What's for Dinner?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Re: What's for Dinner?

Postby DangerMouse » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:35 am

funny schipperke wrote:This thread is making me hungry! :tonqe:

I don't like to cook, nor do I really know how to make anything very exciting. And lately I've been too busy and/or tired to make anything so I've been eating out too much and making a lot of frozen pizzas. Ugh.
If you looked into my fridge, you'd think a bachelor lived here!
In fact, that's probably what I'll be having tonight... frozen pizza... and wine. :drinkers:

No bothers FS -> I usually go out for a big lunch so I am not hungry for supper 8) so I usually do not have to ever cook... and I can save my $$ for shoes :worry: After all a girl has to have her priorities; and Fluevogs are not cheap :lol:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LikeACurry » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:26 am

I was on the road most of the day but I did manage to have a big lunch and by the time I got home this evening I was too tired to cook so I just ended up making a grilled cheese sandwich :D
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:34 am

Well, my dinner didn't quite turn out as I'd hoped. The chicken salad was pretty good, but the soup never happened and our oven sort of crapped out with the gougeres in it. Wouldn't go above 265F and was smoky and smelly. Finally hubby had the bright idea of turning it on to broil and he managed to get them cooked, but not optimal (but they were still pretty darn good). Oh please don't let us have to get a new oven!!! :pray:

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:50 am

Aw, Suzy, ,that stinks. Hopefully it will be able to get fixed.
No bothers FS -> I usually go out for a big lunch so I am not hungry for supper so I usually do not have to ever cook... and I can save my $$ for shoes After all a girl has to have her priorities; and Fluevogs are not cheap

Fluevogs are lovely, someday I'll own a pair. Comfy and offbeat!

The chili turned out quite nicely. It was a hair too soupy, so I boiled it down with some jalapeno juice and coriander (to perk up the flavor - tasted too, mmm, brown). We both ate a huge bowl and had a couple of beers.

My husband, the junk food master, is now thinking of a way to combine the flavors of Frito pie and nachos. Something involving cheese, chili and corn chips. I can't wait to see what he comes up with tomorrow.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:54 am

Tonight for dinner I had a slice of pumpkin bread and now I'm contemplating a bowl of cereal. You can probably tell that I'm not big on cooking. We eat a lot of quesadillas and hot dogs at my house. A crock pot sounds pretty handy though. I've never had one before but I might have to look into it.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:22 am

4everconchordsfan wrote:Comfort food tonight, baked chicken and mac n cheese, you're all welcome to come.

I'll be over in a few. :wink:

I actually like to cook but I don't like doing a lot of prep. Specifically, I hate peeling butternut squash! And that sucks because I really like butternut squash. Maybe there are some cooks here that could give me some tips. There must be an easier way!

So most of the time, I end up just making veggie pasta and salads. I'm lazy on most nights so tonight I just had chinese takeout. I make breakfast more often. The other day I poached some pears and they turned out really yummy!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onefeathertail » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 am

Tonight I've been semi-ordered to make spaghetti bolognaise which consists of very high quantities of onion and garlic.

I won't be kissing anyone tonight. :waggle:

curlisue
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby curlisue » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:28 pm

You're all making me hungry, and its only 11.25am here! Last night we had chicken fajitas and tonight I'm making beef stew with red wine and shallots, which is about as adventurous as I get :wink: .
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:56 pm

I actually like to cook but I don't like doing a lot of prep. Specifically, I hate peeling butternut squash! And that sucks because I really like butternut squash. Maybe there are some cooks here that could give me some tips. There must be an easier way.

Roast 'em on the 1/2 shell - just cut them in half, clean out the insides and put some oil and salt on the cut surface. Put on a cookie sheet and roast in a 350 oven for 45 minutes-hour or when it's fork-tender. Scoop out and enjoy. You can also stuff them in this fashion - there are loads of great recipes.

I am bike-cheese!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:22 pm

onefeathertail wrote:Tonight I've been semi-ordered to make spaghetti bolognaise which consists of very high quantities of onion and garlic.

I won't be kissing anyone tonight. :waggle:

My boyfriend (who is actually from Bologna) would have a heart attack at your whole description. ;) First off, Italians never serve the sauce with spaghetti -- it has to be tagliatelle -- and it shouldn't be exceptionally garlicy. But then, the Italians have a ton of weird rules. I love to cook, but I won't even think about making anything that is remotely Italian, for fear of hearing some sort of horrified complaint. :lol:

If I'm still feeling up to it, tonight we're having a variation of this matar paneer dish, except we'll be having chicken instead of the paneer, because I don't know where to get paneer here.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:35 pm

I had fajitas yesterdat with the WTFIUO - I now have quite the taste for them.

Hopeing for decent Mexican on holiday....many margaritas :D

(Isn't Nov 1 celebrated in Mexico (Day of the Dead?) :hrm:
It's a psychological analogy

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Those are delicious! It is, Zebra.

Directions to make paneer - I can find some at an Indian store near me, but I keep thinking that someday I won't be in a city and I'll need to make palak paneer or go insane:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Paneer-(Indian-Cheese)

I am bike-cheese!

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Cool - I think I still have a day of the dead print dress....maybe time to drg it out of retirement!
It's a psychological analogy

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 pm

We went to Fazoli's last night, one of our favorite fast-food places. We also carved pumpkins, which led me to roasting pumpkin seeds. Mr. eejm took them to work with him this morning to share, after I begged him to get them away from me. I'm trying to take off some weight, and delicious, high-fat (the "good" fat, but still fat) roasted pumpkin seeds were NOT helping.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:46 pm

Kelly, get in your car and start driving south....I'm making homemade taco salad tonight! :lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “Off topic rambles”