These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Postby Gayle » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:28 am

Everyone has weird little things that make them happy for odd reasons.

Here are a few of mine:

I like the way my cat's claws sound when they walk across the wood floor.

I like when I call my Mom and she answers the phone "Hi Gayle" when there is no reason she should know it's me calling. :phone:

I like it when birds eat the seed at my back yard feeder. It makes me feel special, like they have chosen my feeder to nourish themselves, even though I see the same birds eating muddy fruit loops in the Target parking lot. :eh:

I like little kids; even the ones that cry most of the time. :tears:

I like wind. The air feels more real when it's moving.

I like plowing snow from my driveway. I feel like I'm getting something done and it's really pretty fun.

I like what bath bubbles do when you clap them between your hands. :clap:

So, anyway, that's my list for today. Care to share? :D
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:33 pm

:heart: I love anyone and anything that makes me laugh. Laughter is such a gift to give anyone, and I value that gift highly. Whenever you hear someone say, "Laughter is the best medicine.", believe it. It can cure anything... I'm convinced of it.

:heart: I love my dog. She's the cutest little thing ever... 19 pounds of pure unconditional love and affection! Whether she's curled up in a ball, sleeping on the only sunny spot in the room, or running (actually bouncing) beside me when we go out for our walks, or trying to lick my face after we play catch, or putting her face in the flowers in my garden to catch the fragrance... there is just no end to the joy she gives me. I bless the day I took her home with me.

:heart: I love my friends. They are the most whacked-out, intelligent, loving, caring, interesting, funny group of nutballs on this earth. I love each of them. I am fond of the saying "Friends are the family you get to choose.", because it is true. I chose some with great care, and some, I just happened upon (like you!), but I value each one greatly. With my parents gone from me at an early age, they are the family I made for myself, and I love them.

:heart: I love making bread. The kneading and kneading, the smell while it's baking, the way the butter melts into it while it's still warm from the oven. The way the jam or the honey melts into the butter. It's all good!

:heart: I love chocolate. The darker, the better. The richer, the better. It never fails to make me feel better, no matter how badly I feel. I love good ice cream, and home-made cookies, too, but I limit them to special occasions. Chocolate is the one thing I never deny myself. If I feel I need a piece, I eat one. It's better (and safer) than Prozac!

:heart: I love the arts. Books, movies, plays, poetry, paintings, photographs, crafts, a really fine meal... everything! -- all these things are created (were created) to bring joy and to express what is/was in the heart of the artist. It takes a certain audacity of spirit to be so certain that what you have inside you needs to be expressed as much as you need to breathe in order to stay alive. I admire that level of audacity, that courage to put your heart and soul out there for all to see. So, I guess I not only love the arts, but I love the artists, too. I may not always like what they create, but I always love that they did.

:heart: I love flowers.

And, finally....

:heart: I love love. Whatever form it takes, it is a wonder, and I am a sucker for it! It's the one thing that could change the world. I am always hopeful in the presence of love, and these days, there's too little to give us hope. Whether it is in the form of humanitarianism, or peace-making, or kindness to living things, or romantic love, it revolutionizes and changes whatever comes in contact with it forever. That's a mighty power!

specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby specialkay » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:59 pm

:eyelashes: I like getting up in the mornings and making my fav coffee. Simple, I know, but without it...I would be doomed! I used to not have to have it but something happened after I hit 30, and now it is an every day ritual...shocking!
:eyelashes: I like checking my email and having one from a friend...notice I said FRIEND. Not junk mail. :eyebrow: My quiet time is spent catching up with friends and then I feel like I can officially begin the day.
:eyelashes: I love to sing. I have been a singer since the age of 9 when my mom took me to a home for the elderly at Christmas time to sing caroles for them in a large room. I was nervous, but, it really came quite naturally. Been entertaining ever since. I sing everywhere I go and it brings me peace and joy...music, truely calms my soul (depending on my mood of course).
:eyelashes: and yes, like Kate, CHOCOLATE! :heart: Can we live without it? NO! I can cook with it, eat it, hide it under me pillow...give it as a gift, and yes, even freeze it for a rainy day! :wink:
:eyelashes: The FOTC are one of my most FAV things. Every Wednesday night it is now a ritual to listen to Business Time no matter what kind of mood I am in. I know, sick and twisted sista, but we talked about this yesterday...and I have accepted that I AM indeed a nutball..so it matters not okay? :bounce:
:eyelashes: I :heart: Christmas time!! The season is so special, without all the hustle of shopping and the mania of trying to get everything done that is. I love the seasonal flowers and greenery, the scents in the air (by the candle co of course) the cooking I do to get ready for the dinners, and family and friends getting together for special memories...as well as the dysfunctional things that happen that we joke about all through the next year...but, that is beseide the point. It is all about the :heart: LOVE :heart:
:eyelashes: I like curling up on the sofa and watching a great moive. Or finding out it's not so great and turning it off and watching something else *lol* like HBO's One Night Stand with the FOTC!! for the 50th time...
:eyelashes: I like the outdoors. I have lots of land here and being able to just go out for a walk and enjoy the peace and quiet is nice.
:eyelashes: On the other hand, I love fashion... :P I love to find deals and I :heart: trendy designer clothing. The GAP is awesome but, I love a few others like DKNY (my new fav store) and love to spend the dough finding the perfect garment. I will hush now>> :stick: self inflicted
**These are in no certain order of importance**
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

EvilMoose
Half a shapely halibut

Postby EvilMoose » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:36 pm

Baby animals - They're so cute even though some of them will grow up and given half a chance, eat me.

