Design My Way

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:08 am

Ooh, lovely - brawny... uh... blue is lovely in a bedroom.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:27 am

Deirdre wrote:So yeah, I'm gonna paint my bedroom an ocean shade of blue. I am just not sure which one. In Hawaii I saw shades of blue I didn't know existed. :dunno:

*laughing at the fact that I almost wrote Brawny man*

Ocean blue, very cool! Did you see the picture that indy posted earlier?
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:35 am

Perhaps I've had too much wine tonight, but which picture are you talking about Jess? :puzzled: :drinkers: :oops:

Even though I'm all about the skinny artistic types these days, even I got a bit warm with that wood-chopping description!

Depending on how motivated I get tomorrow, I might finally get to work on the paintings for the bathroom. maybe.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:37 am

indigo_jones wrote:Depending on how motivated I get tomorrow, I might finally get to work on the paintings for the bathroom. maybe.

The pictures you linked to when talking about your planned bathroom painting :D

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:39 am

Oh! No wonder. :roll: I just looked back through all the posts to see what Indy wrote about blue. Absolutely nothin'. :P

I'll have to see what Jess did later. My eldest daughter has requested to use the computer... about 45 minutes ago. :eh:

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:41 am

This pic:

Link

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:44 am

indigo_jones wrote: Even though I'm all about the skinny artistic types these days, even I got a bit warm with that wood-chopping description!

Heee... funny.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:45 am

I thought maybe that's what you meant, but as I'm sitting here in my blue room -- which you can see a tiny bit of in one of the photos I posted -- I wasn't sure.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:10 am

oops..

I totally didn't follow that. But now I get it. Thanks for the link. I never even thought of brown with light blue. It is a color that keeps with the calm feeling. I was thinking of a solf gold as the contrast color. I have a nice novelty yarn with the colors I want to use. I'm going to knit valences for my windows with it.

I've already done a really pretty pink/purple/orange with strands of sparkely gold one for my little girl's room. And I have an olive green/lavendar/sage/purple with papery ribbons one done for the office/my special space room. That one is wating for when I get around to painting that room an opalescent pale lavendar. I haven't actually seen the paint yet. It's still in my imagination. And that's where it's gonna stay till I paint my bright yellow bedroom a calming ocean blue. :hrmpf:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:17 am

I love blues and greens in a bedroom. Right now I've got a green called Kuai (as in the island). Really muted and calming. Then I painted a tree on one wall that has lilac colored blossoms, so against the green they really stand out and look almost luminescent. I'll try to get a photo of it.

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:29 am

Yes, please. :D

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:33 am

Deirdre, have i told you how much I love your enthusiasm! So nice.

The battery is dead on my camera, but luckily there are places not far from here that can help me with that. I'll do it tomorrow. I've been meaning to do it anyway, as mi madre wants a photo of it. :D

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:41 am

You are so cool. 8) I have never met a squirrel who could speak Spanish before.

And maybe I can get some pics of my knitting so you can see the colors I am working with.

See ya manana. Just pretend there's a little thingy over the first n.
:zzz:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:43 am

G'night!!

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:00 am

I love light blue and brown together. I think it's a lovely combo. My college withing a university had that color combo. The university itself had light blue and green. Great taste in colors that school had!

I'm fond of the light green myself. That's why I did our half-bath in light green with blue accents. The lavender/purple combo with the light green is also really nice.

I want to see pictures!

Return to “Off topic rambles”