Things I'm Thankful For

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: Things I'm Thankful For

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Neither, actually. Just a large, fairly quiet Midwestern city, Minneapolis, MN.

But you just never know. Some idiot might decide to do something violent on the bus, one of my co-workers might "go postal" at my job, someone might drive by our car and well...

I have a wee little phobia of getting shot, I guess. So every day I'm not shot at is automatically a good one! :lol:

*knocks on own head for good luck*

ETA: to get things back on track, I'm also thankful for my wonderful husband.

And anti-anxiety drugs. :D
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:43 am

:nice:

I'm grateful to be living in a peaceful and prosperous little corner of the planet :D

I'm grateful to be born a woman in the right place at the right time :D

I'm grateful that I have a wonderful husband who loves me :heart:

I'm grateful for my three beautiful,funny, healthy and clever children!!!

I'm grateful that I will be spending Xmas surrounded by the ones I love:)

I'm grateful that I found all you guys!!! :D
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 am

Today I went to see the new house I'm moving into. It's really cool. So I'm super thankful to have a cool new house to move into.

And this evening I had a board meeting where I had the opportunity to ask that we give our Operations Director/ Founder a year end bonus. In five years she's NEVER had one! I thought it was high time and I'm soooo glad that rest of the board agreed with me. I'm grateful that I can FINALLY give her just a tiny bit of the money she actually deserves!

I'm again grateful for my amazing friends.

My amazing mom

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:17 am

I'm thankful for so many things. But tonight I'm especially thankful for my cousin in law Jessie. Ben and I are going to visit his parents next week for Christmas and we had someone lined up to watch our dogs for us. Boarding 3 dogs the week of Christmas would cost a small fortune and I hate to think of them in cages. So anyway, our dogsitter just backed out on us today! I had a small panic attack and then thought one of us would have to stay behind to take care of them. But then I called Jessie and told her what happened and before I could even ask her to help us out she offered to do it! She saved me so much time, stress, and money and potentially saved our Christmas vacation. I love my family! Thanks Jessie!!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 am

YAY Jessie!
Last edited by Emafer on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm thankful for the seamstress for finding a fantastic new fabric to line my favorite faux fur coat BEFORE I leave for Ass-pen.

I'm thankful for my friend Joann who is a blessing to me every day that I live through all this BS.

I'm Thankful for my therapist

I'm thankful for my mom who agreed to let me bring a suitcase full of dirty clothes and wash them for me when I get there :D You'd think at 30 she'd finally draw the line but I DO cook for her :D And I've been sick all week AND working.

LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LikeACurry » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:45 am

I'm thankful for my family

I'm thankful for our health

I'm thankful for my dog

I'm thankful for my job (even if it seems like hell at times )

I'm thankful my uncle is coming home from Afghanistan next month

I'm thankful I'm spending the holidays with my brother & his family in Arizona

I'm thankful for Bret and Jemaine :prayer: , they have brought much laughter and happiness into my life.

I'm thankful for this site :wink:
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 am

Over the year my husband's friend has made a few Christmas mix CD's. He burned me copies the other day and they are SOOOO awesome. I'm FINALLY getting into the Christmas spirit. THANKS STEVE!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:49 am

YAY! Clear weather all the way from Memphis, to Denver, to Vail to Aspen. AND they didn't lose my luggage. YAY! Soooo goood to see my mom and dad.

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 am

I'm thankful for my dog even though she smells like fish and an old bag of dorritos right now. (Dog groomers dogs tend to stink once we get busy lol)

I'm thankful to be busy at work right now.

I'm thankful to be working somewhere that's very laid back even if it is in a crack neighborhood.

I'm thankful for all of you who make me smile, laugh and feel like I have a real family of sorts.

I'm thankful I've started playing around with writing. (used to write all the time as a teen, have taken it up again.)

I'm thankful for my flirty friend. His time, attention, how much he makes me laugh and how stubborn he is in his quest to see me have "self-worth".

I'm thankful for my roommate who is supremely easy going and just as messy as I am.

I'm thankful for my apartment with it's expanse of woods, creek, pond and meadow that make me feel less like I'm living in town. I'm a country girl at heart. Civilization. Meh..

Other than that... Good music, good food, good things to watch and read and a cape to wear when all else fails. :D
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:23 am

Yay for country livin :) I'm a country girl at heart too :)
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:02 pm

I'm thankful that the eclairs I sent to Biscuit arrived :D
It's a psychological analogy

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm thankful that the weather in Aspen is sunny and beautiful. I'm so thankful for my friend Kat who runs a babysitting service and was shorthanded and offered me a ton of work. I'm happy that I've been so busy babysitting today that I didn't think about my husband once until now.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:40 am

My friend Shelly who TOTALLY talked me off the ledge today. my other amazing and supportive friends and my mom.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:46 am

I hope not literally... :(
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”