Off topic blather

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Off topic blather

Postby LauraK » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 pm

8)

I like it, Faith! :thumb: Have to get used to that one being you now....:D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Me too coz that used to be bibli's so I thought Faith was bibli at first.
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Isn't it funny how we all come to identify each other by our avatars? :lol: There are certain avatars that I will always associate with certain people, like Turnip's old avatar.

The most bizarre was when MM first put up her avatar of my son's FOTC drawings because I had a very disorienting feeling whenever I saw it that I was looking at my own post, and it was never even my avatar. :rolleyes: I'm OK now though. :thumb: :lol:

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 pm

LMAO! I know.

I will keep it up for a while, but I think now with the superslick Season 2, I'm going to be able to grab myself a great Mohumbhai & Sons avatar or six.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 pm

mockingbird wrote:Isn't it funny how we all come to identify each other by our avatars? :lol:

With exception to those of you who are in your avatar pictures, I think of each of you as whatever version of Bret or Jemaine are in your pictures. helgecko looks like cute-bending-over-guitar-playing Bret. Red is calm-suited-headshot-Jemaine. Suzy is grizzled-singing-Jemaine. And so on.

After actually seeing some of your pictures, I'm stumped to see that several of you do not have dark hair, beards, guitars, hipster clothes, or glasses. And 99% of you are female. It's so weird.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:23 pm

It isn't weird... :D

...even if you, eejm, look slightly peeved at someone just out of frame in your avatar.
Your beard is good, btw.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

eejm

Postby eejm » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:34 pm

LauraK wrote:It isn't weird... :D

...even if you, eejm, look slightly peeved at someone just out of frame in your avatar.
Your beard is good, btw.

I totally do look like this. Except I have blonde hair, light eyes, and I could probably bench press Bret (because he's like a pixie). Oh, and I'm a girl.

But we both have curly hair, so it's like we're identical.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:51 pm

So I must look like either Dave Mohumbhai, a St. Bernard with a crown, or Bret with kitty cat whisker and Jemaine with green M&M eyes.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:54 pm

eejm wrote:
mockingbird wrote:Isn't it funny how we all come to identify each other by our avatars? :lol:

With exception to those of you who are in your avatar pictures, I think of each of you as whatever version of Bret or Jemaine are in your pictures. helgecko looks like cute-bending-over-guitar-playing Bret. Red is calm-suited-headshot-Jemaine. Suzy is grizzled-singing-Jemaine. And so on.

After actually seeing some of your pictures, I'm stumped to see that several of you do not have dark hair, beards, guitars, hipster clothes, or glasses. And 99% of you are female. It's so weird.

Yeah, I totally look like this in real life, 'cept with boobs! (and not to devolve into yet another boob conversation, but let's just say I'm happy about it :lol: )

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Faith wrote:I changed my avatar to match my new status. :D

:D

For some reason, me getting lewd with food as an av...would be, ahem...inappropriate :)
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

eejm

Postby eejm » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:00 am

mohumbhai mania wrote:So I must look like either Dave Mohumbhai, a St. Bernard with a crown, or Bret with kitty cat whisker and Jemaine with green M&M eyes.

You'll always be Dave in a low-budget You Tube-ish commercial to me, MM. And we'll always have Paris.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:29 am

Okay, tonight I watched the Miss America competition. It's been a tradition for me since I roomed with a friend from Arkansas, who entertained at the local and state level competitions. He taught me what the judges were looking for, and we always tried to pick the finalists from their first introductions in the opening number.
Incidentally, my ex's wife's Mom is a former Miss America. (1949)
So tonight, I picked 14 out of the 50 plus in the opening intros. 7 of those went on to the Semi-Finals, 6 were in the Evening Gown competition, 5 went on to the Talent competition, and 4 were awarded Final Runner-Up prizes, as well as..tada...Miss America!! :yay:
I'd like to be a judge for this. :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:06 am

that's impressive, nancy! :clap:
Image Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:59 am

I got a call from my daughter, Amy. her friend Leslie who she did the Hair benefit with is now working on the new Broadway show by Green Day. Tonight the Grammys start with Elton John and Lady Gaga, then a Song award, and THEN...Jennifer Lopez introduces Green Day and the cast of their new show performing their nominated song! yay Leslie! (She said she's got a dress on with jeans, and she sits in front of the drums)

The best part is that Green Day's lead singer's wife told the cast the band was throwing the cast a Grammy after-party, and they were allowed to invite their friends, so guess who's going to the Green Day After-Party!!!?? My little girl! I can't wait to hear how it is. :popcorn:

EDIT: It was a little hard to see her, but there was Leslie, right in front of the drums. It looks like it could be an impressive show. :thumb:

What a terrific opening with Lady Gaga and Elton John! :clap:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:53 am

Oh my God, my ears - Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks were just sooooooooooo out of tuuuune! Ow! I was yelping! The second tune isn't as bad, but boy, doesn't anybody have an honest assistant to say "that sounded like crap, fix it" ? C'mon guys! :bang:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “Off topic rambles”