New Zealand Fun Facts...

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:09 pm

Johnnyp wrote:7-time Motorcycle Roadracing World Champion Valentino Rossi races a car in the World Rally Championship in New Zealand.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Rossi- ... 140295.htm

And finishes a respectable 11th place.

Quite impressive. The guy can drive, no doubt about it 8)

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:13 pm

I thought the guy was passing people and not getting back in the correct lane. :doh: Lovely scenery, though. :D

specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby specialkay » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:01 am

Lovely friends (that I havent chatted with in "many moons") ;)... I HAD to come by and share with you all that my dreams of getting to the wonderful country of New Zealand had finally come true!!! :partyman:
I left last year and was not planning on coming back however, due to some unexpected events, :| I had to return...
ANYHOO...
THAT is the most captivating, most beautiful place I have EVER been in my entire life. Mind you, eating at fast food places like Burger King or McDonalds will eventually break you as the combo's are around $9 and a pack of cigg's are $14!! *Great time to quit smoking but hey ;)*
The culture and the poeple are so beautiful, so freindly, you never meet a stranger and everyone speaks to you! It was always a pleasure just to talk to people...anywhere! The music there...Oh my gosh...Can you identify with how here we are more inclined to go with what is popular? Well, there they are so free with thier music, its not a popularity contest as such. They have so many talents, FOTC being one...so many talented musicians who tour there and you can actually AFFORD to go see them, and they allow you to "mingle" with them, so approachable!!
I cant say enough about the place. I was mainly on the North Island outside of Aucks in a little place called Tauranga but the places I saw were so captivating. And real estate...GEEZ...if you ever have the opportunity, BUY BUY BUY :) I will try to think of some other things to tell you when i have more time and if anyone has a question, please dont hesitate to ask! :)
Yes petrol (gas) is cheaper!! teehee
Missed everyone and hope you all are having a great New Year!! :rock:

Ah...P.S. there ARE spiders there!!! and slugs, and heaps of flies...
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:22 pm

Welcome back Ms Kay :cheer: :woohoo: :cheer: :woohoo: :cheer:

Great to hear you've been in NZ and having a great time there. Looking forward very much to hearing more about it and seeing the pics :)

I'm sure the others will be along sometime soon to catch up.

:rock: <-- Just for you :P

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:41 pm

Well, Howdy, Kay! Glad to see you around :D and most happy to hear you went to New Zealand. Love!
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:44 am

Andria wrote:Well, Howdy, Kay! Glad to see you around :D and most happy to hear you went to New Zealand. Love!

Fancy you both being there and not bumping in to each other :shock:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Sherry wrote:
Andria wrote:Well, Howdy, Kay! Glad to see you around :D and most happy to hear you went to New Zealand. Love!

Fancy you both being there and not bumping in to each other :shock:

Yes but imagine the carnage if that had happened.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:32 pm

Heh. That reminds me of one of the night Andria and I saw The Phoenix Foundation and somehow started joking about carnage caused by bumping into someone. So yes, bumping into Andria isn't something to take lightly. ;)

I'm so glad you got to go, Kay, and I hope you get to go back soon. I also hope we get to see more of you around here, as well.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:26 pm

:lol:

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:18 am

yes indeedy, i hope to be around more too!! Thank you for the welcomes back :smiles:
I do plan on going back in a few months :yay: And its great hearing from you, wouldnt have minded BUMPING into you ladies...anywhere for that matter ;)
Good to see theres some peeps here i know, its grown so much! But then hey, so have the FOTC :supz:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)

~KAREN~

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:33 pm

I had to share a bit of trivia I found out today on another board where FotC is being discussed.

'Ten Guitars' is one of our unofficial national anthems. It was the b-side of Engelbert Humperdinck's 'Please Release Me' in 1967, and quickly eclipsed the a-side. An actual television documentary has been made about how much we love that song!

This bit of info was posted by an actual kiwi, in relation to a video of Bret and two other WIUO members performing the song Ten Guitars. Those of you who have been around here a while will understand why I guffawed upon reading that.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:16 am

INKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:31 am

AHAHA! I totally didn't know that! I mean I knew the song and everything, but I had no idea of its Humperdinck connections :shock:
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

rcaste
Lost but happy at sea

Postby rcaste » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:19 am

Gayle wrote:
EvilMoose wrote:85% of New Zealand's native flowering plants grow only in New Zealand.

New Zealand has no native land mammals.

That's really interesting. So, I wonder if their Zoo is full of cats and dogs and squirrels.

I used to work at the Auckland Zoo as a summer job for two summers. They have a decent range of animals.. although it'd take you only 60 mins to tour the entire Zoo. And yes.. they had sheep to pet.

Fun fact (not sure if this was already posted). Did you know that NZ has no snakes at all, well at least no terrestrial ones. I remember one of the biggest news item was that they found a snake skin in some park.

Anyone from Auckland or Toronto here?

FanBase

NZ Realtor in LV

Postby FanBase » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:52 pm

:nice: btw...

I was so excited yesterday b/c the mister and I went house hunting and guess where my realtor is from? New Zealand! I thought I recognized the accent instantly (thanks to many episodes of FotC). :) And yes, it was rrrandom. I didn't specifically make the request. :wink: I just thought it was interesting considering that I live in Las Vegas.

Anyway...he said that the NZ dollar is pretty strong considering that the country is inhabited by only 4 million people. According to him, the conversion rate is about 90 cents to the dollar. I don't remember which way though (US to NZ).

He also mentioned that gas prices in NZ are high with the price per gallon at about $6.50. Wow. :shock: He says you won't see big trucks like F150's and that you're likelier to see Corollas and other compact cars. Interesting. :geek:
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

Return to “Off topic rambles”