WTFIUO Logo. Help us decide :) Win prize!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Re: WTFIUO Logo. Help us decide :) Win prize!

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Great job everyone! You all are so talented! My vote will be for #1! :D
ImageImageImageImage

canattack
Half a shapely halibut

Postby canattack » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:35 pm

4. :rock:
Flighty est. 2007

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:54 am

I'll be happy with any of them. :D WTFIUO T-Shirts!!! I can hardly wait. :woohoo: #1 is spectacular.

I wanna vote for #3, but I thought we could only have three colors. :hrm:

So, my vote is for #3 if we get all of the colors (cuz I love, love, love it) :pray: I vote #4 if not. Or I guess I'd have to see it with only 3 colors, before changing my vote.
Image..Image..Image

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:49 pm

*bump*

Don't forget to vote :wink:

Only two days left now :cheer:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Yikees, I cant decide. Put thinking cap on. Einee Meanee Mine-y Mo. Oh, dunno what to do.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:55 pm

Image..Image..Image

Maze
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Maze » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm going to have to go with #1.

Just a thought...would it be possible to combine some of the best elements for the winning product? I like #3 a lot for its vibrant colors & it's really very pretty. Its shape/size I think is also ideal for posting on shirts/products. However, I don't think the uke is prominent enough in the logo and since it's an international organization I think the poster girl is not reflective of the diversity of the field.

Artistically, they're all pretty spectacular! Bravo to everybody who submitted artwork. :clap:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Hehe - maybe we could shrink down the graphic in #3 and put it in the middle of the uke in #1? But then we'd be running into all sorts of color issues ... unless we made the uke in #1 black and white? Either way - I like Maze's suggestion - because it REALLY is too hard to decide 8)

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Hehe:)

I say we go for one or the other though. But I do see why it's hard to decide , I like them both too, and I'm kind of happy I don't have a vote :lol:

However, I do think the uke is prominent enough in #3, and the orchestra being IMAGINARY makes it perfectly fine to have a mermaid with pink hair in the logo. I know that we are also international (even if that does not figure in the name) but I don't think any of us have pink hair or fish tails, so it's not like she represents some of us more than others IMO. Heck, mermaids can't even live up here in the Arctic waters outside my country. They'd freeze to death :lol:

Maze
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Maze » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:21 am

biscuit wrote: I say we go for one or the other though. But I do see why it's hard to decide , I like them both too, and I'm kind of happy I don't have a vote :lol:
However, I do think the uke is prominent enough in #3, and the orchestra being IMAGINARY makes it perfectly fine to have a mermaid with pink hair in the logo. I know that we are also international (even if that does not figure in the name) but I don't think any of us have pink hair or fish tails, so it's not like she represents some of us more than others IMO. Heck, mermaids can't even live up here in the Arctic waters outside my country. They'd freeze to death :lol:

:doh:
Whoops! I thought I = “international” or “inclusive”. Now that you confirm, biscuit, that “I = Imaginary”, then I see how this mermaid represents an imaginary ideal of beauty for some. Since you’re never going to be able to please everyone, a majority vote's the best way to go. I love a good race and it seems like this one could have a picture finish.

I’ve already cast my vote for #1, but what I think would be really EXCEPTIONAL is to VOTE FOR CHANGE…produce a collaborative piece that reflects the strengths of the best. Yeah, I’m a dreamer, partly because I'm quite passionate about exercising my right to vote for something important. :P

Why vote for change? Hmm... let's take a look at some of the best samples out there. Take, the WIUO's artwork :
wiou1.jpg
wiuo2.jpg

What I like a lot about their art is that it’s cheery, it’s bright, and it welcomes everybody. Who knew that black crows (or whatever kind of birds they are) could be such an awesome token of goodwill & unity?

The other main thing I like about the WIOU artwork is its truth in advertising. It’s all about the ukulele. That why I think #1 is the best of the finalists. In #3 – the next most eye-catching one imo – the ukulele is not at all prominent. What’s most prominent is the sea creature, cute as she is. With only an acronym in this logo, I’d have no idea what it was promoting, if I didn’t know better. It’s too bad there can’t be a little more flexibility in producing the winning piece. I think that’s part of why this is so hard – each has its own artistic merits. Thus, a blend of the best elements would be the ideal.

So, that’s my campaign message (for change) & thanks for hearing me out. :D

voteForChangeLogo.T.Slater.jpg
:supz:

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:01 am

Aw Maze. I wish you would have entered a logo. I like your thought process. Personally I really love the idea of the mermaid. She subtley reflects our origins with the Conchords. I believe that the song Mermaids may be the only time we see Bret play the uke in the Series, and it is perfect for the "Imaginary" part of our name, which is hilarious. Plus we are all really sexy and lure men to their deaths.

I went back and forth on whether we should actually spell out our name, but I figure peeps will have to ask or come up with another explanation for staring at our chests, right? :lol:

So we're campaigning, huh?

Disclaimer: I love and adore #1 too, but we are being publicly forced to choose. :nails: And that mermaid is off the flipping charts in adorableness.
Image..Image..Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:15 am

I know, nonch! Aw biscuit can we have both pretty please? :eyelashes: Nothing wrong with a bit of variety so people can choose which they like best right?

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:25 am

I'd buy both. :D

Biscuit, why don't you get a vote? You started all this, shouldn't you have a say in the shirt design? Maybe you could be the last vote if you're worried about influencing people.
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:33 am

Oh Jemaine, loves #3 too.

The back is quite nice too.

Image..Image..Image

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:48 am

Haha! To make it worse, Nonch, you don't have a vote either :shock: I orginally decided that you, me and Funny don't get a vote because we designed the logos :wink:

I like your campaign a lot though! :lol:

Maze: I'm amazed how strongly you feel about this :D

If Funny does not mind we could talk about using aspects from both designs.

Return to “Off topic rambles”