How Many Days Until Christmas??

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: How Many Days Until Christmas??

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:34 pm

I want to see a Prince tree! And an FotC themed tree would certainly make for a sexy Christmas! :waggle:

Faith wrote:He doesn't look too impressed. :lol:

:lol: Maverick posed begrudgingly. Soon after, he tried to eat the costume. I've had people say that Mav sometimes looks like a man in a dog costume. He is a bit of a stalker, he sometimes peaks into my closet while I change my clothes. For some reason it bugs me too. :lol:

SW is that the window of the wine and cupcake shop? Lovely! :heart:
Image..Image..Image

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:32 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Soon after, he tried to eat the costume.
:lol: I love Maverick!

And look look! I CAN have a white christmas here in Auckland! It's down on the waterfront - I'm gonna go play in the snow! :D

Source

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:17 pm

and then a giant walked over, picked up the globe, and shook it....killing all inside... :lol:

Sorry. :worry:

My tree has multi-colored lights, which I had to strip off this year and do all over, since for the past 2 or 3 yrs, whenever strands would crap out, I'd just add new strands rather than having to remove the crap one. :lol: It was getting ridiculous.
(I carry the tree to the basement in 1 piece, w/ the lights still on. It's a tall slim tree, so doable.)

I like the led blue lights I see around here...they're a gorgeous royal blue and with white, I think they're beautiful.

I just have the lighted candles in the windows.

Here's Jake and Emmie a few yrs ago. She doesn't mind a functional sweater, but a coat or a costume? She'll go Maverick's route. :lol: as soon as I snapped the pic, she was rolling around trying the get those booties OFF.

ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:37 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Is The Sound of Music considered a Christmas movie, 4ever? My favorite Christmas movie is Love Actually. :heart: A truly perfect film.

:nod: I must check the TV listings to see whether it's on TV anytime soon. I really should own it on DVD though.

At my house we have our Christmas lights up in the windows but we still haven't put up the Christmas decorations including the Christmas tree inside yet for some reason.

Nice photos, everyone! I took these photos whilst out Christmas shopping on Oxford Street earlier today. :)

For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:07 am

GreatH, when I saw your post I thought of the classic holiday movie 'White Christmas', it's def one of my favorites. It is corny as ever and adorable.

Nonch, although Sound of Music isn't a Christmas movie, it seems to always come around during the holidays. For me it just wouldn't be Christmas without it. :D I was totally bummed that nobody had the guts to geek with me and go to the Sound of Music Sing A Long this year. I would have belted out the those songs tone deaf & off key with delight. Party poopers. :doh: It is a special year for the movie with all kinds of reunions and special events.

I'd agree that Love Actually is one of my most favorite holiday movies. I do love the classics though. The Bells of St. Mary, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (both the original & remake), The Bishop's Wife, Christmas In Connecticut, Christmas Carol (1940's version), It's a Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn.

Then of course you've got Love Actually, Die Hard, Family Stone, A Christmas Story, Home Alone, All I Want for Christmas, Christmas Vacation, and the list goes on. I'd admit to watching those made for tv lifetime channel Christmas movies too. :doomed:

That being said I'm heading for my Christmas dvd collection, I am so ready for any number of those movies.

I've always kind of preferred pretty twinkly white lights. They look very pretty with sparkly snowflake ornaments on the tree. I have used multi colored in the past. I love those gum drop lights. When I was growing up they were called italian lights. They used to be so big and heavy they had clips to attach them to the tree. If you happened to lean into them or touch them you'd burn yourself to death. Those lights used to get so dang hot.

