Secret Santa 2009....an epilogue

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Secret Santa 2009....an epilogue

Postby biscuit » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:12 pm

As the last person to receive my Christmas gift I went to the SS thread to thank DT for some amazing chocolate truffles, only to find the thread locked and buried in archive :roll: :hrmpf:

Well, those truffles are worth a thread of their own anyway. Simply yummy! :tonqe: Thanks girl :hug:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Secret Santa 2009....an epilogue

Postby LauraK » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:36 pm

Aw....I knew you were going to be getting a late XMas surprise. I see that there's no padlock on that thread but it doesn't matter. If it's in the archives, you can't post. :(

Mmmmmm, truffles from delirium in NC making their way through across the globe to the biscuit household in Norway does indeed deserve its own thread! Yummy indeed. Did you have to let them thaw a bit before you could have a sample? :)

Very nice, dtree..... 8)

Just fyi....at another board I go to, a friend in England mailed off her SS gift well before Christmas. They're having awful winter weather (as lots of you know!) and apparently there are strikes in the postal service. Well....her recip hadn't yet received her gift and they were both worried when......it came back to her!! :x And the box was smooshed as well! She was going to double-check to make sure the addy was right but she'd given it to them to be weighed and she paid the postage....and this is what happened. Ugh.

So even if it's a bit late, I'm glad it made it there! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Biscuit, I'm sorry. I didn't move it, but there hadn't been activity.

Glad you got everything all right, though!!!!

I'll make this topic sticky so the Secret Santa people can see it.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Your welcome! :hug: Did you only get truffles? There should be a magnet in there too, made by a local artist (not me lol). Might want to shake your box. hehe So glad it made it! I was getting worried behind the scenes here. :nails:
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 am

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention the magnet :rolleyes: It was way cool, and already on my fridge :D

Apparently the parcel had been sent to my old address and then here, and it had been sitting here for a few days as well. The chocs really are heavenly though!!! Seriously!
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:14 am

Sounds like a wonderful gift! You're lucky, Biscuit, you got to extend the Christmas cheer for a few more weeks. :D What does the magnet look like?

Hey, did ZWP ever reveal what she received? I'm still curious. :P

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:19 am

Awesome! Glad it made it's way there even though somewhat round about and that you found and liked the magnet too! :D I know those truffles are to die for, they'll make you forget everything else. :wink:
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:13 am

Pics? :D
ImageImage

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:20 am

Yeah. What was the secret LA only gift that VMH sent out? Did we ever see it?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:35 am

I don't think so......ZWP? Pics? :D Details? :)
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:31 am

I bought myself the same thing I sent to ZWP. I'm wearing it right now. The design isn't amazing or anything. It's just a white t-shirt I saw at The Largo and it has the NZ flag on it and it says, "The 1st National International Aussie (crossed out) New Zealand (written in below the crossed out Aussie) Day" with Flight of the Conchords, Bic Runga, and other NZ Peoples. And it has the silhouettes of Bret and Jemaine's heads in the top corner and the Largo at the Coronet logo on the other. I didn't go to the show but it still makes me happy even if it's not cool looking. I saw it when I went to The Largo last year but I didn't buy it. I must have emailed Flanny or another staffer about it and was told they had mugs too. I was actually going to buy ZWP a mug with some hot cocoa because I assumed the t-shirts were more than $10. When I went back, they actually only had one mug left and it had a broken handle. The t-shirts actually only turned out to be $10. Perfect! I know what you're thinking..."Shut your piehole, Vanessa. You blabber on too much. I want 1 minute of my life back. Just show us the pictures!" I'll post some soon.

I also sent her dark chocolate from the Monsieur Marcel store at the Farmers Market. No pictures of that unfortunately. I'm guessing it was already consumed and it probably doesn't look as pretty as it once did by now.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:35 am

So jealous. Those shirts sound AMAZING!!

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:27 am

Biscuit, your gift was right on time! I was just at dinner with friends and we all [finally] exchanged Christmas gifts. It was great; there's always that bit of a let-down in January with the crashing halt of all the holiday excitement and having even a little something as a surprise was fun.

Besides, there's NEVER a wrong time for chocolate, no?

vmh- that's a pretty sweet gift to send, you'll have to post some pics soon!

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 pm

vmh wrote:I bought myself the same thing I sent to ZWP. I'm wearing it right now. The design isn't amazing or anything. It's just a white t-shirt I saw at The Largo and it has the NZ flag on it and it says, "The 1st National International Aussie (crossed out) New Zealand (written in below the crossed out Aussie) Day" with Flight of the Conchords, Bic Runga, and other NZ Peoples. And it has the silhouettes of Bret and Jemaine's heads in the top corner and the Largo at the Coronet logo on the other. I didn't go to the show but it still makes me happy even if it's not cool looking. I saw it when I went to The Largo last year but I didn't buy it. I must have emailed Flanny or another staffer about it and was told they had mugs too. I was actually going to buy ZWP a mug with some hot cocoa because I assumed the t-shirts were more than $10. When I went back, they actually only had one mug left and it had a broken handle. The t-shirts actually only turned out to be $10. Perfect! I know what you're thinking..."Shut your piehole, Vanessa. You blabber on too much. I want 1 minute of my life back. Just show us the pictures!" I'll post some soon.

I also sent her dark chocolate from the Monsieur Marcel store at the Farmers Market. No pictures of that unfortunately. I'm guessing it was already consumed and it probably doesn't look as pretty as it once did by now.

Hubby and I will be in Pasadena this summer for his family's reunion. (I hope :pray: ) I must go to Largo and get me a tshirt (AND see a comedy show!)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:00 pm

vmh, that tee sounds awesome! Wonder if Largo sells online.... :hrm:
Looks like that's a no. :(

Looking forward to pics. :)
ImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”