Look Through Any Window (The Weather Thread)

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Re: Look Through Any Window (The Weather Thread)

Postby Peaches » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Jeez Sherry! You're the weatherwoman!

I have noticed it's been getting more humid though, not just dry heat like it used to be. Pfft, and they say climate change is a myth.
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:07 pm

It's definitely a heat wave here, a summery 35F. :roll:
It's interesting that Indy in Amsterdam is going through the same things we are here - drizzle, all the snow disappearing, no more slippery walking. :yay:

After spraining two ankles (a different ankle in consecutive winters), ice is not my favorite. :hrmpf:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:44 am

We are having some exciting weather. Exciting by our standards anyway.
We are in the middle of a 3-4 day rain. Off and on today to start, but we are expecting a whopping 3-5 inches of rain this week!!! :clap:
While that not may sound like a big deal to most, it will be more than we had in ALL of 2009. :hrm: (How crazy is that)
Also, due to cooler temps, I wore a sweatshirt all day, okay, um with capri's, but still... :rolleyes:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:15 am

It's interesting that Indy in Amsterdam is going through the same things we are here - drizzle, all the snow disappearing, no more slippery walking.

Utrecht, not Amsterdam. :tsk: :lol:

It's definitely warmed up a bit here, but it's also been very very humid and lots of fog/mist. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the sun will be making an appearance any time soon. :(
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:18 am

This morning, I heard the meteorologist on the radio say something that could explain my mood lately. It seems that since the first day of winter, we've had something like 16 hours of sun. Ugh! And it isn't even February yet! It makes me crazy, especially in winter when the days are already so short.

As it stands we're supposed to get three straight days of sun later this week. Though they've already downgraded it from four. :roll: At least temperatures have been quite mild for us, just below the freezing mark.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:39 am

Sorry, Indy, I meant Utrecht. :oops:
I guess this is our January thaw, because we actually can see the ground for the first time in a month. Yay!
Yesterday was supposedly the most depressing day of the year - what with the holidays over, winter in full swing, not much daylight, etc, not easy to feel up and happy, huh?

I'm really worried about all the rain LA and the West Coast is getting. I know they really need the rain, but after the fires burned away all the vegetation, there's nowhere for the water to go but whooshing down the canyons in mudslides. And anywhere that gets 5-8 inches of rain in a short period of time is in trouble. :shock:
ItsAllRyche, I forget, where are you located?
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:03 am

The weather in SoCal at the moment. It's been crazy here!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/34963579#34963579

That beach front property doesn't look so good now, huh? That guy is crazy for not evacuating!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 am

It was 41 today.

OH DEAR GOD.

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Peaches, is it normal to have such ridiculously hot weather for such a long while? Wow.

Vmh, I keep thinking of my daughter and you and Stray out there, dealing with the weird LA weather. I was living there when they had to constantly close off Burbank Blvd because of flooding that made the road impassable. Not fun.

And hello Mr I-won't-leave-my-house-it's-too-important-to-me... :wave: What part of evacuate don't you understand??? :witsend:

It's a balmy 40 degrees Fahrenheit here today, calm sunny - I'll take more of these days, please. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Nope :( But sadly it is becoming regular, at least for the past 2 years. I hate it. It's not even 9am and already 32 :(

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:30 am

It's 80 here today. It's crazy to think it was in the 20s not that long ago.

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:53 am

Vanessa are you staying dry? I just got back from Prescott about 3200 ft. and the snow/rain combination was scary from a driving point of view.
They got 8 inches of snow, then it turned to rainy sleet... :shock: We had to close the meeting for the day and reschedule due to fear that no flights getting out of Phoenix and some people would be stuck for a few days, and we are only getting a touch of what you were getting...a monster storm indeed!! already got 5 inches rain in two days in Phoenix... :shock:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:29 am

NO! AND I'M VERY BITTER ABOUT IT, IF YOU CAN'T TELL BY MY USE OF CAPLOCKS!!! :lol: :evil:

Okay, so I'm lucky that Rancho is more inland and I haven't had to deal with some of the crazier floods out near the coast but I've been damp all week because I've been outside most of the time (because of school and having to take public transportation to Claremont for my radio gig). My college is built on a hill so walking uphill to some of my classes has been like walking up a river stream. I heard some of our surrounding cities have lost power and a few Southwest Airline flights have been struck by lightning. So I guess I shouldn't be complaining. Plus, I'm sure WTFers up north and in the midwest have had to deal with worse weather. But my shoes and feet are still soaking wet and that's not a good feeling.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:34 am

Poor vmh! And of course this super rainy weather is really hard on those who live out there because, "It never rains in Southern California..." :sing:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:44 am

I've never really needed rain boots but I'm starting to think I should get a pair, esp. for those days when I'm on campus for 10 hours. None of my shoes are what you would call, "rain resistant."

Let's hope no homes get destroyed by mudslides. I hope your daughter is alright.

Return to “Off topic rambles”