28 Days Later. Because if they are, I'll be one of the first to die.

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:29 am

Oh yeah definitely. Fast zombies would be a big problem. I'm not really slow, but I have zero stamina. My other problem is I have zero guns.

Red

Postby Red » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:50 am

I guess that's one good thing about living in Texas - if there's a zombie outbreak we're all well armed. :lol:

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 pm

The same for AZ if there was a Zombie outbreak, a lot of people would be shooting them down...but for how long?those buggers are tenacious.. :thump:

I am slow and lack stamina. If I am nervous or scared I get 'heavy legs' and can hardly move. Zombies would have me in an instant.

I am so creeped by clowns, :shock: which is just one more reason to hate the circus and everything about it.

Clowns are evil. and Zombies are scary.

I never saw Coraline, The dvd was on sale so I got a 3D copy (4 pair of glasses included) don't know how it will be on tv but... , :popcorn: now I am a bit nervous... :nails:

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:32 pm

I'm afraid of driving. I'm 25 and I can't drive. I'm afraid I'll crash or not be paying attention to the right thing at the wrong time or run some kid over or have passengers and get them hurt or worse. I know I need to learn at some point but I'm hoping that I'll get rich first and just be able to hire a chauffeur.

I also can't swim, being in deep water freaks me out.

Return to “Off topic rambles”