Music discussion (bands/singers/gigs/albums....etc)

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:49 pm

Can anybody here read Dutch ? This is where I'll be on May 4th. We're the opening act listed as Chris Zalez. They had already promoted it that way because of Chris playing there before but we will also be adding some Tejas Brothers stuff to the show.

Homepage
http://www.moulinblues.nl/home

Schedule
http://www.moulinblues.nl/festival/2007/lineup

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:53 pm

Hmm let me see

Nieuws
1 minuut stilte

Zoals bekend valt de eerste dag van Moulin Blues samen met de dag van de Nationale Dodenherdenking. Daarom vragen we iedereen om op die dag om 20 uur, net voor het optreden van Danny Bryant's RedEyeBand, één minuut stilte in acht te nemen voor alle Nederlandse oorlogsslachtoffers. We rekenen op je medewerking!

It says roughly that the first day of the Moulin Blues is the day of rememberance also. They ask that everyone at 8pm, before Danny Bryant's band comes on, that there is a minutes silence for all the Nederlandse people fallen.

Promo-spot Moulin Blues 2007

De nieuwe promo-spot voor de 22e editie is nu te beluisteren!
Deze spot zal de komende tijd regelmatig te horen zijn op Arrow Rock Radio en L1 radio. Je kunt ook de promo-spot downloaden.

The new promo from the 22nd edition (?) is now available to listen to. It will regularly appear on Arrow Rock Radio. You can also download the promo spot.

Vraag een nummer aan van Los Lobos en The Electrophonics!

Zowel Los Lobos als The Electrophonics bieden de mogelijkheid om invloed uit te oefenen op de setlist die zij spelen op Moulin Blues 2007. Welk favoriet nummer wil jij graag horen van deze bands? Bij The Electrophonics kun je kiezen uit 5 verschillende nummers via een webpoll op hun site, bij Los Lobos kun je zelf een nummer aangeven. Laat je stem dus horen en bepaal mee!

Ask Los Lobos and The Electrophonics to play one of their songs. You can have your input on the playlist. The Electrophonics you can vote for the top 5 in a webpoll on their site and Los Lobos you can just suggest your own number/song. Let your voice be heard.

Hallo Blues-fan! Zoals je kunt zien is een en ander gewijzigd hier. Vanaf dit jaar zal de website van Moulin Blues een actievere rol gaan spelen, vandaar dat we besloten hebben om dit te vieren met een facelift. De oude website hebben we met pensioen gestuurd naar roots.moulinblues.nl. Natuurlijk zijn we erg benieuwd wat jij van de website vindt dus we nodigen je van harte uit om je commentaar hieronder te plaatsen. Blijf onze site regelmatig checken want we hebben nog een en ander in petto.

Welcome to the new website. Things have changed here. From this year Moulin Blues is going to play a more active part, therefore the website facelift. The old website has been pensioned off to roots.moulinblues.nl .

Sorry its so rushed as I don't have time to do a full on translation but it'll give people an idea I hope. I'll get to the rest later for you :)

Very cool btw. Should be good :) When do you arrive there? Are you on a tour?

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:56 pm

Very cool. No we are just going over for one day and coming back home. They've made the trip worth it money wise. They are paying all airfare and hotel accomodations and paying us a pretty decent wage for our performance. Thank you for the translation.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:04 pm

That's awesome, JP! Congrats and have a great time!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Tue May 01, 2007 3:53 am

Roger that and thanks !!! 8)

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Tue May 01, 2007 4:47 am

Were flying out Wednesday morning and coming back on Sunday.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue May 01, 2007 10:44 am

Sherry wrote:Vraag een nummer aan van Los Lobos en The Electrophonics!

Zowel Los Lobos als The Electrophonics bieden de mogelijkheid om invloed uit te oefenen op de setlist die zij spelen op Moulin Blues 2007. Welk favoriet nummer wil jij graag horen van deze bands? Bij The Electrophonics kun je kiezen uit 5 verschillende nummers via een webpoll op hun site, bij Los Lobos kun je zelf een nummer aangeven. Laat je stem dus horen en bepaal mee!

I didn't translate that as well as I could have. It actually says that you can vote and choose from 5 different songs by The Electrophonics on their site. Not vote for the top 5 :roll: Everything else seems pretty much correct though :)

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Tue May 01, 2007 2:58 pm

Congrats JP!

And Sherry, another talent! Good for you.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Wed May 02, 2007 12:24 am

Thank You Miss D. Tell Seth hello !!!

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Wed May 02, 2007 1:09 am

He says Hi to you as well. :wave:

And for the parliamentarians around here :topic:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri May 04, 2007 2:38 pm

We're at the hotel waiting on the van to come and pick us up for soundcheck. This is going to be great. I'll post some pics when I get back.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri May 04, 2007 11:54 pm

Johnnyp wrote:We're at the hotel waiting on the van to come and pick us up for soundcheck. This is going to be great. I'll post some pics when I get back.

Looking forward to hearing how it all went 8)

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat May 05, 2007 7:31 pm

Well everything has been amazing. In fact Los Lobos invited our accordian and guitar player to sit in with them !!!!!! Very very 8)

Just google Los Lobos to find out who they are. One of the alltime great American bands

onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onewithdog » Tue May 08, 2007 1:51 am

I found this guy on THE RADIO!

From the press release
New York, NY --- Wind-up Records has signed Canadian artist Jeremy Fisher and plans the imminent release of his U.S. debut, GOODBYE BLUE MONDAY. The critically acclaimed singer-songwriter's album will be available on August 28, 2007. The signing covers The World outside of Canada, where Fisher will remain on Aquarius Records.

Jeremy Fisher is a troubadour and storyteller. His emergence as one of Canada's brightest stars is a direct result of the massive audience he has built touring. In true DIY spirit, Fisher supported his independent debut via a cross country tour on his bicycle, performing wherever the opportunity presented itself. That work ethic, and continual touring, has delivered a fan base that continues to grow exponentially on a monthly basis.

Fisher's homemade video for the song "Cigarette" has emerged as the first viral firestorm for 2007. Since the clip was posted to YouTube, it has been viewed 1,441,180 times as of this writing. As was the case with OK Go, the public has spoken. For a peak at the video, click this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGn0q1zoibw

On signing with Wind-up, Jeremy Fisher offered, "I feel better than ever about making music and art and videos, getting more involved with every aspect of my career. Signing with independently-minded label Wind-up Records is really exciting because I'll have the chance to work with truly interesting people to get my music heard in other parts of the world."

Wind-up President Ed Vetri shared, "Jeremy Fisher is a great talent. He has a growing audience in Canada, and with the YouTube phenomenon around "Cigarette", is building a significant level of awareness here in the U.S. and around The World. He has a bright future, and with his ability to tour with the DIY ethic, a perfect artist for Wind-up Entertainment to enter in to a partnership with." Fisher has entered in to agreements with Wind-up Records, its affiliated merchandising company Pronto Merch, and the Wind-up Development Corp.

www.winduprecords.com
www.myspace.com/jeremyfisher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGn0q1zoibw

I imported the album, it rocks and is very....... um.....well it rocks.
Here are some very cool videos to go with em.

Cigarette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGn0q1zoibw

The Scar That Never Heals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8hOPs0g2nk

Jolene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFhg6APgibM

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun May 13, 2007 9:35 am

Here's a link to some photos from the festival.

http://www.moulinblues.nl/album/moulin-blues-2007

Return to “Off topic rambles”