Christmas season challenge

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Christmas season challenge

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:11 am

Ooh! Those look nice Zwp! My feet always hurt from being on them all day. Bet those would feel good!

Bugs me: The pressure, guilt, and name calling my family resorts to try to get me to visit them during the holidays. Insulting me will bring me closer? I think not... :hrmpf:

Brightens me: The massive amount of tips I get this time of year. I'm socking it all away for a vacation! I have good feelings on the vacation front this year. I've already made what I had socked away for Atlanta last year and holiday dog rush has barely begun.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:11 am

jillbean wrote:Brightens me: PEPPERMINT MOCHAS at Starbucks. Yes, I know that you can get them year-round but now is the only time you get sprinkles on them. That makes them more special (yeah, yeah, whatever I need to tell myself :lol: )

I actually had one of these today! I usually don't like sugary coffee drinks but I couldn't resist. I think all the Christmas displays are slowly brainwashing me.

The wish I could get behind the counter sometimes and make my own drink. That's one of the few things I miss about being a barista. Starbucks employees steam the milk so it comes out flat. I like lattes with frothy, velvety goodness. I requested this once but they didn't get it right. I love Intelligentsia but they only have locations in Chicago and Silverlake. That's way too far for a cup of coffee. I used to order whole bean bags straight from the website but I've been drinking less coffee and more peppermint tea nowadays.
Last edited by vmh on Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:21 am

I was always surprised at how many people can't steam milk where it gets frothy. And I always had people get mad at me when I made a cappuccino the right way, they always wanted more milk. I was like then order a latte because that's what you want, not a cappuccino. :roll: So glad I'm not working at Starbucks during Christmas this year like I did last year.

songbird

Postby songbird » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:59 pm

LauraK wrote:

:shock:

:roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

Oh god, I just laughed too hard at that. A clear display of my maturity.
That's the first jingle cats song I'd ever heard - I laughed even harder the first time :lol:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:17 am

i was really excited for christmas a couple of weeks ago & now im not so much..not really sure why.
like last night i realised the music channels had started playing christmas songs, i sat there watching them & it felt wrong..but i think its just cos ive just had a 3 day bonfire night celebration so im feeling the wrong holiday haha.

& im worried this christmas that its gonna be a bit meh..last year it was quite fun but mum didnt have much money so it was little gifts which was ok, but then i got really bored in the day. & i saw a lot of my family on boxing day where i got very drunk & ill. didnt really feel as christmasy as when i was younger..
but im hoping to try feel better for this years..hopefully i will!

i love the build up though, i cant wait to go to the local christmas fair, last year i went & was very drunk (it was my brothers birthday party the same night & my other brother tried to get me drunk..& succeeded) so i cant wait for things like that :D

Why did i get double stuffed?

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:24 am

Good: The food and general togetherness of my family on Christmas Day :)
Bad: THE INTOLERABLE HEAT! Nothin says Christmas like havin a hot roast lunch on a 38 degree day!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Peaches wrote:Good: The food and general togetherness of my family on Christmas Day :)
Bad: THE INTOLERABLE HEAT! Nothin says Christmas like havin a hot roast lunch on a 38 degree day!

:roll2: :roll2:
It's a psychological analogy

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Good- the family, togetherness, fun, and food! And I love how my house smells, lol!

Bad- The $$$$ spent, even when we say we're cutting back.

I did do some shopping on Amazon today- good prices compared to what I'd seen in the stores and free shipping. :)

Because I was showing Jingle Cats to Jake, we saw this one. You might not want to let your pepileptic dogs watch, though.....lots of flashing-psychedelic-lights, lol! (And angry meows...)

ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:33 am

Bugs me: duking it out [sorry, "negotiating"] with co-workers on getting to use the remainder of respective vacation and personal times while still keeping the place staffed (we're a open-every-day-of-the-year place).

Brightens me: Finding gift bags and wrap that I purchased on clearance last year post-holidays. I forgot I had done so and now I do not need to buy any [at full price] this season!

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:08 am

I decorated my house already...now bear with me a moment..I am travelling for Thanksgiving this weekend through the Monday after Thanksgiving, so I really do not feel like getting back and working all that overtime and decorating and shopping etc. etc. allthewhile keeping my self perky and full of good cheer.

