Can I have a rant with a side of BITTER, please?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:20 am

beck wrote:But I'm also kinda cacking my pants about it too... :|

So where would that be on the playing hard to get scale?

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Mon May 01, 2006 3:08 am

Ah yes. This seems like a very similar situation to one many of us here in this lovely WTF space face on a regualr basis. We love Bret and Jemaine. They are in NZ. We are in the US. Issues......... :?
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Mon May 01, 2006 3:09 am

I meant to ask! Beck, what is "cacking my pants"? That is a new one for me.

Good luck with your guys troubles! Enjoy them now. Soon enough you'll be married and pregnant and tired and snappy and wonder how you got here......... :wink:

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Mon May 01, 2006 6:26 am

Ah, to cack ones pants would be to void the bowels into them. In other words, I'm crapping my pants.

That was introduced to me by my English teacher when he described a paint colour as 'cack coloured'.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon May 01, 2006 7:46 am

I thought I smelt something

_pip_pop_
New arrival

Postby _pip_pop_ » Mon May 01, 2006 9:33 am

Eew.

:P

beck

Postby beck » Thu May 04, 2006 5:20 am

I know. Yum aye.

Ya know what really grinds my gears? Straight-leg jeans. Especially straight-leg jeans tucked into flat, round-toed boots. Gah, it's rife here at the moment. There are only 2 groups of people that suit these types of jeans. The first one being males, usually emo males, the second being girls who are shaped like boys. Seriously, you can't have hips, thighs, or even calves to fit into these things. And the boots thing. No, you are not going to ride a horse or compete in the equestrian part of the olympics. They make your legs look short.

Sorry to anyone who actually wears this stuff who posts here. I'm just bitter because everyone here has to follow a trend. No one can just be themselves. Damn them!
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Thu May 04, 2006 5:27 am

I COMPLETELY agree! Straight leg jeans don't seem to flatter anyone.

I'm sick of people wearing things just because everyone else is. They don't look any better. That's why mufti days at my school are so much fun - showing the sheep that there is life outside miniskirts :lol:
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 04, 2006 2:47 pm

Oh, I'm so glad to see someone young saying that. It's really not a flattering look at all. Meanwhile, I'm looking for pants the complete opposite of that style. I want trouser-style jeans. No tapering anywhere! I hope this boho/80s retro fashion thing goes away soon. It's the complete opposite of my own personal style and the opposite of what actually looks good on me. It's hard enough buying clothes as it is!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu May 04, 2006 5:23 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Oh, I'm so glad to see someone young saying that. It's really not a flattering look at all. Meanwhile, I'm looking for pants the complete opposite of that style. I want trouser-style jeans. No tapering anywhere! I hope this boho/80s retro fashion thing goes away soon. It's the complete opposite of my own personal style and the opposite of what actually looks good on me. It's hard enough buying clothes as it is!

I wear bootcut. Varying degrees of bootcut, but they are usually always a great fit. I have seen various female forms attempting to wear skinny legged jeans and 99.9% of them should wear a sign saying *I'm with stupid* and have the arrow pointing up to their own face. I mean really :shock: as if they look good on anyone who is not skeletal. And we all know thats not a desirable way to be and far from healthy (unless you are really truly one of the few women on the planet who are made that way and can eat a tonne and never gain an ounce!) When will fashion designers get over their own egos and make clothes for real women. And practical ones at that. Give me well cut, classic clothes I can wear day in day out, year in year out. I want something I can pull out of my wardrobe next season and not feel like I am out of the loop. Actually, most of my clothes are of that variety, as fashion passes me by.

But yeah skinny legged jeans = :roll:

*gets off soapbox*

:sofa:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 04, 2006 5:40 pm

Give me well cut, classic clothes I can wear day in day out, year in year out. I want something I can pull out of my wardrobe next season and not feel like I am out of the loop. Actually, most of my clothes are of that variety, as fashion passes me by.

Exactly! More and more over the years, I've been buying fairly classic pieces, even if it's just a simple tank top, that I can wear year after year. I don't want to have to replace my wardrobe every six months, because for one thing, I can't afford it. For another, it's just wasteful.

