Can I have a rant with a side of BITTER, please?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:08 am

Amaria wrote:Yes, I agree Andria. Professors who assign tests after Spring Break suck acorns and deserve the ninth level of hell.

Also, girls? You know how like, finding the perfect pair of pants is the hardest thing ever? Where it fits perfectly everywhere, and it's pretty and shiny and just the right shade of whatever colour you like and they're a good price and all that? I found the perfect pair, and then I SAT ON GUM.

People who stick gum on benches, poles, et cetera also deserve the ninth level of hell. They deserve to perpetually implode over and over and be like, plagued with visions of a naked Kevin Federline.

Arg. So anyone know any tricks to get it out? The material is sort of courdoroy-like, so it's stuck in the grooves and WOE. MY LIFE IS FULL OF WOE.

Yes, ninth level of hell, indeed. No more no more no more...

That sucks majorly! It is impossible to find a perfect pair of pants and then...GUM?! Cursed miscreants and their sticky brightly colored chewing tar!

The only thing I can think of is peanut butter. I agree with JP (Ahhhhhhh, nooooooo!!!). Worth a try?
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:43 am

Andria wrote:The only thing I can think of is peanut butter. I agree with JP (Ahhhhhhh, nooooooo!!!).

Bwhahahahahaha It is has begun :twisted:

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:19 pm

Amaria wrote:Yes, I agree Andria. Professors who assign tests after Spring Break suck acorns and deserve the ninth level of hell.

Also, girls? You know how like, finding the perfect pair of pants is the hardest thing ever? Where it fits perfectly everywhere, and it's pretty and shiny and just the right shade of whatever colour you like and they're a good price and all that? I found the perfect pair, and then I SAT ON GUM.

People who stick gum on benches, poles, et cetera also deserve the ninth level of hell. They deserve to perpetually implode over and over and be like, plagued with visions of a naked Kevin Federline.

Arg. So anyone know any tricks to get it out? The material is sort of courdoroy-like, so it's stuck in the grooves and WOE. MY LIFE IS FULL OF WOE.

Ok, I'm sorry but........... :rolls: :roll2: :rotfl: :rolls:

I just spit my coffee on myself!! Thanks Amaria!! :lol: :lol:

I totally understand where you are coming from, and it absolutely sucks, but it's really funny too=-))

Anyway - Take a towel (white and clean so nothing gets on the pants), get it just a tiny tiny bit wet, lay it over the pants and pat an iron on them. The heat from the iron will pull the gum off of the pants and stick it on the towel. This works for things like wax on carpets as well......
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:36 pm

jm513 wrote:Anyway - Take a towel (white and clean so nothing gets on the pants), get it just a tiny tiny bit wet, lay it over the pants and pat an iron on them. The heat from the iron will pull the gum off of the pants and stick it on the towel. This works for things like wax on carpets as well......

Wow! That's amazing, Jess. I never would have thought of such a thing. I'll have to keep that in mind (for when I sit on gum - 'cause it WILL HAPPEN.) :D
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:33 pm

I can occasionally be good for something 8)

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:06 pm

jm513 wrote:I can occasionally be good for something 8)

THUD

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:27 am

jm513 wrote:

Ok, I'm sorry but........... :rolls: :roll2: :rotfl: :rolls:

I just spit my coffee on myself!! Thanks Amaria!! :lol: :lol:

I totally understand where you are coming from, and it absolutely sucks, but it's really funny too=-))

Anyway - Take a towel (white and clean so nothing gets on the pants), get it just a tiny tiny bit wet, lay it over the pants and pat an iron on them. The heat from the iron will pull the gum off of the pants and stick it on the towel. This works for things like wax on carpets as well......

Yes, that is a good trick - it also works with paper bags instead of a towel. The usual grocery store type will do. :D
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:20 pm

I KNEW there was a reason I liked this place. Thanks everyone for the tips (although I stayed clear of peanut butter after seeing the Simpsons episode where Lisa ended up having all sorts of condiments on her head and was chased by bees). Jess, thank you especially for the tip! Although it seems like you're ruining one garment for the other :rolls: I would definitely take the pants over the towel though, so no worries. I actually already froze the pants then scraped off most of it, so I'll just go ahead and try your method to get the small remaining bits. :D

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:07 pm

Frozen pants!! There's an idea!!!! :lol:

And JP................ :hammer: .............. :wink:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:12 pm

jm513 wrote:Frozen pants!! There's an idea!!!! :lol:

And JP................ :hammer: .............. :wink:
:dunno:

EvilMoose
Half a shapely halibut

Postby EvilMoose » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:26 pm

Okay, I'm a little upset right now. There seems to be a difference in programming on the Discovery Channel between the US and the UK. There are now two shows that I very much wanted to see but alas they won't be shown here. First there was Mongrel Nation hosted by Eddie Izzard and now Warrior Women hosted by Lucy Lawless (I know, I know it's Xena. I have an affinity for Kiwis, what can I say. At least it's not TJ Hooker. )

You would think they would release them on DVD but nooooooo. They are doing this to torture me I know it. Dang you Discovery Channel! :thump:
To me religion seems like a bunch of people talking to their imaginary friend. - Dylan Moran

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:39 pm

Moose, *cough*bittorrent?*cough*

I would like to rant for just a brief moment about the fact that I can't sleep solidly through the night these days and the fact that the scale has moved in the wrong direction the past few days for no sane reason. So now I'm feeling quite grumpy today.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:59 pm

I can relate with the scale problem, Jones. :x All I can say is, eh? What? How'd that happen? And some other less polite things.
Sorry to hear about the sleeping. :( They may be related. Lack of a proper nights sleep can effect weight. I know, that's really helpful, right?

Here, I'll lend you some of my :zzz:

EvilMoose
Half a shapely halibut

Postby EvilMoose » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:59 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Moose, *cough*bittorrent?*cough*

I would like to rant for just a brief moment about the fact that I can't sleep solidly through the night these days and the fact that the scale has moved in the wrong direction the past few days for no sane reason. So now I'm feeling quite grumpy today.

*cough*Thanks, Jonesy*cough* :D

No luck though.

And I hope you a feeling better today. :goodman:
To me religion seems like a bunch of people talking to their imaginary friend. - Dylan Moran

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:00 pm

Thanks Moosey. Sorry you didn't have any luck finding the programs.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Return to “Off topic rambles”