New Zealand Fun Facts...

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
jess
New arrival

Postby jess » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:53 am

--> interruption...

if you're going to move anywhere in new zealand... you'd be mad not to pick wellington! :heart:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:36 pm

Well, that's a given, Jess. :) I'd go to Wellington for the music alone! :lalala:

Welcome, by the way. I don't suppose you're the TPF Jess?
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

jess
New arrival

Postby jess » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:32 pm

TPF? nope!

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:01 am

I just noticed on my millionth viewing the Fly My Pretties DVD that some of the old footage (I'm guessing the stuff used in Nato's Theme) is of the gannets on Cape Kidnappers mentioned on that site! Sure, that's probably only of interest to Andria, since I think she's the only one who's seen that bit, but still!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

MadMax
Top Bloke

Postby MadMax » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:20 pm

Hehe, bit late to the party.

I recognise some of those houses in Wellington. It's definitely a nice place to live. :P
"..you can't take the sky from me.."

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:31 am

I would give me eye teeth to live in Wellington... if I still had them. Wait - those I do have, but I can't afford to give them up.

One day... one day... *sigh*
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:56 am

Gayle wrote:I would give me eye teeth to live in Wellington... if I still had them. Wait - those I do have, but I can't afford to give them up.

One day... one day... *sigh*

I'm sure we'll invite you to the house warming when we move there :P And won't expect any teeth in return :shock:

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:45 pm

Oh Oh!! Can I come to? (you need to think about your answer very carefully, I may never leave!! :lol: )
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:28 am

Me too me too! Can I come visit? ;)
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:56 am

indigo_jones wrote:Here's a brief bit of info about Napier, NZ. Looks interesting.

Eww. Eeew!

Napier? No. Good God no. I grew up there. After moving to Wellington, then travelling back to Napier see family, I got to see it for the horrible place that it actually is. Gross. Over run with old people and bogans.

Although the architecture and history is interesting, do not waste your time or money on this place. The best thing to do is pretend it doesn't exist.

I agree with Jess. Wellington all the way!
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:52 pm

Sherry, Are you serious? You guys are moving to NZ?

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:07 pm

Beck, you shouldn't have mentioned the architecture. I'm a sucker for architecture. But don't worry, Wellington is still tops on the list for me, if I ever manage to make it there.

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:42 am

indigo_jones wrote:Beck, you shouldn't have mentioned the architecture. I'm a sucker for architecture. But don't worry, Wellington is still tops on the list for me, if I ever manage to make it there.

I'd have to recommend Wellington to anyone. Although it's small in terms of large cities, it's a really good size cause you can walk everywhere! And it's impossible to get lost, somehow all of the streets all link to one another!

If you don't mind the awesome wind-swept look, it's a wicked place.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:23 pm

Deirdre wrote:Sherry, Are you serious? You guys are moving to NZ?

Hehe. Not at this present time. However, Max has lived there for a couple of years and loves it there. His being an Aussie meant he was/is able to live and work there. We plan on visiting sometime in the not too distant future, and have also discussed the possibility of relocating there, if and when the time is right for us. Its somewhere he would like to live there again and I've lived overseas for a number of years and would be happy to do so again, so its very possible NZ will be somewhere we end up. I've yet to visit, but when we go, if I like it, it'll be somewhere we both will look to as a future home.

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:49 am

Very cool Sherry!

Is NZ as strict about people living/working there as Australia is? I've always thought Australia has an interesting plan with the "Show us you've got something our own people don't have and maybe we'll let you live here" way of running things.
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Return to “Off topic rambles”