Which actor and actress would you have dinner with?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Which actor and actress would you have dinner with?

Postby biscuit » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:44 am

I saw this odd little poll today, and thought I'd bring it in here :) You can choose between all living actors and actresses, with the exception of Mr Clement and Mr McKenzie or anyone involved with the FOTC series, because then this would be a very boring thread :whistle:

I would like to have dinner with Emma Thompson and.... I'll have to have a good think about the actor. Possibly Johnny Depp though :halo: I'm just not sure whether he'll be easy to talk to. I'd need someone funny, entertaining and laid back :nod: And intelligent, but not intimidatingly smart.
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

curlisue
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Which actor and actress would you have dinner with?

Postby curlisue » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Good choices Biscuit, its really tricky choosing my faves. I'll go for Stephen Fry (friend of Emma T. and former stand-up partner to Hugh Laurie) cos he's amazingly diverse and intelligent, but still humble and is the most interesting man i've ever seen on the telly. For my female choice it'd either be Susan Sarandon or Jane Fonda, both for their intelligence and their political activism.
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence

seasick_sarah

Postby seasick_sarah » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:15 pm

I ADORE Stephen Fry, so I'd have to go with him, too.

As for the actress....I pick....Marianne Faithfull, if she even counts. Those two together would make for some very interesting conversation. :)

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Hahaha!

I couldn't settle on the actor, but I was thinking I'd go with Stephen Fry instead of Johnny :lol: We should all go together :D
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

curlisue

Postby curlisue » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Hey girls, great minds think alike, or should that be fools seldom differ ? :lol:

Honestly, all of the choices made so far would be fine by me, there's so many interesting folks out there (no pun intended :wink: )
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 pm

biscuit wrote:Possibly Johnny Depp though :halo: I'm just not sure whether he'll be easy to talk to. I'd need someone funny, entertaining and laid back :nod: And intelligent, but not intimidatingly smart.
I used to watch Inside the Actor's Studio religiously and was often pleasantly surprised by how some actors I couldn't give 2 hoots about (hello Ben Affleck, Russell Crowe) were so insanely charming, down to earth, smart and witty. And others who I assumed would be interesting like Robert DeNiro and Johnny Depp were awkward and completely devoid of charm. Though having just seen Dead Man & being totally mesmerized by his face I'd say that if I invited Depp to dinner he wouldn't need to speak, looking at him is enough. :)
90% evil
ImageImage

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:46 pm

Sacha Baron Cohen.
ImageImage

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:57 pm

I would like to have dinner with Kevin Bacon. Not only because he has done more movies than anyone on the planet, but he is so diverse in those roles. His life with Kyra and being a sucess at keeping it together.

I saw Dead Man. I bought it afterward to add to my library. Depp is so incredible in that weird movie.

Depp may be awkward in settings like Actors Studio etc. but he has said over and over he hates talking about the movies he made. He is a real guy, not a 'look at me' actor, and loves to talk about the work involved, not the finished product. I saw him on AS twice, and thought he was charming and shy.

So I would definitely love to sit across the table with him over a few bottles of wine, cuz it doesn't look like he eats much.

I would sit down with Helen Mirren too. She is just so special.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 pm

I guess I had too much coffee this morning. I am a posting fool....

I would love to sit down with Demetri Martin. Smart, funny, charming, but for dinner, I am afraid that with him, we probably would have to settle for gluten-free bread crumbs and distilled water.

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Well, to further explain my choice so people don't think I'm an oddball, I chose Sacha because I think I would feel comfortable around him. He is such a total loon, and my sense of humor is similar to his. I mean my real sense of humor, not what I put up as a front. We would laugh at stupid, vulgar jokes, yet I can still imagine him being a gentleman.

Certain actors like Johnny Depp I would feel very intimidated by. Even if he is down-to-earth, I like to be around somebody who is not afraid to make a fool out of themselves, like Sacha.
It would feel like I'm with a goofy best friend instead of an actor:D
ImageImage

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Will Ferrell or Paul Rudd for male company

and right now, either Megan Mullaley or Brooke Elliott (from the delightful Drop Dead Diva)
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:34 pm

either Ewan McGregor or Viggo Mortenson...both seem like good dinner companions...not self absorbed and into way more than acting....not to mention quite easy on the eyes

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:Will Ferrell or Paul Rudd for male company

and right now, either Megan Mullaley or Brooke Elliott (from the delightful Drop Dead Diva)

I really like Drop Dead Diva...that is hte first show NOT on HBO that I have commited to watching regularly in a long time...Im sad Fred got sent away :(

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 pm

For actress, I would probably pick Tina Fey because I think she is hilarious:)
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:39 pm

oh and either Drew Barrymore or Natalie Portman if I had to choose a woman

Return to “Off topic rambles”