But I know some of you would be very proud of me. I love "The Nightmare Before Christmas". I have the entire town (all the buildings have dull spooky lighting, the working train and of course Jack as Santa...and all the characters. I even decorated a separate small tree with my "N.B.C." ornaments. Kinda creeped out the neighbors kid ha ha too funny.

Bugs: The false fakeness of it all, it will be "good will toward all men in a few weeks, then after the holidays it is back to f u Charlie" (a very good quote)

Brightens: The new movie "A Christmas Carol" in 3D. very very good. And how pretty the city looks all lit up with the decorations.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:25 am

im feeling extremely christmasy so ill vent it out here ;D

i just cant wait! i havnt felt it for a little while, but i havnt been out much really so..
im REALLY excited for the local christmas fair, & im not even sure why. its always crap but in a nice way..well cos its local! last year there were people from a local panto there, & a load of old people singing a song on this stage, some crappy kids rides on one side, & then just stalls with raffles & just selling nice things like cakes & that..but loads of people go. extremely english haha. & where its held is quite pretty too. http://www.flickr.com/photos/60475625@N00/3385856256/ (pic of it)
i think its cos this year ive fallen back in love with where i live so.. :) & i just realised i mentioned the same fair up there *points*

& i cant wait to go to london during the christmas time, i know it'll be manic but i dont care.

im also hoping i can do a christmas party this year, cos they are always fun!

i also just realised i havnt done the challenge very good..im sorry! i dont have any cons at the moment..
oooooh apart from the xfactor single being number one EVERY YEAR. we need a real number one, thats cheesy, not a pop princess that looks tarty.

Why did i get double stuffed?

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:38 am

Panda..ness wrote:im feeling extremely christmasy so ill vent it out here ;D

i just cant wait! i havnt felt it for a little while, but i havnt been out much really so..
im REALLY excited for the local christmas fair, & im not even sure why. its always crap but in a nice way..well cos its local! & i cant wait to go to london during the christmas time, i know it'll be manic but i dont care.
[color=#0000FF]Our local one is crap - one year it had Darth Vader instead of Father Christmas....random![/color]
[color=#FF00FF]I'm actually looking forward to our work Christmas party this year, as I don't hate my colleagues[/color
]!!
YEAR. we need a real number one, thats cheesy, not a pop princess that looks tarty.
[color=#BF00FF]Word!! :D :partyman:[/color]

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:44 am

ZebraWarriorPrincess wrote:
Panda..ness wrote:im feeling extremely christmasy so ill vent it out here ;D

im REALLY excited for the local christmas fair, & im not even sure why. its always crap but in a nice way..well cos its local! & i cant wait to go to london during the christmas time, i know it'll be manic but i dont care.
[color=#0000FF]Our local one is crap - one year it had Darth Vader instead of Father Christmas....random![/color]
[color=#FF00FF]I'm actually looking forward to our work Christmas party this year, as I don't hate my colleagues[/color
]!!
YEAR. we need a real number one, thats cheesy, not a pop princess that looks tarty.
[color=#BF00FF]Word!! :D :partyman:[/color]

My attempt at quoting was very poor

jillbean

Postby jillbean » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Bums me out: my nephews are getting older; now their wish lists consist of gift cards from cologne-drenched stores like American Eagle Outfitters and cash.

Brightens me: well, at least my husband still likes Legos! :lol:

Carol

Postby Carol » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:39 pm

I love pulling out all my Christmas decorations and filling my rooms with things I've collected over the years. I collect Santa Clauses and usually get tickeled when I pull one out that I've forgotten I had. I enjoy putting out my Christmas village because some of the accessory pieces were my mother's.

Bugs Me- This year I can't get up to get out my decorations or put up a tree.

Brightened Me- My daughter did put my tree skirt over a table, top it with the plant she'd brought me in the hospital and put a Christmasy snowman in front of it. That's nice to look at. Also, my niece brought me a tiny little purple aluminum tree with purple lights and a purple star atop it. :) My grand nephew went upstairs and got my wreath for the front door and put it up. All of these things made me smile! :)
Last edited by Carol on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off topic rambles”