Off topic blather

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: Off topic blather

Postby vmh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:31 am

Nancy wrote:I got a call from my daughter, Amy. her friend Leslie who she did the Hair benefit with is now working on the new Broadway show by Green Day. Tonight the Grammys start with Elton John and Lady Gaga, then a Song award, and THEN...Jennifer Lopez introduces Green Day and the cast of their new show performing their nominated song! yay Leslie! (She said she's got a dress on with jeans, and she sits in front of the drums)

The best part is that Green Day's lead singer's wife told the cast the band was throwing the cast a Grammy after-party, and they were allowed to invite their friends, so guess who's going to the Green Day After-Party!!!?? My little girl! I can't wait to hear how it is. :popcorn:

EDIT: It was a little hard to see her, but there was Leslie, right in front of the drums. It looks like it could be an impressive show. :thumb:

That's so cool, Nancy! You'll have to give us an update when you hear from Amy.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:47 am

And Green day won!!! So the party should be rockin'! :supz:
I know she and her boyfriend love Kings of Leon, and Green Day said from stage they'd do shots with Kings of Leon, so it could be quite a fun night. :partyman:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:01 am

How awesome! That would be a fun party for sure.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:16 am

The lead guy from Kings of Leon is sexy as!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Red

Postby Red » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:21 am

Yeah but in person he's tiny and quite pixie-ish.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 am

They sound so different now. I heard Sex on Fire on the radio last year and when the radio personality announced it was Kings of Leon, I couldn't believe it. I kind of like the old Kings of Leon better.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Red

Postby Red » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:29 am

Agreed, V. Because of the Times is my favorite of their albums. It's a little less poppy than the newest one.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 am

vmh wrote:I kind of like the old Kings of Leon better.

So do I....
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:33 am

How exciting, nancy!! I can't wait to hear all about it! 8) I hope she had a blast!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:11 pm

That is beyond awesome Nancy! I can't imagine going to a party like that. :) Hope she had fun.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:31 pm

I know - how cool was that??? I'm still waiting to hear from her, but I'm sure it won't be for a while.
Here's Leslie, just behind Billie Joe's right arm, sitting in front of the drums:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S824o7egqHk

Found out it was the first time a band and a Broadway cast performed together at the Grammys - history!!!

Amy took her boyfriend to see Kings of Leon last summer when they played LA. I'll have to ask her about the older vs the newer stuff they do.

On the Grammys - As far as people I hadn't really seen before, I was impressed with Lady Antebellum and the Zac Brown Band that did America the beautiful with those great harmonies. :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:01 pm

I've never watched the Grammys but I always watch the Fashion Police on E the next day. I loved Billie Joe's suit but they panned it.
90% evil
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Nancy that's great! Im soooo jealous! I love Greenday. I must get to their Broadway show.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:32 pm

This probably should be in the unpopular opinion thread, but here goes:

I didn't like all of the mish-mashing of performers on the Grammy's. I just wanted to hear Green day do their song....and then hear the Broadway peeps get to do their thing. I'd have been thrilled to just hear Elton John alone. Eminem doesn't need anyone else with him. (THAT was li'l Wayne??) Though seeing Travis Barker kickin it on the drums was cool. We needed General Larry from American Idol to get up there and sing Pants on the Ground, lol...I thought some pants might actually fall down! Does Stevie Nicks ever sing anything other than Rhiannon? Either way, she should have sung it alone....Taylor should have sung her own song and then left the stage. :)

I did like the Bridge Over Troubled Water. Andrea Bocelli would be something to see live...his voice is amazing. The Michael Jackson tribute was good.
The Dave Matthews Band with whoever that was with them was good, but I still just like to see artists doing their own stuff.

laura runs, ducking tomatoes...
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm

I agree with you, at least in theory. I didnt watch the Grammys (Grammies?) I just saw DMB and GD on youtube. I did like the DMB performance cause I love the strings in that song...It was just a performance of the video so to speak. And I cracked up at his little jig he did.... :lol: While I didnt really like the LOVE the GD performance, it did give me a taste of the Broadway show and I do want to see that. GD is awesome live and they needed to pull back and accommodate the other performers, but I didnt mind it too much.

Eminem was on? I must go look for it....I like him and happen to think WHY? And Lil Wayne? That guy's a joke and I dont see his appeal or understand how he's made so much money off of his "talent", but whatever.

Return to “Off topic rambles”