Things I'm Thankful For

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Emafer

Things I'm Thankful For

Postby Emafer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:39 am

This last week, "the little things" have kept me alive. I thought it might be nice to start a thread where we could all post the things we are thankful for, great and small.

Today I'm thankful for my friend Shelly, she went through a divorce last year and has been an amazing support to me. I'm thankful for the clear day and the 20 minutes I took out of my day to run around with Cali in the grass and of course for Cali who makes me smile. I'm thankful for the beautiful jacket that was waiting for me at the store (it fit like a glove which NEVER happens because I'm short). I'm thankful for Maeve Binchy who writes amazing characters who handle the betrayals, divorces, traumas etc. in their lives with strength, dignity and perseverance.

helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Things I'm Thankful For

Postby helgecko » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:06 am

Wonderful thread Emafer!! :D

As for me...
Honestly, right now I couldn't even begin to cover the things that I'm grateful for in my life (but I'm gunna try!). I'm incredibly blessed.

It's been a crazy and difficult year, with my dad being diagnosed with inoperable cancer, and my relationship with my fiance ending, but it's all turned my life around and I feel like I'm now living 110% and truly being myself more than I ever have before.

Most of all I'm unutterably, immeasurably, eternally grateful to my friends and family for their incredible love and support.

I'm grateful for my dad continuing to be relatively healthy and pain free, and for every day that we have him with us (whether it's months or decades).

I'm grateful for finding a lovely home to move into when I really really needed it, and for the two wonderful friendships I've formed with my lovely housemates.

I'm grateful for my job, which is continually inspiring, enjoyable, and challenging. And I'm grateful for my manager, who I want to be when I grow up.

I'm grateful for my counsellor, who has helped me through everything, and helped me to find myself.

I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to spend 2 and a half weeks in New Zealand, which was not only amazing fun but a real turning point for me in many ways. Also very very grateful to Great H for being so incredibly lovely and welcoming to me there!! :D :heart:

And I'm grateful to FotC, the WIUO and this place and you guys for providing so many moments of much-needed delight and joy over the past year. For realz.

:heart:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 am

Holy crap, are we living parallel lives??? Except for the New Zealand part, I'd much rather spend two weeks there than in Aspen :D

And yes, I'm sooo thankful for all of you here who have been wonderful this week.

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 am

Emafer wrote:Holy crap, are we living parallel lives??? Except for the New Zealand part, I'd much rather spend two weeks there than in Aspen :D

I don't know, are we? :lol:
I'm sorry, I haven't been around all that much recently, and haven't kept up with what's going on with everyone....

Image Image Image Image

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:20 am

helgecko wrote:
Emafer wrote:Holy crap, are we living parallel lives??? Except for the New Zealand part, I'd much rather spend two weeks there than in Aspen :D

I don't know, are we? :lol:
I'm sorry, I haven't been around all that much recently, and haven't kept up with what's going on with everyone....

My dad has inoperable cancer and I'm getting a divorce.

I only pray that I get to the:
helgecko wrote:but it's all turned my life around and I feel like I'm now living 110% and truly being myself more than I ever have before.

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:42 am

Oh wow! {{hugs!!}} :(
I hope it all works out for the best for you. I'm so glad my relationship ended before we got married.

Just try to stay positive and stay strong, and try to focus on the good things and new opportunities :hug:
I can vouch that wonderful things can come from difficult circumstances.

Image Image Image Image

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:47 am

Thanks! Today I'm grateful that I never changed my last name, that I don't have a child with him, that I wasn't married 20 years and found out that he was cheating for 10 of them, that my dog doesn't have a last name so we don't have that awkward situation, and that I get to spend 2 weeks with my dad who is really healthy despite everything else and might very well live many more decades (if my mom doesn't strangle him :D:D:D )

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:55 am

I'm thankful for my family and our health.

I'm thankful for our home and the things we can provide for our son. And that while Tom's not getting any Christmas bonus, he's also still got a good job here in MI.

I'm thankful for all of you. :)

I'm thankful that even though they're both going through or have gone through some really hard stuff, Em and Hel can help each other. :hug:

I'm thankful for those 2 NZ boys and everyone we've come to 'know' because of them! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:55 am

This thread was a lovely idea Em! :)

That's spooky, you and Hel are living the same lives...just across different sides of the hemisphere!

I'm thankful for Mum, she's the best, she does everything for everyone and is a support for me whenever I need help.

I'm thankful for my boss for sticking his neck out for me and not letting head office make me redundant.

I'm thankful for my lovely online friends who've genuinely cheered me up when I needed it :)

Oh and of course, I'm grateful to FotC for making me laugh :D
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:25 am

I'm thankful to Murray for calling them the "Dad Guitar" and the "Mum Guitar" blahahahahaha laughing helps me sooooo much.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:07 pm

PG Tips
Rosemary Sourdough toast :D
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Sleeping late on a work day
My amazing boss who is totally understanding and doesn't WANT me to come in when I have a cold
My smiling doggie
My phenomenal and supportive friends who instead of running away at the sight of drama run towards me. They call and e-mail and drop by just to give me hugs. I'm so blessed. This includes my amazing friend Alexandra who has give Cali and I a place to live while all of this is going on until I get things sorted out.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:28 pm

I have lots of things to be thankful for, but my main one, every day is:

I'm not getting shot at.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Wow, things must be violent in Murrayland! :lol:

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Nah. But just being in a situation where bullets are not raining around your head is always a good one. :D
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:24 pm

(I presume you're a cop...either that or you live in some scary ghetto)

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”