Eddie Izzard

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Eddie Izzard

Postby ItsAllRyche » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:00 am

I just opened this email and am so dissappointed that I am unable to attend.

Anyone going? I love Eddie Izzard and am planning to see him in January, but this was too soon.

Believe

Director : Sarah Townsend
Cast : Eddie Izzard

Laemmle's Sunset 5 theatres
Sunset Blvd

Coming Soon to
Open Date
Limited Engagement, One Week Only! (what's this?)
SUNSET 5 10.09.09

Believe
102 Minutes | Not Rated
Color | HD Cam Tape

Watch the Trailer
Visit Official Website
Distributor: Ella Communications

Actor-comedian Eddie Izzard will participate in Q&A’s at the Sunset 5 after the 10 o’clock screening on Thursday, October 8 and after the 7:10 and 10 o’clock screenings on Friday, October 9th.

Film Summary
'Believe' chronicles comedian Eddie Izzard’s rise to fame from his early influences - losing his mother to cancer at a young age before being sent with his brother to boarding school to his close present day relationship with his supportive father.

At school, when he saw what getting into the Cambridge Footlights Revue could do for your career his goal became to follow Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry and Emma Thompson and try for a place at the University. When that didn't work out he headed to the Edinburgh Festival, equipped with nothing but a unicycle and some banter, eventually figuring out how to draw a crowd. He's been working hard at it ever since.

'Believe' is the mantra of Eddie Izzard: if you want to be a singer, you've got to believe you can sing, if you want to be a comedian you've got to believe you can be funny. Eddie believes in Eddie and it was this rock solid self-belief that allowed him to perform onstage as a transvestite when it was considered career suicide. When his highly successful West End show, Dressed To Kill won critical acclaim he had only himself to thank for booking the theatre.

Director Sarah Townsend skilfully combines home video, stills and archival footage in this intimate and edgy portrait of the performer. (Courtesy of the Raindance Film Festival)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Re: Eddie Izzard

Postby Faith » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:37 am

I wish I could go. I love Eddie Izzard.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:49 am

I'm hoping they'll show it here in Europe. I'd love to see it.

Maybe they'll show it in Amsterdam next month while he's here to do his show. WHICH I'M GOING TO!!!!!!

I've been wanting to see him for years, but for whatever reason, I've not been able to even remotely make it to any of his shows (probably mostly because he wasn't coming anywhere near where I lived at the time). When I found out he was doing a show here, I was over the moon! Best of all, it's the day after my boyfriend's birthday, so it's sort of like a great belated birthday present for him, since he's a big fan as well. We talked some friends here into buying tickets before they'd ever seen any of his performances. Then we invited them over for dinner and a viewing party of Dressed to Kill. I don't think they'll be trying to sell their tickets on Marktplaats now. ;)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:31 pm

That sounds AWESOME. And Eddie is going to BE THERE to do a Q and A. RAD!!!! I think that you need to cancel whatever else it is you have going on and head down to the Laemmle's Sunset. (Side note, I heard they closed the Virgin Megastore right there)

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:31 am

Emafer wrote:That sounds AWESOME. And Eddie is going to BE THERE to do a Q and A. RAD!!!! I think that you need to cancel whatever else it is you have going on and head down to the Laemmle's Sunset. (Side note, I heard they closed the Virgin Megastore right there)

They've closed several Virgin Megastores in the area. In fact, I think it's been reported that all of the US retail locations have closed.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/shopping_blog/2009/03/virgin-megastor.html
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:06 am

vmh wrote:
Emafer wrote:That sounds AWESOME. And Eddie is going to BE THERE to do a Q and A. RAD!!!! I think that you need to cancel whatever else it is you have going on and head down to the Laemmle's Sunset. (Side note, I heard they closed the Virgin Megastore right there)

They've closed several Virgin Megastores in the area. In fact, I think it's been reported that all of the US retail locations have closed.

Oh my. When I was a teen it was THE place to go hang out and find out about new music. This was kind of before the Internet and listening to stuff online. And I've seen dozens of movies at Laemmle's Sunset. They used to play Mike and Spike's Sick and Twisted there.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:16 am

Emafer wrote:
vmh wrote:

Oh my. When I was a teen it was THE place to go hang out and find out about new music. This was kind of before the Internet and listening to stuff online. And I've seen dozens of movies at Laemmle's Sunset. They used to play Mike and Spike's Sick and Twisted there.

It seems that the only place left in LA to buy music are independent record stores or Amoeba. A lot of chains are long gone. Tower Records went out of business. The Wherehouse closed a long time ago. Borders Books in my town even removed their CD section. If any of the Amoeba locations ever closed, I would cry. But I probably don't have anything to worry about. :wink: I've never been big on the whole mp3 revolution thing that's been going on.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:11 am

I heard that a lot of the independent record stores closed too. Aaron's was one of them I think.

OK, but back on topic. You should SOOOO go ask Eddie Izzard hilarious questions.

Return to “Off topic rambles”