Things that scare you...

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
closet jemainiac

Re: Things that scare you...

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:34 pm

You live in LA, Id be afraid of driving there too! The exit ramps are almost nonexistant! Holy Crapola! :shock:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:13 pm

1) Rats/mice coming out of nowhere
2) Public speaking (I suppose I've improved over the years with practice but I still can get really nervous when I have to speak in front of an audience)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Ohhhhh, I would so kill the zombies! I'd be really good at it. I've thought about it a lot. (We just watched Shaun of the Dead this morning, lol. Which rocks, btw.) Vampires, too...if I didn't decide to ask one to turn me, that is. :twisted:

Now, malevolant ghosts?? Demons?? :shock: Scary. :shock:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:25 am

LauraK wrote:Ohhhhh, I would so kill the zombies! I'd be really good at it. I've thought about it a lot. (We just watched Shaun of the Dead this morning, lol. Which rocks, btw.)

Laura, I concur that Shaun of the Dead rocks; and the best friend in the film has a part in Pirate Radio!

Recently I saw one of my fears happen in front of me; a guest visiting where I work dropped her key ring into one of the grates! It had her house, garage and car keys on it and she estimated the replacement costs to be close to $400.00! Between myself and three other people, we chipped the cement seal off, pried up the grate and had to use magnets, tools and finally a shop vac to get the keys out. Wah-hoo! My husband laughed the first time I told him this was a fear of mine so I called him and said "SEE!?"

He still laughed. I still grip my keys extra tight when I walk by a grate.

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:02 am

Venus wrote:1) Rats/mice coming out of nowhere

Agreed. I have the most terrifying mouse story...god, just thinking about it makes me tremble a bit.

I'm also scared of takeoff and landing on airplanes. Not the flight itself or anything, just the takeoff and landing. It freaks me out, I usually need to like close my eyes and tell myself that everything will go smoothly.
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 am

jillbean wrote:
LauraK wrote:Ohhhhh, I would so kill the zombies! I'd be really good at it. I've thought about it a lot. (We just watched Shaun of the Dead this morning, lol. Which rocks, btw.)

Laura, I concur that Shaun of the Dead rocks; and the best friend in the film has a part in Pirate Radio!

Recently I saw one of my fears happen in front of me; a guest visiting where I work dropped her key ring into one of the grates! It had her house, garage and car keys on it and she estimated the replacement costs to be close to $400.00! Between myself and three other people, we chipped the cement seal off, pried up the grate and had to use magnets, tools and finally a shop vac to get the keys out. Wah-hoo! My husband laughed the first time I told him this was a fear of mine so I called him and said "SEE!?"

He still laughed. I still grip my keys extra tight when I walk by a grate.

Not only is Nick Frost in it, but Bill Nighy who played Shaun's stepDad is too. :)

I thought you were going to say you were afraid of grates because of seeing IT........ :twisted:
ImageImage

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:11 am

Oh me too, Songbird! I'm fine in the air but take off and landing terrify me. Like hold my breath, grip the armrests and try not to cry scary.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 am

Really!? I get excited by aeroplanes!*

*am not weird...
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:26 am

Peaches wrote:Really!? I get excited by aeroplanes!*

*am not weird...

No, you are not weird. Well, actually you are a bit weird, but not about loving airplanes. It's just the way you spell it that makes you weird! :P

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:28 am

It's how it should be spelt! Cos they're machines...to do with aerodynamics...ya know! Well New Zealander's say it too :lol:
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Gracie

Postby Gracie » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:13 pm

When I was little, I got really confused over this. I thought airplanes and aeroplanes were different types of planes.

Thing that scares me the most - cars with electronic windows. Apparently, if your car drives into a river/lake etc., you can't open the doors until your car is fully submerged. So obviously you should climb out the window. But cars these days seem to only have electronic windows, and I don't want to be waiting for my car to fully submerge!
Last edited by Gracie on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:20 pm

I saw a show about this, Gracie. IIRC there was something about the pressure on your doors AND windows when your car is in water... I think the trick is opening your windows a bit to let water in and equalize pressure on either side of the door...Hopefully, you'll never need this info! :hug:

thestray

Postby thestray » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:59 pm

They sell these little devices that you can use to break the window in such a predicament. That'd be a scary scenario for me, because I can't swim :shock:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:05 pm

Yep, hubby got me one...now if only I could remember what it's called.....you set it against the glass and pull back and let go and -bam! Supposed to break the glass.
Is it a center punch??
Last edited by LauraK on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:20 pm

That would be just horrific. I am afraid of that entire scenerio. Thank goodness I live in a desert...not much chance of that happening. :roll:

Return to “Off topic rambles”