This is Halloween..

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

This is Halloween..

Postby Panda..ness » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:29 am

Thought id start a halloween thread as its 31st here now!
A place to post your outfits & talk about all the funs things you might have planned!

Im sad because i dont really have much planned..i make such a good zombie! but i will probably still dress up, & possibly have a lot of drinks :D

Also this needs to be here, because of the title of the thread :D

Why did i get double stuffed?

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Re: This is Halloween..

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:39 am

Love that Panda! Funny thing is The nighmare before christmas was my oldest sons favorite movie when he was little. He used to watch it over and over and over. He still loves it. :D
ImageImageImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:46 am

Lovelovelove NBC....

"I am the one hiding under your bed
teeth ground sharp
and eyes glowing red..." :twisted:

I'm bummed because Jacob had decided not to trick or treat. :( He's on 11! But he says it's embarrassing.....

So the other day he said he'd go but no mask or makeup.

And I'm not allowed to dress up because I embarrass him...*sob*I'm 'too scary'....but I'll go along because I don't want him to stop trick or treating yet.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:52 am

Aww Im sorry Laura :( I remember that my youngest son michael did that a couple of years ago. Jason has still dressed up but last year because of band he was at a game so couldn't. Every year since the boys were babies we take them to our favorite Italian restaurant after trick or treating. But now since the boys don't do that we just go to dinner. It's a little sad but at least we have kept that going. Though my boys do love handing out candy and we usually try to watch Shawn Of The Dead. :D
ImageImageImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:55 am

I want to see your zombie costume, Panda! You should dress up anyway.

I haven't dressed up since middle school but I bought a partial costume this week. I have a white wig and some white face makeup. I was going to enter a costume contest at school because a prize of $200 was going to be awarded but I never had the chance to complete the look. Actually, after I bought the stuff at Hollywood Toys & Costumes I saw a retro dress shop next door and had a better idea to dress as a Mad Men character. But the stuff I bought was non returnable. Damn! I did do a test run with the makeup and the wig and I looked super freaky. Like japanese horror movie villain freaky.

But now I'm ditching that whole idea and instead, I'm going to be an extra in Freak Dance. I went to a show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre earlier this week and they invited the audience. So after a series of emails, I found out they're filming the scene tomorrow night and they need people to dress in street dance clothing. It sounds like it might be fun and I don't have any other plans.

http://www.mattbesser.com/
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:04 am

vmh that sounds like a lot of fun. There's a dance studio here that puts on a Thriller parade every Halloween and you can dress up like a zombie and do the Thriller dance down the street for a mile, lol. You have to sign up a month in advance and learn the dance. It's pretty fun to watch, I've never been a zombie though.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:15 am

mockingbird wrote:vmh that sounds like a lot of fun. There's a dance studio here that puts on a Thriller parade every Halloween and you can dress up like a zombie and do the Thriller dance down the street for a mile, lol. You have to sign up a month in advance and learn the dance. It's pretty fun to watch, I've never been a zombie though.

That sounds cool! Have you ever thought about signing up or do you prefer to be a spectator?

I'm not much of a dancer but I think it would be kind of cool to see what film production is like. Plus seeing everyone in costumes should be quite a sight.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:38 am

I prefer to be a spectator. ;) I know a lot of work goes into it and I don't want to commit to that.

However I have considered joining a random instrument orchestra that recently organized. I do have a ukulele, after all.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:33 am

I auditioned to be a voice in Nighmare Before Christmas. My audition was singing along with a demo tape of Danny Elfman as he sang, "This Is Halloween". I didn't get it, but when I went to see the movie, was I surprised to hear they used Danny and the demo for the actual film! The only other time I've heard of it being done was Celine Dion's demo for "My Heart Will Go On" for Titanic. (The record that was #1 was actually a demo!) So Chris Sarandon did the speaking voice of Jack, and Danny did the singing.
I was so impressed with the Nightmare Before Christmas movie, though - well-done in every way.
I hate to see Halloween go - even though I haven't dressed up in some time, it is a favorite time of year for me, and now we know the cold winds of winter are almost upon us. :cry:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:01 pm

That's an awesome story, Nancy! How did you get the audition? I'd like to hear more about it. (maybe on a different thread though...)

To be honest, I did nothing for Halloween, and I was ok with that. I was still tired from a short trip I took last week, so a night in with a movie and guacamole was enough for me. :D

Jinnerz
New arrival

Postby Jinnerz » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:32 pm

i had to work really early on the 1st, so i opted to stay home instead of going out - and i didn't get a single trick-or-treater at my door!! so disappointing.... so much candy left over...
Oh, We'd just grab a sandwich and put it in our mouths. That's the only way to have sandwiches.
Oh Jenny, tell me do you still walk? Do you still get into sandwiches in a big way?

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 pm

I just had some cape time. Can't really call it a costume if you would wear it everyday. Not that boyfriend will be seen with me that way, but still. I feel my best and most confident in a cape. So I walked around in a my favorite 1996 Tori Amos tour shirt and my dragon cape. Ah! freedom! :D
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:42 pm

That's awesome Nancy!

I continued my trend and ended up not dressing up at all. I let my sister use my wig and she went as Jem and by Jem I mean the cartoon from the '80's and not our Jem. I was actually kind of nervous going to the filming location but it was super chill. They filmed a few scenes that night in the valley so we were there for about 5-6 hours. I threw a cape in the back seat before I left home (I thought of d.tree) but I ended up not even needing it. I'm glad I wasn't the only one dressed in regular clothes. Most of our shots are either us dancing in the background or making horrified facial expressions. I don't know when it's being released on DVD but I can't wait to see it because I think it's going to be hilarious.

When we got there, we signed in and they positioned us right away. I was with my sister and she looks at me and says, "Amy Poehler is standing right in front of us!" In fact, I saw 3 of the original UCB members were there as well as a lot of current UCB performers and alumni. They were all awesome to work with. I'm thinking about taking a few improv classes there now.
Last edited by vmh on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:04 am

vmh wrote:I want to see your zombie costume, Panda! You should dress up anyway.

i did in the end! i went to a mates house for a bit with my mum haha, cos i didnt really have anything else to do.
& i was the only one wearing make up, they were all looking quite normal..
ive only got 1 pic of my make-up, & theres 4 of me (i was playing with the webcam) my mate took some pics but she hasnt sent them yet.

http://twitpic.com/ns2wp

ooh & i was supposed to be a zombie but they came before i put on the blood on my face so i just look dead.

Why did i get double stuffed?

Return to “Off topic rambles”