Confessions

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: Confessions

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:12 pm

I LOVE Clueless.
I miss the days when I could eat a whole box...
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Y'all are killing me over here :roll2:

.. .. I will admit to feigning incompetence at every possible opportunity :worry: :P :lol: also to polishing off a theatre sized box of Crows and breathing on my sister :twisted:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi, my name is Val and I'm a Jemainiac.

*ahem*

Oh, and I have a disgusting addiction to Ramen. Seriously, I don't know if it's because I crave sodium but it's like crack to me.
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:46 pm

i love clueless and duran duran! :D
that's frozen cool...

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:20 am

Emafer wrote:I like Duran Duran and Velveeta "Cheese". Sometimes at the same time.

I had never tasted Velveeta until I met my husband 4 years ago. Apparently in St. Louis it is a staple for just about every kitchen and he'd NEVER had Kraft mac 'n cheese out of a box (no tangy powdered cheese?! Madness). So after I whip up a box of that for him he tells me he wants to make me his kind of mac and cheese. Game on!

This leads to a trip to the grocery store (da Jewels for youse fellow Chicagoans) where he heads over to the [refrigerated] dairy section. He paces back and forth looking quite perplexed at the lack of Velveeta bricks nestled between the milk and yogurt. So we ask one of the stock guys if they have Velveeta and he says "yeah." Husband then asks if stock guy is sure since there are not any in the dairy case...stock guy responds "why would it be? It's fake. We keep it by the crackers in aisle 4."

jillbean

Postby jillbean » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:22 am

closet jemainiac wrote:WHATEVER! *makes W with fingers and thumbs*

If you dont like and watch everything Paul Rudd's in, then quite frankly...I have no use for you :hrmpf:
Just tell that to your cinemaphile friends!

And who DOESNT eat an entire box of mac and cheese?!

:D

Re: Paul Rudd :love: and mac and cheese: Hellz yeah!

p.s.
love your new profile pic!

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:16 am

Velveeta makes THE BEST grilled cheese. Period.
Spandex Inspector #12

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:35 am

jillbean wrote:Husband then asks if stock guy is sure since there are not any in the dairy case...stock guy responds "why would it be? It's fake. We keep it by the crackers in aisle 4."

If it is fake how can they call is a CHEESE food ?

I will readily confess that I have been making my AIM wee-mee hurl all afternoon (if you type spew, it makes the wee-mee hurl) I have been changing all my workd to contain spew (ex: spew - cial )
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:44 am

Velveeta, Cheez Wiz, milk & butter on top of sliced layered potatoes, baked to a golden goodness. Cheesy potato goodness. Yum. A staple in our family.

Val, that guy at da Jewel couldnt have been a true Chicagoan. No way. Im thinkin maybe for over dere in Wisconsin.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:51 am

I don't think I've ever eaten Velveeta or Cheez Whiz. Is it anything like the cheese sauce packet in those boxes of the Kraft Deluxe mac'n'cheese? As much as I like the simplicity of those boxes, there's nothing like homemade baked mac and cheese. There's just something about grating the cheese yourself that makes it so much more satisfying.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

jillbean

Postby jillbean » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:14 am

vmh wrote:I don't think I've ever eaten Velveeta or Cheez Whiz. Is it anything like the cheese sauce packet in those boxes of the Kraft Deluxe mac'n'cheese? As much as I like the simplicity of those boxes, there's nothing like homemade baked mac and cheese. There's just something about grating the cheese yourself that makes it so much more satisfying.

I have tried making homemade mac 'n cheese three different times all resulting in FAIL. I will soldier on though; at worst I am still eating warm cheese and pasta together. Mmmmm...

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:22 am

Confession: I never make the bed (unless I have guests). What's the point? A made bed is just begging to be messed up again.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

eejm

Postby eejm » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:32 am

1. I ran into a parked car with my mom's car when I was sixteen and then drove away. I told her I ran into the garage. I still haven't told her the truth, nor did I find out if the other car was damaged.

2. I used to watch the show Felicity religiously. I knew it was soapy drivel, but I loved it!

3. I haven't worn a slip since I was fifteen.

4. A friend of mine named her son Gary and it still makes me snicker.

5. I faked a migraine and left work one day just because I was really, really, really bored.

jillbean

Postby jillbean » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:44 am

eejm wrote:
2. I used to watch the show Felicity religiously. I knew it was soapy drivel, but I loved it!
I watched the first season...I ended up mad enough at her for not appreciating Noel that I did not resume viewing when season 2 started!

5. I faked a migraine and left work one day just because I was really, really, really bored.
Well done! Hey, as a fellow sufferer I say that using what we suffer through [legitimately] to get a day away is actually a preventative measure. What did you do with your day then?

onefeathertail
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onefeathertail » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:29 am

eejm wrote:I haven't worn a slip since I was fifteen.

I didn't even know what a slip was until now. :lol:

Return to “Off topic rambles”