I Believe I Saw a Ghost Last Night

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Aimee
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: I Believe I Saw a Ghost Last Night

Postby Aimee » Thu May 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Oh Laura I know exactly what you mean. When my cat of 20 years passed away, she visited me for quite a few months in my dreams--and they were very realistic, especially in the first one. I could feel and smell her fur and hear her purring...She still comes to visit me sometimes and I love still being able to see her...

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Thu May 27, 2010 5:55 pm

aw that must be very soothing. One thing about having had a cat as a pet. They are very attached to their owners, (parents). My rescue cat, little siamese mix, hated me for about 1 year. Even though she was abandoned outside and beat up by larger feral cats, she wanted to be wild and free. I caught her in a cage and got vet care and brought her into my home, she just wanted to escape for a long time. Over the next year her coloring changed, her eyes are now blue instead of green, weird I know. and now she is so loving, and it wasn't until after I noticed a distinct resemblance to my cat I had (she passed over 23 years ago). Now she looks and acts just like my old cat did. Very strange, I took out old photos and they are complete twins, eye color, fur color etc. I believe my Sarah is now back as Princess.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Aimee

Postby Aimee » Thu May 27, 2010 6:07 pm

That's amazing IAR! It's wonderful that you rescued her like that and showed her unconditional love. She will never forget it...

eejm

Postby eejm » Thu May 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Years ago a good friend of mine and I got our palms read for fun. I don't remember much about either of our readings except for the fact that the reader told my friend that she had an animal magnetism, and that she should encourage this. This was odd, as my friend didn't have any pets and wasn't particuarly fond of animals. The reader said she should get one, but my friend lived in a tiny apartment at the time that didn't allow pets. The reader said that she saw butterflies, and that my friend should do something to attract butterflies. My friend did buy a plant that was supposed to attract butterflies and put it beside her window.

My friend was a nurse and volunteered at a camp for disabled people for a couple of weeks each summer. A few years after the palm reading, she was working at the camp. A group that was tent camping in another part of the park needed medicine, so she drove it out to them. She stepped out of the truck and was walking to the counselors to hand them the medicine when a bolt of lightning struck her head. She died instantly.

Flash forward to a couple of years after her death. I was talking on the phone to her mom. She said how the family had driven up to the camp where my friend had died. They put up a small memorial on the spot in the meadow where she was hit. Also, since she had died, that meadow had attracted tons and tons of butterflies.

My thought is that my friend is still there in that meadow. She loved the camp and loved working as a nurse, so she stayed there. The butterflies know she's there and are hanging out with her. :)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 27, 2010 8:45 pm

OMG. :( When I read "she died instantly" I gasped out loud....didn't expect that. I'm very sorry for your loss.

That is so very cool about the butterflies.....did her Mom know the palm-reading story? I like your idea that she's there and her "animal magnetism" is drawing the butterflies. 8)

I also loved reading about your cat integration story, Ryche. Very cool!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:18 pm

How did I miss this thread until now! This is sooo interesting.

I've only had very limite personal experience with ghosts. And I do strongly believe in them. I don't know if that's the Catholic in me or what but I always have and so does my whole family.

So, after my dad passed, my mom and I were talking about her mom who passed when I was a little girl. My grandmother always drank coffee and nobody else in my family does. For the last 25 years since her passing, I will sometimes smell coffee when there is NO possible way that coffee is around and I know it's her. My mom shared with me that she gets the SAME THING! I mean, my parents live on 5 acres. If they aren't the ones making coffee they certainly aren't going to smell it from a neighbor. It was so funny to me that we both had the exact same experience for 25 years and never talked about it before but we know that it's my Grammy.

Also, like 30 years ago my aunt and uncle lived in a house that has two spirits. One, Frenchie, was the man who lived in and built the house and also died in it. Many people "saw" Frenchie and Laura, it was EXACTLY as you described in your first post. My dad, my aunt, my uncle and two of my cousins saw Frenchie. Also, he would play with the electricity in the house and blink lights on and off all the time.

One day, he had been blinking the lights in what seemed like a kind of pattern all day. It was driving my aunt nuts and she even yelled at him, "OK, Frenchie, I've had enough". Not long after that she smelled burning and realized that she'd left the iron on and the cord was split and sparking. Frenchie had been trying to warn her. And had she not put the flickering lights together with the burning smell, the house could have burned down.

I haven't seen my dad yet and I hope that means he's happy and peaceful on "the other side".

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 pm

That's very cool about your Granny and her coffee....and wow. Frenchie warning your aunt about the elctrical fire that would have happened. :thumb:

Our tv will go off by itself. It only happens at night and only rarely when Tom's awake. Usually it's just me. No, I never set the sleep timer and the remote is always on the table next to me. Is he telling me I need to get to sleep, lol?

I often see 'something' out of the corner of my eye....drives me a bit batty. I'd rather just see him or whoever it is clearly....Today I swore someone walked up next to me as I was on the computer, but I was home alone and of course when i turned my head- nothing. :|
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:16 am

Years ago for Halloween my friends and I went to call kind of "haunted" places in Hollywood with our home made "ghost hunting" devices hahahaha. I will tell you that the former Sharon Tate property is super creepy.

Return to “Off topic rambles”