Can I have a rant with a side of BITTER, please?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu May 04, 2006 9:31 pm

OMG! The stomach thing!! That look of crazy low low waist pants and short shirts works on maybe .000009% of the population, but everyone wants to wear it! I have seen girls who are very thin try and wear this - but if you have any and I mean ANYYYYYY extra anything around your waist - even if it is not noticeable under normal circumstances - as soon as you put this combination on you have a spare tire. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THIS LOOKS GOOD!!??? :shock:
However, it really bothers me on a differnet level when I see women "my age" (like I'm that old, but whatever) trying to wear this. 30 is not 18. 40 is not 18. It is tiiiiimmmmmeeeeeee to leeeeeeeetttttt gooooooooooo.......

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for "love your body no matter what" - but dressing in such an unflattering way is not loving your body - it is trying to make your body into something it isn't.

Ok - I'm going to stop. I can really rant about this one.......
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu May 04, 2006 9:32 pm

Johnnyp wrote: What is the fascination with ladies of all shapes, sizes and ages feeling the need to expose the belly ? :? Thing is as you watch a lot of them they are constantly tugging and pulling their shirt down. That fish hook is getting bigger and bigger as each day goes by. You ladies must stand strong and defiant !!!!! Screw the "fashion" man !!!

O crikey! Thats one of those awful trends. It seems no matter how big the stomach, its allowed to hang out on display.

:cross: PUT IT AWAY! For the love of all that is decent! AWAY! :cross:

Really, its not attractive. Its not appealing. And its certainly does *nothing* for the majority of women sporting the look. Admittedly some women can get away with it, but any sane woman with a 'tummy' really should think twice about letting it all hang out. Especially if she has kids in tow. I walk around with my jaw on the floor here at the amount of women who seem determind to squeeze themselves into their pre baby size jeans. Or the ones who just seem to wish they were 2 sizes smaller anyways. Hipster jeans are not cool unless worn with the appropriate top. And something that reaches level with ones bellybutton is far from appropriate :shock:

Combine the above with builders bum at the rear (with a cunningly placed tattoo peeking over the top of said jeans :que: ) and you can imagine the horror I am experiencing here when venturing into town. Lucky for me, I don't feel inferior for covering up. I feel liberated. Knowing no one is going to be thinking what I am thinking about others :lol: Its cruel maybe, but really, since when did looking good involve looking like a arse (in the literal sense)

I'd rather I look like crap in public with my body clothed than attempt the crap look and let it all hang out :shock:

Ummmm :sofa:

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:27 pm

I hear ya sista!!! :lol: :lol:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri May 05, 2006 12:34 am

Thank you ladies. Class and confidence. So so attractive.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri May 05, 2006 3:18 am

Right on people. Being around a college campus emphasizes the horrid fashion trends. I'm constantly amazed at what some people wear. :shock: I cannot fathom it.
I do like some of the boho styles. But then, I've always preferred brown to black and more earthly looks to classic. :dunno:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Sun May 07, 2006 8:05 pm

Well, I have to point out how freaking difficult it is to find a decent pair of just regular comfortable relaxed-fit jeans out there. If I find a pair of jeans in my size that are *not* flares, I latch onto them like a rabid dog, and it can get pretty ugly if there are other rabid dogs around. So sometimes it is completely the fault of the industry for not making alternative garments for alternative body shapes. Harumph.

And I would also like to say I would never, ever wear anything the American hosts of WNTW wear in their show. How can 2 people with such supposedly good taste in clothing always look so incredibly stupid themselves?
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:09 pm

*lol* AT least the guy they have now is better than the long haired one they originally had.........yikes!!!!!

I see your point - but they do give great style advice........ :lol:

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Tue May 09, 2006 2:27 am

Ok, so I accepted a full time position with my company (after freelancing for almost a year) - some of you already know this. So, this last week was my first official week. Between 5:00 Friday evening and Sunday evening - I worked 20 hours.

