The Mighty Boosh

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: The Mighty Boosh

Postby helgecko » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:52 pm

CailenBraern wrote:Panda...this is a litle bit weird.

it so is!! :lol:

(sorry everyone, a few of us know each other from a Mighty Boosh forum, so this thread in this forum feels a little like the universe folding in on itself...)
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:54 pm

helgecko wrote:(sorry everyone, a few of us know each other from a Mighty Boosh forum, so this thread in this forum feels a little like the universe folding in on itself...)

you said it perfectly xD that is kinda how i feel, but i did start this by accident, i didnt know loads of people would like them so much on here haha.

Why did i get double stuffed?

CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby CailenBraern » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:57 pm

The aforementioned few usually seek solace in a FOTC thread on previously mentioned forum. So this is like a parallel world.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:00 am

CailenBraern wrote:The aforementioned few usually seek solace in a FOTC thread on previously mentioned forum. So this is like a parallel world.

hahaha yeah, & i kept posting fotc vids in Tc didnt i xD

so yeah..i clogged up boosh forum with fotc stuff, & now theres a thread for boosh on fotc forum..this IS confusing..but i dont mind.

edit: i just confused myself with this post..arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

canattack
Half a shapely halibut

Postby canattack » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:47 pm

I love the Mighty Boosh but FOTC will forever be main stage in my heart. I just don't feel any attraction toward Noel or Julian and although I love S1 and S2 I didn't like S3 at all.

Still what a couple of cool chaps :lol:
Flighty est. 2007

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:46 pm

I haven't been watching them in series order, but I like the ones at the Nabootique.

I can never remember their songs, and I usually find their stuff more whimsical than outright funny. But darn it, they are so likeable, and their imaginations are so fertile.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:55 pm

I am a MB fan but didn't know there was a Boosh forum. I love them!!! So I will go lurk over there for some info on the lads.

I am not attached to them in the same way that I love Bret and Jemaine. I never could, and never will, but for all you others that feel this way, give the guys a chance becase they are simply terrific and very talented, I enjoy them very very much!! just not in the same way as FOTC.

It is so weird because I really was not ever gonna bring them (MB)up unless someone else did. I was afraid people here might find me too immature for their liking..some of the MB episodes are just so...well there is no real word for it... :rolleyes:

Anyway! Come to the Mighty Boosh!!1 :prayer: edit: (that is their theme song for tv series)

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:18 pm

ItsAllRyche wrote:I am a MB fan but didn't know there was a Boosh forum. I love them!!! So I will go lurk over there for some info on the lads.

you might not want to go on there at the moment, its not very nice, full of old forumers spamming threads, & everyones peed off.
its usually nice though, well not as nice as this forum...xD

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:38 am

I registered on the board awhile ago but I don't know. I'm so used to the way WTF! is laid out that I didn't take to the Boosh MB as well. I bought the DVD's at Amoeba but I haven't watched the whole series yet because I'm still waiting for my new DVD player. Most of the episodes I've seen are from Seasons 2 & 3 and from the ones that I've seen, I think my favorite is The Nightmare of Milky Joe just for the sheer ridiculous-ness. Precious totally stole the show. :lol:

I don't follow them as closely as FOTC. I love The Boosh but I probably wouldn't travel outside of Southern CA to see them even though their stage show is fantastic and not to be missed. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I'm just more attached to FOTC.

I met the cast at the Amoeba signing. I didn't really get to talk to them because there were a ton of people in line so all I got was a handshake and I got to say hello. Noel was the first person I greeted. I had a major brainfart because he extended his hand out and I was just starring at him for awhile before I snapped out of it and realized that I was supposed to shake his hand. :doh: I'm sure Panda has some great stories to tell. Please share!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:41 am

noels always the first one to be all nice isnt he? hahah.

i will tell stories if you want, but i have a lot xD

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:46 am

Panda..ness wrote:i will tell stories if you want, but i have a lot xD

That's okay by me. :D
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:09 am

vmh wrote:
Panda..ness wrote:i will tell stories if you want, but i have a lot xD

That's okay by me. :D

:D

well....erm...xD
i first met noel & rich at a boosh warm up show, that strangely happened a year ago yesterday :D & that was amazing, the show was good, it was basically you watching them read the show from scripts & getting it wrong..
& when i first met rich me & the friends of the time talked to him about how if they'd not finished writing the show, they could just speak really slowly, so resulted in all of us..speaking slowly xD ( i was drunk)
& that night i was speaking loud & dave came past & just shushed me, that made me giggle.
& then i met julian at a signing just before my birthday last year, & went speechless, mainly because i have such a crush on him, i was like 'o....hello' & noel brought me back by saying he liked my hair..
more meetings happened after but i wont go on about them haha.

& then at brighton i FINALLY had the right mind to talk to julian without dying inside, so he talked to us all for must have been like 15-20 mins about stuff, & he was sooo lovely :) he told us to barge past the security & that night we tried to & he was smiling at us, & as we'd talked to dave about security too he whispered into noels ear & then they sang 'i did a s*** on security' (they do i did a s*** on your mum at the end) just for us, it was so ace :D

erm..ill say about aberdeen too, cos Cb was there xD
basically that night me & cb dressed up as party vince & howard, we looked ace ;) & we were front row too which was ace!
& then in interval us & all our mates changed into nanas as they dress up as nanas at the end, & when julian came out he stared at me & cb for a couple of secs with a confused look on his face, made me giggle xD
then after, after a sad thing, that i wont go into, Cb knows..
we met the guys again, & olly ralfe whos filming backstage stuff filmed us meeting the boys, we didnt talk to rich & julian but when ju came out he smiled at me & cb so.... :D

& ill say about nme awards, cos dave was drunk when i met him, & i was trying to take a pic of him & my mate who he knows, & my flash had broken & after like 6 pics he nicked my cam off me & tried to work out how to make it right, & i had to grab it back hahah.

i think thats it..i wont go on anymore..ask Cb for more exciting times ;)

o yeah & noel fielding weighs a bloody ton when he jumps on you..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzY2LuZ1xEQ (by me xD)

i saw the show 10 times, at *breaths* york, sheffield, brixton x2, brighton, newcastle, manchester (dvd recording), wembley, glasgow & aberdeen :D

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:30 am

10 times shows major dedication! That's so cool that you got to see a show with CailenBraern. I need to try to convert my friends so I could have someone to crimp with.

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:04 pm

I may try to keep some wine back this evening....to waatch the Boosh with tomorrow :D

( :partyman: , in a slightly sad way!)
It's a psychological analogy

CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby CailenBraern » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:17 am

I don't...really have more exciting times...you pretty much covered it Panda!

Although, you forgot to mention that both guys were clearly disturbed and aroused by my moustache.

Oh, and I saw it ten times too :shock: Though not all of them with Panda. There was 3xDublin, 1xSheffield, 3xBrixton, 2xBrighton, and final show in Aberdeen.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.

Return to “Off topic rambles”