My bestest friend, Billy. If I were Forrest he'd be my Jenny. He's awesome

History - Those who don't know it are doomed to repeat it.

Bret's left sideburn - I hate to choose sides but the right one looks at me funny.

WARNING - UNCHARACTERISTIC MUSHYNESS ALERT
All of the wonderful, funny people on this forum - You all brighten my world and bring me happiness every day. I LOVE Y'ALL :love:

Whew! I'm glad I got that out. I thought I was gonna implode.
To me religion seems like a bunch of people talking to their imaginary friend. - Dylan Moran

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:24 am

I love my cat Archimedes. Image
He is so kooky and weird. He causes me to laugh or smile at least once a day. His meower is still broken, he has a rasper now. He is also constantly surprising me! He actually wanted to cuddle under my bed covers a few weeks ago, which he hasn't done since we was a kitten. Medes makes my life so much better just by being around.

In the summer time, I love the smell in the evenings right after in rains. Kind of a fresh, cleansing scent. I just close my eyes and breathe.

I love music. The songs/pieces that just hit you right in your chest and give you chills. You can feel them; they invoke a strong emotional response. I can love a really melancholy song, but also the songs that just make you happy and want to dance around the room.

I love my family. I have wonderful parents and siblings. I don't know what I would do without their love and laughter. Even when they drive me crazy, I know they will be there for me - no matter what.

I love 2005. This has been a real eye opening year for me. I have come to realize over the course of the year that life is just too short. If you aren't willing to go all out and experience life, than what's the point? If I want to learn Italian, why not? If I want to travel to other countries and can't find anyone to go with me, what is stopping me from going on my own? There will always be an excuse, but is any excuse good enough? If I don't do it now, then when? As Mr. Freeman said, "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

I love home baked-goods. They are my downfall. Especially chocolate chip cookies with semi-sweet morsels. *swoon* :D

I love the Internet. What a remarkable network. So much information right there 'in' my little computer. I want to know what the weather is in...Wellington and just like that, I know. (63 degrees F, partly cloudy and windy, just in case you're wondering. :wink:) Where else can you talk to people from all over the world every day? Amazing.

And I love...Ferris Wheels. I used to be afraid of them, but now I think they are fantastic. Not the crazy tip you upside down amusement park kinds, just the plain old two seater slow moving kind. The experience of climbing up, up, past the tree line and 'being' up there in the sky looking around, then rushing back towards Earth and wheeling and backwards to do it again. But, don't rock the seat! :tsk: :D

And to quote Gayle. "That is all" (for the moment) 8)
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

/me

Postby /me » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:23 pm

Dogs in Cars.
My beagle snoring at my feet. (It's comforting)
Thunderstorms.
Dozing with a fresh cat on my head.

Hmm, I feel like I am writing a personal, here.
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:30 pm

Today's List:

:D Fuzzy gloves with multi-colored fingers

:D Macaroni and Cheese

:D "Touchy", a monkey given to me for my birthday

:D Root Canals

:D The "Oooooooh" sound / Furrowed brow combo that people do when you tell them you just had a root canal

:D Friends who call you from the pick up counter at the restaurant to say, "They didn't have "this", but would you like "this" instead?"

Thanks to those of you who have shared your favorite things. I can't help but smile reading them - very cool.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:16 am

Today's favorite thing:
Flying Spaghetti Monster Ramen! :roll2:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:36 am

I love Sunday morning. I've had a whole day off, and a whole day off is ahead of me. Waking up on a Sunday morning, a little later than normal, is one of the best feelings. :mrgreen:

/me

Postby /me » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:49 am

Andria wrote:Ramen!

Ramen!

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:29 am

I've realized that I love days where the temperature gets above 15 degrees. :mrgreen: I am yearning for one now.

djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:06 pm

Favorite things:

* When my 2 cats curl up next to me at night.

* When my husband curls up next to me at night. :)

* Sleeping in late.

* Getting a letter or an email from a friend I haven't spoken to in a while.

* Traveling - anywhere!

* Walking in the mountains on a cold, crisp fall day.

* Tiramisu from Provino's (my favorite Italian restaurant).

* Watching 'The Lord of the Rings' films with friends on a rainy day.
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:45 am

I love when the crows head south for the winter. Today, leaving work, I saw thousands of crows flying against the red, winter sky. Beautiful.

/me

Postby /me » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:47 am

Gayle wrote:I love when the crows head south for the winter. Today, leaving work, I saw thousands of crows flying against the red, winter sky. Beautiful.
Wow, that sounds like an amazing image! Even after I reread it correctly as crows and not cows. :bounce:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:26 am

/me wrote:
Gayle wrote:I love when the crows head south for the winter. Today, leaving work, I saw thousands of crows flying against the red, winter sky. Beautiful.
Wow, that sounds like an amazing image! Even after I reread it correctly as crows and not cows. :bounce:

One missing "r" would really change everything! :bounce:

I'd like to add:

I love that feeling, when you are just exhausted from a full day of work or play, when you are in bed as tired as can be and you know that all you have to do now is fall asleep. You can go to sleep at any moment. It's almost worth staying up a few extra minutes to savor that feeling.

Return to “Off topic rambles”