Design My Way

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:03 am

Will take pictures, I promise.

Had a lovely time chatting tonight!

Right now I must go to bed. Apparently in the ground... :goodnight:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:04 am

buona notte!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SayWhat?
Half a shapely halibut

Postby SayWhat? » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:08 am

jm513 wrote:This pic:

Link

Those are very pretty, and would look lovely in Mrs. J-M's bath. Those slats ... $98/panel of stretched fabric? Reproducing them with paint is better(for a bathroom) and considerably cheaper. As an added bonus, the cats can play in there and pretend they are in some jungle grasslands! :wink:
****Brezhnev's Eyebrows' One Fan, I mean, Number One Fan!!!!****

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:19 am

Those slats ... $98/panel of stretched fabric? Reproducing them with paint is better(for a bathroom) and considerably cheaper.

That's what I love about DIY. Especially pictures. It's the kind of thing I know I can do myself for so much less money. I saw a picture in Urban Outfitters that I really liked, but didn't want to spend the money on it, particularly since it wasn't really the size I needed. So I painted it myself and it's now hanging in the bathroom, too. Even better, even if it gets messed up, I can always repaint.

I'm thinking of doing these Blik wall sticker things (the bird wallfly design) in our blue room, except once again, I'll paint my own, rather than buy the expensive stickers.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:45 pm

jm513 wrote:
Johnnyp wrote:Well lets just say she's seen it and I might just get lucky tonight :nana: :smooch:

:rolls:
I was just about to ask what her response was!!!! It really is beautiful!! When I get my old victorian home I'll commission some work from you :D

You got it.

As far as Michelle seeing the "get lucky" post and it killing the mood well she said it first. :nana:

I also have never really thought about light blue with brown very interesting. Oddly it happens in nature all the time. :lol:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:08 am

The bathroom painting is complete. I've been painting the grass images on the wall over the big spa tub and I'm really happy with how it has all turned out. I had put the glass shelves in late last year, but the space just needed a little something more. The light from the skylight really works nicely with the paintings.

Artificial and natural light:
Natural light:

The candles and the glass vases are all a deep rich purple, which complements the amethyst in the master bathroom.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:32 am

Brava Diva!! Beautiful and very impressive! I particularly admire the way the blue in the glass mirrors the blue in your painting, as well as the colors in the candles. Very nice.

AND if you squint, it looks like a smilie face. :D

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:36 am

Hee! It does look like a smilie face!

The glass vases and the candles are actually purple, rather than blue, but the colors still work nicely together. The glass shelves have a blue tint to them, which does tie in to the blue in the painting.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:38 am

That kicks butt Indi. Very 8) nipples

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:40 am

indigo_jones wrote:Hee! It does look like a smilie face!

The glass vases and the candles are actually purple, rather than blue, but the colors still work nicely together. The glass shelves have a blue tint to them, which does tie in to the blue in the painting.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear - that's what I meant about the blue glass and the purple candles. It looks like it was professionally done. :clap:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:44 am

Yeah, I realized after the fact that you were referring to the glass in the shelves. :? :oops:

Thanks for the compliments. I'm quite proud, even if in person they do look a little shaky -- like an overcaffeinated hummingbird painted them!

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:06 am

Indi the shaky bits are character marks. Screw the man

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:08 am

I like to think of it as grass in a whirlwind! :lol:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:10 am

Oooh look at the pretty grass whipping around :wink:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:01 am

Wowza, Jones! Very nicely done, indeed. I'm crap at painting, so I'm ever more impressed.
I really like how the grass looks warm in the artificial/natural light and cool in the natural light.

Cool Nipples!
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Return to “Off topic rambles”