As for bootcut jeans, that's generally what I've bought in the past, although they still seem to taper in slightly at the knee, which just emphasizes my thighs -- something I try hard not to do. Thus my upcoming search for more trouser-like jeans.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Thu May 04, 2006 5:52 pm

indigo_jones wrote:
Give me well cut, classic clothes I can wear day in day out, year in year out. I want something I can pull out of my wardrobe next season and not feel like I am out of the loop. Actually, most of my clothes are of that variety, as fashion passes me by.

Exactly! More and more over the years, I've been buying fairly classic pieces, even if it's just a simple tank top, that I can wear year after year. I don't want to have to replace my wardrobe every six months, because for one thing, I can't afford it. For another, it's just wasteful.

As for bootcut jeans, that's generally what I've bought in the past, although they still seem to taper in slightly at the knee, which just emphasizes my thighs -- something I try hard not to do. Thus my upcoming search for more trouser-like jeans.

I totally agree with this. I AM built like a skeleton these days, and I still prefer regular or boot-cut jeans, classic sweaters and sweatshirts, baggy T's, and other stuff I can wear year in and year out until they wear out. And casual is my preference, for sure.

Comfortable, casual, and classic.... that's the way to go, ladies!

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:53 pm

Sherry wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:Oh, I'm so glad to see someone young saying that. It's really not a flattering look at all. Meanwhile, I'm looking for pants the complete opposite of that style. I want trouser-style jeans. No tapering anywhere! I hope this boho/80s retro fashion thing goes away soon. It's the complete opposite of my own personal style and the opposite of what actually looks good on me. It's hard enough buying clothes as it is!

I wear bootcut. Varying degrees of bootcut, but they are usually always a great fit. I have seen various female forms attempting to wear skinny legged jeans and 99.9% of them should wear a sign saying *I'm with stupid* and have the arrow pointing up to their own face. I mean really :shock: as if they look good on anyone who is not skeletal. And we all know thats not a desirable way to be and far from healthy (unless you are really truly one of the few women on the planet who are made that way and can eat a tonne and never gain an ounce!) When will fashion designers get over their own egos and make clothes for real women. And practical ones at that. Give me well cut, classic clothes I can wear day in day out, year in year out. I want something I can pull out of my wardrobe next season and not feel like I am out of the loop. Actually, most of my clothes are of that variety, as fashion passes me by.

But yeah skinny legged jeans = :roll:

*gets off soapbox*

:sofa:

Sherry, I just laughed so hard at this that I really really did spit all over my computer!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: *I'm with Stupid*........too too funny!!

Does anyone ever watch "What Not to Wear?" they have a version on TLC and a version on BBC America (what it is here at least). This is a fabulous show!!!!!!!! I find myself sitting at work going "She needs to watch WNTW, he needs to watch WNTW....etc". One of the things they always say though is not to dress with the trend, but dress for your body. I don't understand how people DON'T do this!? I know these people have mirrors!! They just can't possibly think they look good!!:shock: I just don't get it.........

Indy, Liz Claiborne has some awesome trouser fit jeans.........

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 04, 2006 6:57 pm

Thanks for the Liz tip, Jess. I do watch WNTW, which is why I know someone makes jeans like that. I just wasn't sure who. I'm going to give Ann Taylor a shot, too, as they're one of the few stores that makes pants that generally look good on me.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu May 04, 2006 9:13 pm

You ladies are what this world needs more of. No one should be a slave to fashion regardless of their body type. I was talking with Michelle while we were in Vegas people watching. We were first playing "Spot the foreigner" (black socks and sandles is usually a pretty good clue on that one) I next noticed. What is the fascination with ladies of all shapes, sizes and ages feeling the need to expose the belly ? :? Thing is as you watch a lot of them they are constantly tugging and pulling their shirt down. That fish hook is getting bigger and bigger as each day goes by. You ladies must stand strong and defiant !!!!! Screw the "fashion" man !!!

Return to “Off topic rambles”