20 HOURS OVER MY WEEKEND

So tonight - the freelancer we have helping decided that he was tired and didn't want to finish a project that was due today. I have not looked at this project - I had absolutely no idea what was going on with it and he calls me at 7 oclock to say he isn't finishing it. So, guess what I get to do?

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH IT.

I am not selling my soul for a guaranteed paycheck. I have a family. I'm not in a position to get totally stressed out right now. I am really about to flip out.......

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Tue May 09, 2006 2:36 am

jm513 wrote:Ok, so I accepted a full time position with my company (after freelancing for almost a year) - some of you already know this. So, this last week was my first official week. Between 5:00 Friday evening and Sunday evening - I worked 20 hours.

20 HOURS OVER MY WEEKEND

So tonight - the freelancer we have helping decided that he was tired and didn't want to finish a project that was due today. I have not looked at this project - I had absolutely no idea what was going on with it and he calls me at 7 oclock to say he isn't finishing it. So, guess what I get to do?

I am not selling my soul for a guaranteed paycheck. I have a family. I'm not in a position to get totally stressed out right now. I am really about to flip out.......

Come on sell out like Neil Finn does.

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Tue May 09, 2006 2:41 am

One of the guys I work with was listening to NF today at work - it made me grin :lol: I don't hear too much about him outside of here and it was a bright spot in my otherwise blaaaahhhhhhhh day....

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Tue May 09, 2006 2:51 am

jm513 wrote:One of the guys I work with was listening to NF today at work - it made me grin :lol: I don't hear too much about him outside of here and it was a bright spot in my otherwise blaaaahhhhhhhh day....

He must be one of the more intelligent people that you work with.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 10, 2006 9:57 pm

jm513 wrote:Ok, so I accepted a full time position with my company (after freelancing for almost a year) - some of you already know this. So, this last week was my first official week. Between 5:00 Friday evening and Sunday evening - I worked 20 hours.

20 HOURS OVER MY WEEKEND

Arghhhh! :witsend: I had typed up a reply to your post and then the compy went wonky :waiting: And so its lost. And I am too tired to type a whole long thing out again. Sorry, my bad. But blimey, thats so crappy for you. I do feel for you stuck with that sort of thing. Here is hoping you made it through ok :hug: Let us know, we are waiting patiently for your return from the madness :popcorn:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed May 10, 2006 10:27 pm

Jess, that truly sucks. It's one thing to put in extra hours if it's your own business or you're getting paid hourly, but when you're paid salary, it's just not fair. I hope the situation improves soon and this doesn't become a regular occurence.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:22 am

Thanks guys :lol:

You know what really killed me? The guy we have freelancing really wants a full time position. When he called me Monday he told me that he was tired and since he had never used this program we have to use now that he didn't want to mess up. When I mentioned that I had never used it either - we were both trained together last week - he said "Yeah, but you already have a job, I'm trying to get one".........what kind of moron thinks that not completing a project and dumping it onto someone else at the 13th hour is a way to ge a job!!????? AGH! The problem here is that he is not looking at me as his boss. He is looking at my boss - but my boss doesn't want anything to do with any of it (long story - he's pretty much a non-existent boss, VP of another dept. and just got stuck with interactive). My boss totally has my back though, which is nice. He just asked me to make sure that this guy understands that I am his manager and if I don't want to work with him he doesn't have a job - period. He asked if I wanted to send him out the door right now but I said that no, we can see how everything goes. So, this guy and I had a long talk today and I think things will be ok - hopefully....

As far as the crazy hours go - I had many talks with many people about this one and we are going to straighten out this clusterf*ck of a mess. The company just doesn't understand what the interactive department, which is me (another problem in itself), does and it makes a huge mess. So, over the next month I get to train people and overhaul the process and hopefully get it running smoothly - or at least better than it is now. I made it very clear that I will happily go back to freelancing if this sort of thing continues...

Agh.....rambling rambling :lol:

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Thu May 11, 2006 1:33 am

You tell them, Jess! :suckers:

Return to “Off topic rambles”