Design My Way

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:20 pm

Very cool!!! I love the grass idea, Indy. And the colors are awesome - will you be using the same color scheme? As a person who loves chocolate brown, I am glad to see it show up in all kinds of combos lately. Be sure you post the final result!!!! :D
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:28 pm

I think I will keep the same colors. Our bedroom is done in amethyst and chocolate and I've carried some of the amethyst into the bathroom with floor mats, but I think the blue and burnt umber that I'm going to use in the painting will work out ok. I want to keep a light, airy feel to the bathroom, since it's all off-white and with the skylight over the tub. I want a spa feel to it.

Now I just have to make myself actually start the project. That's the hardest part -- making the first move.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:36 pm

Ooooh... cool. That's going to look fantastic!!!

Unfortunately, the first step to redoing my master bath means weilding a sledge hammer :shock: It's done in 1' sq black marble tiles, gold and fixtures,. Ugly. Ugly. Ugly.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:40 pm

Ooooh... cool. That's going to look fantastic!!!

Unfortunately, the first step to redoing my master bath means weilding a sledge hammer :shock: It's done in 1' sq black marble tiles, gold fixtures, dingy gold faux paint, and a weird border at the top. It's so tacky in there that I usually use the guest bath instead. Ugh. I haven't had the nerve to even begin working on it because it needs a full overhaul.

I've torn bathrooms apart before - literally. Took out the toilet and everything - in fact ripping things out is one of my favorite things to do. But I haven't tried to pry marble up before and it has me frightened.

Has anyone pulled up marble tile before? If so, how was it?

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:48 pm

Well it depends. Are you trying to save the marble tile ?

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:49 pm

Johnnyp wrote:Well it depends. Are you trying to save the marble tile ?

No. I have no use for it - I suppose I could sell or something, but it's not important for it to be saved.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:13 pm

Once you get one of them removed you should be able to use a floor craper to get underneath them and pry them up. Another tool you might look into is a wide chisel. Like this

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:45 pm

Johnnyp wrote:Once you get one of them removed you should be able to use a floor craper to get underneath them and pry them up. Another tool you might look into is a wide chisel. Like this

Thanks! I was hoping it was that easy, that ugly marble tile wasn't held in place by alien adhesives that can only be removed by laser vision.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:49 am

OK here's the surprise window I made for Michelle. I'll put it in while she's at work tomorrow. I'll post more after I get it installed. The light will be better.

Click HERE

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:54 am

Jp I love those colors!!!! She's going to love it! Definitely show us pics after it is installed!! :D
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:59 am

She dropped hints awhile back about something with lime green and yellow. Its was up to me to try and find other colors to compliment it. Thanks Jess

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:03 am

Well you did a great job! It's beautiful!
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:14 am

It's wonderful, JP! She's going to love it! Especially since you made it yourself. That's makes it even better.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:15 am

JP! I love the window - so beautiful! And I agree, the colors are great - well done! :clap: Michelle is going to flip!

Return to “Off topic rambles”