We didn't have clings for the window. We had stencils and this white liquid stuff I guess you could compare to white out. You'd put the stencil to the window and then with a cloth you'd dab in the stencil to make a picture. I remember the fragrance of that liquid stuff. I was probably getting stoned at age 6 putting the stuff on, ah the 60's, good times. Ha! Wish I had pictures of that. Some of those vintage items are really classic. I've got the memories forever.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:29 am

Squeee. I found the wax & stencil online. You can find anything online. :thumb:

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:08 am

Cool, 4ever. :thumb: I haven't seen hardly any of the classic holiday films. :oops:

London looks beautiful adorned for the season. Great pix, Venus! Did you get your shopping done? I've only done my online shopping. I dread hitting the stores. :roll: But my tree is up and the inside of the house is finished, so that's a start. We awoke to the first snow of the season today and it really helped get me in the mood.

LauraK wrote:and then a giant walked over, picked up the globe, and shook it....killing all inside... :lol:

Sorry. :worry:

:spit: :roll2: Laura, too funny! :roll2:

That NZ life sized snow globe is unbelievable! :o I hope you really go Great H, and take photos!

I had to show you all my newest ornament...from Amsterdam. :heart: Shown here with a couple of favorites. :) The windmill really spins too.

Yikes! I really need to hide those light strands a little better. :worry:
Image..Image..Image

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:41 am

Nonch, I really love your ornaments. I especially like the string of beads, very very pretty.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:42 am

Nonch, your tree is beautiful. Can we get a full view photo?

Whatcha talkin' about Willis? You haven't seen the holiday classics this year or you have never seen the holiday classics? Some of them are an absolute must!

The Bells of St. Mary with Bing Crosby & Ingrid Bergman

GreatH, I sure hope that you had fun at the snowglobe. It looks like fun.

Faith, pretty windows. Have you decorated indoors, is the tree up?

DT, nonchers & I wanna see your Prince Christmas tree masterpiece.

Nonch & LauraK, your pets look so happy in those outfits. :lol:

Venus, what's occurin'? Your holiday photos are lush. Were the stores insane today? Are ya finished yet? How many times have you watched the Gav & Stacey Christmas Special? Three times so far for me. Although I love it so much and will admit to watching it year round.

Let's see photos of your trees everyone!!!!
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:42 am

Great H that snow globe is great what a wonderful idea for pics
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:44 pm

OMG I love the NZ snowglobe.

Nonch I bought the same green windmill but I gave it to my mom. I remember that shop near the tulip market.

I didn't really grow up watching any holiday movies except the Rankin Bass stuff. I watched It's A Wonderful Life for the first time a few years ago. One of the shops in town by where I work has a small, old fashioned TV on the porch playing It's A Wonderful Life on a loop. Very cool.
90% evil
ImageImage

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 pm

I don't have a prince tree yet. It's a work in progress. :) I need to get some purple lights first. Tis a goal though.

I love the NZ snowglobe! I don't know Laura would it really kill them? There's snow in there after all. Might pad things a bit. :lol:
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks, ladies! Oxford Street was as busy as ever but fortunately I didn't have to wait too long in the queues in the stores I went too. I did get a lot done but I can never get all my Christmas shopping done in one go so I'll be hitting the stores again sometime soon.

I can't wait to watch the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special again, 4 ever! I'll definitely be re-watching classic Christmas TV and films once I'm on my holidays. :)

Love the ornaments on your tree, nonch! I love dressing up my Christmas tree with various ornaments. Hopefully the Christmas tree will be up sometime soon with a little help from my brother.

I agree with everyone about the NZ snowglobe. You've gotta go there, Great H and take photos! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:39 pm

I don't know man....it's a glass globe. There'd probably be a few blood smears....

One of my friends loves Disney and their big tree is a gorgeous sight- lots of Disney ornaments. Then, she has her Stephen King tree. 8) I think it's awesome.

ImageImageImage

:D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:36 pm

I'll admit to several wounded and a very bloody globe afterwards, still not sure that equates death by snow globe. I'm thinking way too much about this. :lol:

I LOVE the Stephen King tree! That is spectacular! The tiny books are very creative and the topper just made me giggle. Love your ornaments too Nonch!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Return to “Off topic rambles”