Winter Olympics

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Winter Olympics

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:40 am

I am so crazy excited to be heading off to Vancouver!!! :yay:

Our first event is the Short Track competition on Wednesday night. We get there on Tuesday, but we need a day to figure out the surroundings before we venture too far... :whitey:

My best friend Beverly and I are all organized and ready to get there!!! :supz:

I will try to post some pics, my first is gonna be the Olympic Flame, but may not post for a while, due to running everywhere everyday!! :rolleyes:

Okay enough emoticons, but they do express how I feel!!!
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Re: Winter Olympics

Postby Red » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:10 am

How exciting!! I would love to attend the winter Olympics sometime. I hope you have a wonderful time. Have you been to Vancouver before? I was there in August and absolutely adored the city. Have fun and yes please do keep us updated and post pics when you have time.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:05 pm

dandy lyons is from Vancouver. Unfortunately, she doesn't post here anymore. It's a shame because maybe you could have arranged another WTF! meetup. But if you have time, she does recommend one of Vancouver's finest, Japa Dog!

Have fun, you two! Tell Bev I said "Hi!"
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Red, yeah, I have been to Vancouver briefly about 12 years ago. I flew there on way to Kamloops to visit friends.

I only spent 2 days there so there wasn't much time to look at anything really. So I plan on making up for that now!

One sport we won't get to because I did not get any figure skating tickets, but don't think we could have fit it in anywhere in our schedule..(plus they were very pricey).

Hey V, I sure will tell Bev 'hi' from you. I will try to stay in contact while there,

OFF I go!!!

:rolleyes:

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh, gonna try the hotdog stand, JapaDog, I followed your link VMH Thanks! and it looks interesting.
Too bad Dandy Lyons is not on anymore, but, I think she is still on twitter, I may send her a tweet to find out...

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Have fun - trying to plan a holiday for later in year.... :D
It's a psychological analogy

Red

Postby Red » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:03 am

Mmmm JapaDog! Oh wait I have a picture! These hot dogs were so pretty I had to take a picture. Yummy too. :tonqe:

If you like chocolate you must go to Mink. It's a chocolate cafe and coffee shop! Fabulous!

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:23 pm

After watching all the Olympic stuff on TV I really want to go to Vancouver now...it looks like such a cool city!
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:14 am

I'm really enjoying the Olympics. Been brilliant coverage on the BBC. Its being shown on/in HD, iPlayer, red button so can pick what we want to watch, loads of live coverage and then highlights every day from the previous one.

Enjoyed the skiing (womens downhill was classic) and loving the curling. Also liking the snowboard and ski cross events. Liked the skeleton event also. Have a friend who did that. Insane sport. Can live without ice hockey and figure skating though. Not really my thing.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:25 am

I always think of myself as someone who doesn't really like sports, but I'm getting hooked on the Winter Olympics :lol:

The Cross Country events are big here in Norway, both the regular kind and the Biathlon. Downhill is big here too, but I don't fancy that as much. Curling though... I bloody love curling. :D Slow but exciting. And with trousers like "our" team has, how can you hate it? :lol:

I don't follow hockey at all, or any kind of skating for that matter. I only like watching the show the figure skaters do at the end of the Games.
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 am

Yeah I am back!! Actually I am kinda sad, :cry: it was such a high then alas I had to come back to reality, blah...work has left me 31 messages about crap that they could have figured out for themselves...

Had the very best time ever!!! I love Vancouver!

VMH, we tried to go to Japadog but they were packed, really, so many people in one place viry viry crowded everywhere.

And don't believe that stuff about how it was warm there, it was relatively warmer in downtown Vancouver, 50 or so, but we were inside ice arena's that whole time downtown and then at the parties at night :wink: wow the temps drop quickly..brrrrrr we wore under armor every day.

Anyway, I will definitely post some pics and tell some great tales, but for now, I am exhausted and have an achy body and sore throat, think I have come down with a little crud...so I haven't even opened my bags yet..or downloaded pics. That will be this weekend.

Red

Postby Red » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:07 am

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time. I can't wait to here all aboot it! :D

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:19 am

Did anyone just see that women's relay for speed skating? South Korea won but was disqualified for barely contacting the China skater. China gets gold, Canada gets silver, USA gets bronze (even though they were 3/4 of a lap behind.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 am

Red - Those JapaDogs do look yummy. Thanks for the tip about Mink! I'm pro chocolate and coffee so any place that combines the two gets a plus in my book. I remember going to a similar place in Chicago called Moonstruck to satisfy a late night chocolate craving and they had a variety of hot chocolate and mocha beverages on the menu. Love!

ItsAllRyche wrote:Yeah I am back!! Actually I am kinda sad, :cry: it was such a high then alas I had to come back to reality, blah...work has left me 31 messages about crap that they could have figured out for themselves...

Had the very best time ever!!! I love Vancouver!

VMH, we tried to go to Japadog but they were packed, really, so many people in one place viry viry crowded everywhere.

And don't believe that stuff about how it was warm there, it was relatively warmer in downtown Vancouver, 50 or so, but we were inside ice arena's that whole time downtown and then at the parties at night :wink: wow the temps drop quickly..brrrrrr we wore under armor every day.

Anyway, I will definitely post some pics and tell some great tales, but for now, I am exhausted and have an achy body and sore throat, think I have come down with a little crud...so I haven't even opened my bags yet..or downloaded pics. That will be this weekend.

:lol: Of course it's going to be cold to you. You're from one of the hottest cities in the US!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! But for now, I hope you get the rest you need and that you feel better soon.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:19 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Did anyone just see that women's relay for speed skating? South Korea won but was disqualified for barely contacting the China skater. China gets gold, Canada gets silver, USA gets bronze (even though they were 3/4 of a lap behind.

Funny you should mention this; my husband (former competitive speed skater) was a bit salty about this finish; he was saying that he'd almost rather USA not get it for skating such a weak race. I can only imagine what I'll be hearing about tonight after just seeing on the news that Ohno got disqualified for something (all I saw was the clip where the Bret-look alike from Canada did a victory whoop).

Seeing this side of him cracks me up; this is a man that does not even know when the Superbowl takes place (one of the reasons I like him so) but Winter Olympics turn him a little fanatical. He even stays up late to watch the re-runs of the the same exact footage, including the boring commentator sections, that he just watched in real-time 3 hours before.

Return to “Off topic rambles”