Which actor and actress would you have dinner with?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: Which actor and actress would you have dinner with?

Postby DaMango » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Johnny Depp please! :D I know he's kind of a popular choice, but I've loved him for nearly 20 years, so it's high time we meet. I find him very intelligent, well spoken, and nonchalant during interviews, so I think he would make for an interesting dinner companion. I admire the risks he takes with his work, and his attitude towards fame. I'll cook him whatever he wants! He can even bring his lady and children along.

If Johnny isn't available, then I'd like to have Christopher Guest to dinner. I met the other 2 guys from Spinal Tap after a concert last spring, but not Chris. He's a comic genius. Spinal Tap, Waiting for Guffman, and A Mighty Wind are some of my favorite movies. We could have an impromptu sing-along!
Last edited by DaMango on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Maybe Cate Blanchett, as well. Her work in I'm Not There made her one of my favourite actresses now. She is so talented and creative:)
Or Zooey Deschanel~ she is so awesome.
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 pm

closet jemainiac wrote:either Ewan McGregor or Viggo Mortenson...both seem like good dinner companions...not self absorbed and into way more than acting....not to mention quite easy on the eyes

Love them both! Ewan seems so fun and down to earth! I'd love to have Viggo show me some of his art...:heart:

Here's my choice....even though he says he isn't an actor- he IS:
Jemaine Clement. I'd ask who his favorite actors and actresses are...movies...talk about what he thought he'd be doing at this stage in his life rather than what he's actually doing now. You know...what he planned for when he was in Uni. :P In some interviews he seems a bit like this is all just something that he lucked into. I'd like to ask what profession he'd be in if his acting/comedy/musical skills were suddenly gone.

For actress....I don't know....Susan Sarandon probably because she's done so many movies I really liked and I think she'd have a lot of great stories to tell. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 pm

I forgot to pick an actress. Natalie Portman anf Parker Posey would make enchanting dinner guests. Natalie is so smart and sweet, and Parker is incredibly funny, and not afraid to be goofy.

I'd also love to have both Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry over for dinner! What a brilliant night that would be! (I promise I won't force them to watch my Jeeves and Wooster DVDs with me.)

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:09 pm

David Duchovny! Image
He is actually highly intelligent in real life. And after watching Californication... well.
ImageImage

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:12 pm

LauraK wrote:
closet jemainiac wrote:either Ewan McGregor or Viggo Mortenson...both seem like good dinner companions...not self absorbed and into way more than acting....not to mention quite easy on the eyes

Love them both! Ewan seems so fun and down to earth! I'd love to have Viggo show me some of his art...:heart:

Good choices, and if Ewan comes, he should bring his best friend Charlie Boormann from "Long Way Round." He seems like a sweetie and they play off each other so well.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:23 pm

Ozpot wrote:David Duchovny! Image
He is actually highly intelligent in real life. And after watching Californication... well.

Oh yeah, he's hilarious! I admired his dry wit on The X Files, but even more so in some of his other work. He hosted SNL when I was in high school, and he was brilliant. His cameo in Zoolander was very memorable as well. Have you seen the move The TV Set? He's great in it (although Sigourney Weaver steals the show).

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Hmmm I gotta go with either Vince Vaughn or Dicky Barrett 8) Please do not make me choose :lol:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:44 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:
LauraK wrote:

Good choices, and if Ewan comes, he should bring his best friend Charlie Boormann from "Long Way Round." He seems like a sweetie and they play off each other so well.

AH yis...I didnt get a chance to see Long Way Down.....did you?

Either Charlie or Craig Ferguson! Did you see Ewan on hsi show promoting Deception a year ago or so? They are sooo cute and charming together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OexuFE03hZk
"the scottish vacuum of charm" as Craig and james McAvoy put it.

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:46 pm

DaMango wrote:
Ozpot wrote:David Duchovny! Image

Oh yeah, he's hilarious! I admired his dry wit on The X Files, but even more so in some of his other work. He hosted SNL when I was in high school, and he was brilliant. His cameo in Zoolander was very memorable as well. Have you seen the move The TV Set? He's great in it (although Sigourney Weaver steals the show).

I've never seen that movie. I might check it out:D

Oh, I love Mulder so much. He's so dry and geeky.
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBPFeHa0 ... re=related

Dont forget to watch part 2of2 of Ewan on Craig Ferguson.....I almost peed my pants, this is so funny. :lol:

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Now I can't stop imagining having a dinner with both Baron Cohen and Duchovny. It would be both incredibly awkward and incredibly sexy.
They would stop by my nice little apartment, when I afford to own one. I'd look up how to make pasta salad and fish tacos. We could drink some delicious margaritas. And then they'd stay over a bit later after dinner, and-
I am a terrible person.
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 pm

"they'd stay over a bit later after dinner, and"

do the dishes??? :hrm:

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:19 pm

closet jemainiac wrote:"they'd stay over a bit later after dinner, and"

do the dishes??? :hrm:

Yes, the dishes. That's it.
ImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 pm

I love David Duchovny...it's a geeky love based on his time in the Xfiles, but no less worthy because of that.

Stephen Fry also a good call - don't really think of him as an acrtor any more though - more author/TV presenter/writer/comedian.

What authors would you all invite

:geek:
It's a psychological analogy

Return to “Off topic rambles”