Just *sigh*

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:26 am

You may want to also read the related stories on the right hand side of that page.

This one in particular :shock:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10053831/from/RL.3/

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:40 pm

Johnnyp wrote:You may want to also read the related stories on the right hand side of that page.

This one in particular :shock:

Goodlord! I wouldn't own any of those CD Titles, but can you imagine the people who got them for the holidays and played them obliviously -- never having this information?

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:53 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Sort of on par with what Johnny was saying ...

The band Travis did a cover version of Britney Spears' song Hit Me Baby One More Time. Their version is fantastic and has so much depth and emotion, even though they obviously went into it with a bit of a sense of humor. Just proof that when in the hands of people with talent, even songs that are seemingly pieces of fluff can be quite good.

Heh, I've been listening to this a lot lately. How funny you should mention it. Of course, I am still slightly embarrassed to sing along in the car....

Johnnyp wrote:You may want to also read the related stories on the right hand side of that page.

This one in particular Shocked

This is why I so dislike Sony right now. What a way to punish your customer base. You know those guys, the ones who paid LEGALLY for your product. So glad the Conchords deal is not with Sony. Bah, bunch a morAns.
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:04 pm

I've got some friends who bought the Trey Anastasio album and I think one other Sony CD on the list and they are hopping mad about it all. Just one more reason for people to not want to buy music, at least not legally.

For what it's worth, I've been using this siterecently and been quite happy with it. No problems at all, inexpensive and a nice range of items, including some that I've been looking for for years.

/me, it really is a good version of the song, isn't it. It's like a completely different song. But yeah, it can still be a bit embarassing. It came on the iPod while I was out walking this morning and I had to stop myself from singing along, in case someone was out and heard me. :oops:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:43 pm

Very cool link thanks Indi!!!

/me

Postby /me » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:14 am

Oooh yeah, between allofmp3 and itunes, I have purchased more music in the past year or two than probably the last 10 years, and itunes even has The Black Seeds. :mrgreen: The only bummer is allofmp3 used to let you preview an entire song or even album before buying. Now it is only 90 seconds, but 90 seconds is still better than 30.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:12 am

To top it off if you say All of MP3 real fast it sounds like you're talking about a little round green pitty thing in MP3 format.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:28 am

I do have serious question though. All of MP3 is based out of Russia also the address does not have the secure site "https" prefix only and "http" prefix.

/me

Postby /me » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:43 pm

It does have a secure https (ssl) entrance on the main page. Maybe you have to sign up first? To be safe, I have a CC with a very low limit that I use just for such questionable activities. Limits the damage if anyone were to get a hold of that information.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:01 pm

When you actually put money into your all of mp3 account, you go through a secure processing site which does have security locks in place when you're entering info. The site you pay through is chronopay.com, I believe.

I think you can still preview whole albums, but individual songs are 90 second clips, which is still considerably long and often half the song.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:26 pm

Thanks I was just a little weirded out by what I was seeing. It must give you 90 second previews after you join it was only giving me 30 while I was checking out the site yesterday.

Return to “Off topic rambles”