2011 Oscars

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: 2011 Oscars

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:40 pm

LauraK wrote:. The way Jesse Eisenberg (sp) played him made me think he (MZ) had Asperger's but in watching interviews w/ the man himself, it's hard to tell. They made him very robotic in the movie while in rl he seems pretty engaged in interviews, while still seeming a bit awkward.
I've only seen Zuckerberg interviewed twice and both time his staring eyeballs freaked me out. There is something strange about him.
90% evil
ImageImage

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Nancy, some upper class Aussies can sound kind of posh - no twang there. Sort of like a cross between US and British accents.

Aaron Sorkin is a technophobe, so I'm not surprised he made Zuckerberg robotic. He's younger than I am, but he's such a codger.

I think Jesse Eisenberg is really hot in a twitchy kind of way.

And, oh, is Scott Pilgrim up for any awards? Loved that movie so much. And, yeah. Michael Cera was in it. I love Michael Cera. Don't hate on him. (preemptively preparing for Cera-hate.)
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:22 pm

No Cera hate here. Scott Pilgrim was an outstanding movie! It should get something just for the addition of a pee bar alone. :)
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Dunno why anyone would hate on Cera.

I haven't seen The King's Speech but I've seen Rush around a bit lately. He sounds like an Aussie to me, or do you mean in the film?
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 am

His Aussie accent isn't a very strong one, imo. In his interviews, he sounded as he did in the movie. I have a friend from Tasmania who's visited here twice and her accent is way stronger so I wondered if it isn't just down to the different locales..... :hrm:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Tasmania?!?! I've always wanted to go there - to see the devil mostly, even though Jersey supposedly has one of it's own. :yawinkle:

I think Geoffrey's (is that the way you spell it?) voice/accent is sexy, whatever it is. :oops:
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Mom and I watched The Kids are All Right today and we both thought it was good- as was Mark Ruffalo's furry torso and naked a$$- but not great.

I thought Annette Bening's performance was really good...very understated but she said soooo much with her eyes, facial expressions, and body language. Julianne Moore was good too and she got to romp around nekkid with Mark a lot, lol. Lucky gal!

Even though I have yet to see Black Swan, I lean more towards thinking Natalie will win Best Actress, but who knows? I think Mark has 0% chance at winning Best Supporting Actor. I'm rooting for Geoffrey of the sexy voice.....:waggle: totally agree with you on that, SW! (And yep, it's spelled like that! My brother's name is Jeffrey...Geoffrey sounds like someone who should have a butler.)
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Laura, I watched The Kids Are All Right on a flight to LA, and thought the sex was purely gratuitous and embarrassing, especially being on a plane with others looking over my shoulder and seeing nakedness flopping around on my screen. I'm not a prude, by any means, but I just didn't find Mark or Julianne sexy when naked - I was grossed out more than anything.
Annette Bening was robbed when she didn't win for American Beauty. I just don't think hers is the top performance this year. Not to spoil anything, but her "discovery moment" was flawless because as you said, so much was achieved without saying a word.

Go see Black Swan, and pay attention to every little thing. I have a friend who said the same thing - it needs more than one viewing to catch all the little things. But being a fan of ballet, I loved seeing the dancing so much, I'd see it again. Just don't plan on getting a manicure right after you see it. :whistle:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:19 am

I do agree that the sex scenes were mostly gratuitous...the one between Julianne and Annette made us laugh! You know why.... :wink:

I said to my Mom the 1st time J & M got together, "I'm not buying it." :hrmpf: We also thought it ended abruptly. But it's one that I kept thinking about now and again once it was over and I like it better than I thought I did. :)

I do plan to see Black Swan next...and I'm expecting to relive the feelings I had when Jeff Goldblum removed his nails and teeth in The Fly. :shock:
:lol:
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:46 am

I know Geoffery is a common way to spell Jeffrey but that doesn't make it okay - LOL - the Geoff's I've known always get called Gee Off by me, just to mess with them.

Aw I wuv me some Mark Ruffalo. He's dark & huggalicious in the same way Jemaine is (though not as hot). Was he nekkid?
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:30 am

Eeeeeewwww! I cannot stand Mark Ruffalo! It may be that the first movie I saw him in was that one with Joaquin Phoenix and Jennifer Connelly, where he hit and killed their son and didn't stop. I don't know, I just go eewww when I see him as a romantic lead. And yes, he is most definitely nekkid in The Kids....

Isn't that weird, how our perceptions of people are so different? He turns me off, and he turns you guys on? So strange.

Speaking of Annette Bening, I just saw Bugsy again - boy, does she glow in every scene she's in! Plus, she and Warren Beatty were falling in love during the filming, and it's always fun to go back and watch their love scenes. :couple:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:25 am

Well, you guys just sold me on The Kids are All Right. Gratituous sex and flopping. Sign me up! 8) I like Mark Ruffalo as well and agree about his huggableness. I've only seen him in films like 13 going on 30, though. Glad to hear I can see him naked. Yay!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Nancy wrote:Eeeeeewwww! I cannot stand Mark Ruffalo! It may be that the first movie I saw him in was that one with Joaquin Phoenix and Jennifer Connelly, where he hit and killed their son and didn't stop.

I don't know what movie that was but perhaps this image of real life Mark will make you change your mind about him. :eyelashes:

I think he was naked in some other movie with Meg Ryan if I'm not correctly mistaken and I liked his nerd look in Eternal Sunshine.

Julianne Moore has been naked a few times. I give her credit for having the balls to do it but I don't find her attractive in any way so the more covered up she is the better.
90% evil
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:28 pm

SW, that photo is so sweet.

I am a Mark Ruffalo fan. I really liked him in 'You Can Count On Me' with Laura Linney, 'My Life Without Me' and he was adorable in 'View From The Top'.

In his personal life he has dealt with difficult circumstances. He discovered that he had a brain tumor, had surgery, it was benign. He had partial paralyzation in his face after surgery, he overcame that. His brother was shot and killed a couple years ago. He is not jaded, he talks about how these things have made him see and appreciate his life. He seems very warm and friendly in interviews. I think he's one of the good ones.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Yeah, and don't forget how cuddly he looks. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”