Can I have a rant with a side of BITTER, please?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu May 11, 2006 2:04 am

I'll :thump: em all into understanding :lol: :lol:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu May 11, 2006 2:48 am

Freelancing. Sounds like a protest statement in Michigan.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu May 11, 2006 1:20 pm

Johnnyp wrote:Freelancing. Sounds like a protest statement in Michigan.

Sounds to me like you have a slightly worrying boil that needs treatment :lol:

Erm

:sofa:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 11, 2006 2:07 pm

As far as the crazy hours go - I had many talks with many people about this one and we are going to straighten out this clusterf*ck of a mess. The company just doesn't understand what the interactive department, which is me (another problem in itself), does and it makes a huge mess. So, over the next month I get to train people and overhaul the process and hopefully get it running smoothly - or at least better than it is now. I made it very clear that I will happily go back to freelancing if this sort of thing continues...

I'm glad you did talk to them and tell them what was happening. When that kind of stuff happens on a regular basis, it means you're understaffed. I'm just glad they're willing to get more people involved. I hope it all goes more smoothly now. And that freelancer better get in line fast! :twisted:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu May 11, 2006 6:39 pm

=-) Oh - we're totally uderstaffed! But they aren't really willing to actually hire more people until they know the work load will be steady. I don't quite understand this - all you have to do is look at the interactive budgets of our clients for this year and know that will happen. Just Ford alone has more than quadrupled their budget fom last year - and next year's budget for them is going to be astronnomical! Anyway - they are at least willing to bring in more freelancers if needed.
I'll get it all sorted out. I'm actually looking forward to that! And, if it comes down to them just not being willing to work with me on this - the job is not worth it. I'm going to be spending the next month doing some crazy tracking of time and projects and when that is done Iget to make all kinds of cool charts - people seem to understand charts - and we'll go from there.

Ok, so thanks everyone for listening to me kvetch! I'll stop now!=-)) Someone else can take over the rant thread! :lol:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu May 11, 2006 7:20 pm

I don't suppose this really counts as a rant, but I wanted to add these cool "brushes" to use in Photoshop, but my Photoshop knowledge is limited and my particular version of Photoshop won't let me add them easily. So I'm trying to figure out the "layers" thing and it's not making sense. So all I have to say to it all is ppttttttttthhhhhhhhhbbbbbbbttttt! :P

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Fri May 12, 2006 2:14 am

indigo_jones wrote:I don't suppose this really counts as a rant, but I wanted to add these cool "brushes" to use in Photoshop, but my Photoshop knowledge is limited and my particular version of Photoshop won't let me add them easily. So I'm trying to figure out the "layers" thing and it's not making sense. So all I have to say to it all is ppttttttttthhhhhhhhhbbbbbbbttttt! :P

OOOhh!!! what cool brushes!! I'm going to try downloading them. If I can get it to work I'll let you know what I did - but it probably won't be before this weekend.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri May 12, 2006 2:19 am

They are gorgeous, aren't they. I found out about them through dooce.com (a hiliarous, interesting blog). She used them for one of her headers. I think if I sit down and work on it a little, I might be able to figure out the layer thing, but being totally self-taught on Photoshop, it means it will take me more time than I'm sometimes willing to put into it. :wink: I hope it goes easy for you, at least!

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Fri May 12, 2006 2:34 am

They are very very cool! I'll let you know whatever I come up with. If I can't figure out something, someone I work with can - I'm sure. Since I basically live in front of PS, I would be very upset with myself if I couldn't wrangle some way for it to work :roll: that would be me though......

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri May 26, 2006 1:16 pm

I hate LA. Why? Because it's so far away from NY and it's where the guys will be going to The Phoenix Foundation shows. Even though all the WTF!-ers are going to be in NY.

LA is just so ... well, LA. NY is much cooler! I'm sure NY would be better for writing inspiration and all that. :wink:

So close and yet so far. :cry:

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:20 pm

are you serious!! They're going to be in LA again? When? Are they going to do any shows, or just going to support TPF? How did I miss this information?........I've been quite remiss as far as visiting my little brother in LA........hhhmmmmmmm.....

ok, so in reality, not likely. But who knows?? :lol:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri May 26, 2006 8:00 pm

Luke Buda (one of the guys in TPF) posted their show dates in the guys comment section on MySpace (per their suggestion) and he said something about "meet FotC at the LA shows". They're not performing, just going to be there watching the show. I assume they'll be in LA for work on the HBO show or something, as Sherry seemed to be hinting.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri May 26, 2006 9:36 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Luke Buda (one of the guys in TPF) posted their show dates in the guys comment section on MySpace (per their suggestion) and he said something about "meet FotC at the LA shows". They're not performing, just going to be there watching the show. I assume they'll be in LA for work on the HBO show or something, as Sherry seemed to be hinting.

Hehehe moi hint? :P

Ms Jones may be on to something there 8)

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri May 26, 2006 11:06 pm

:( Not coming to NY? *sob* Teasers, they are.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sun May 28, 2006 5:16 pm

Ah, oh well. I was hoping to at least get my brother to a show if nothing else. But that's cool that they're working on the HBO show! Have I mentioned just how happy I am that they are doing something with HBO and not one of the other networks? We got rid of HBO a few months ago, but we're getting it back again when we move - just for their show! I should email HBO and tell them that - they are getting business soley because of FOTC....

Return to “Off topic rambles”