My House and Everything In it

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: My House and Everything In it

Postby LauraK » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:47 am

By it, I meant the tattoo.....:)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm

How did I miss this thread? :hrm:

I don't think your room looks like a pigsty at all, Peaches (You should've seen my room back in the day :roll: ) And your view is gorgeous! :D

Nice family pic, Red. Is your garden all lawn and trees?

I like gardens with a nice lawn and trees, but no flowers. I kill plants, and besides a garden should be a place to play football (soccer), not weed :P
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:15 pm

biscuit wrote:Nice family pic, Red. Is your garden all lawn and trees?

I like gardens with a nice lawn and trees, but no flowers. I kill plants, and besides a garden should be a place to play football (soccer), not weed :P

Thanks, Biscuit. Yeah I planted a bunch of flowering shrubs and bulbs when we moved in but the 3 months of constant 100+F temps and my lack of desire to water everyday killed it all a couple of summers ago. I really can't keep much alive so I stopped trying. So yes our yard is now just grass and trees. The grass is usually quite pretty but its brown now due to the unusually cold winter we've had.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:18 am

I'll have to take a pic of our garden, tis brown now from lack of rain :(
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:28 pm

My garden is white :roll: and will be for months....

But inside it's nice and cozy :D We bought a new sofa, and I :heart: it. I'm really starting to like the living room now:)

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:21 pm

I love those Ikea-ish panels. I think Indy has a similar thing in her lovely abode. I didn't put up window treatments in my apartment coz I assumed I wouldn't be there long. (I'll be there 9 years in July :roll: ). If I had my way every window would have a bamboo blind and a cool curtain.

This is a view of my living room taken from the top of the stairs. The door leads to the deck and it is one of my favorite features of the apartment. In the summer the door is kept wide open and it lets so much light and space into the room. And I can plant flowers in boxes on the deck and see them while sitting inside. :)

This is a bit of the dining room. The sun really streams into through kitchen window in the AM. It blinds me when I'm at the sink, but it's nice. I'm really tired of those 2 decorative tables in the dining room. I've been looking for something cool (and affordable) to replace them for some time with no luck.

90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:13 pm

You should put these pics in the camera thread, guys. :thumb:

biscuit- I LOVE your living room....I usually like dark wood but yours makes the room so bright and inviting.

SW, your apt is lovely- and you do get a lot of natural light. 8) Having an enclosed porch block a lot of sun from our lr.

The space where the table with the stacked boxes is would be perfect for a small bookcase...the kind with the glass front.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:39 pm

SW: Your flat looks so nice and bright! (I miss bright!!) Do you live on the second floor? The door with the windows on either side, and the trees outside, remind me of the flat where I grew up :D

The panel curtains create the illusion of a high ceiling. In reality it is cottage sized in here. Even I (I'm 5'2") can almost reach the ceiling when I stand on the floor!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Yes, 2nd floor. It is fairly bright in here which is nice considering that the apt. only has windows on one side. The other side is landlocked as there is an apartment against it. What I miss is cross ventilation. I don't get much of a breeze since the windows are only on one side. This probably insulates me in the winter but in the summer it can get pretty hot in here, another reason why I leave the deck door open - it brings in much more air than the windows do.
90% evil
ImageImage

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Catching up here... It's so interesting to see where everyone lives. Love the wood floors in both SW's and Biscuits house. Very cool looking places, both of you!

Red, that's a beautiful family portrait! Such a happy picture. :D

Peaches, pigsty? That to you is a pigsty? :lol: Mines getting pretty close to looking like something out of hoarders hehe. Not that I'm proud of it. My roommate has boxes and boxes of his own pottery all over the house. (Much of it has his own face on it for some reason. It's an interesting concept, but really...how many boxes of vases with your image on it do you need???) Very much looking forward to him finding another place so I can organize and tidy a bit. Maybe I'll post pics when that happens. :D
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm not usually a fan of wood, but Biscuit, I LOVE your living room!

And your apartment is so homey Wolfie!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”