Presenting the talents of all who post here

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Presenting the talents of all who post here

Postby Sherry » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:16 am

OK, so that was a bit of a fib. Not everyone who posts here is going to share with us in this thread, but some might. Didn't want to miss anyone out was all :roll:

Anyways, its been suggested that it might be nice to have a thread devoted to the talents of the members here. A place they can post pics of their art. I thought it would be nice to expand it and pretty much open the floor to other talents also (unless you are one of those bendy people who can touch your nose with your little toe, via over your shoulder or something. I can live without seeing that :shock: :lol: ) So art, poetry, short stories, pictures, cake decorating, interior designing, hell, any designing, you get the picture :)

I'll leave it to all of you.

Cheers

Sherry

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:14 am

Ooo show and tell :D Fun
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:21 am

If you're showing I'm tellin'

Ok here goes

This is the first panel I ever built. It is 16"x16". It was designed by my cool boss lady Bernadette.
http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_p ... window.jpg

These were also designed by Bern. The man wanted to cut down the glare on his TV. So he had us make these.
http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_p ... G_1358.jpg
Closer pic
http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_p ... G_1354.jpg

We've made two of these. They are made from glass we scavenged from vintage panels. We had to do that to match the vintage panels that these will end up going with. Its a little tense when you're building things and you don't have any extra stuff to work with. Do not even think of making a mistake. If you do off with your head.
http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_p ... CF1850.JPG

I posted this one awhile back. Its my first all original design and build. I made it for Gavin's school auction. Hey it made a whoppin $140.00. I have since dubbed myself 140 around the shop. Anytime I get a little big headed with my ideas all they've got to say is OK 140 thats about all we need out of you :lol:
http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_p ... F1487z.jpg

Pineapple
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Pineapple » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:10 am

Woah awesome :shock: My mum did a course and made a lampshade once but that's outta the park! I like the one that sold for $140 especially :)
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:35 am

Thanks. 8)

_pip_pop_
New arrival

Postby _pip_pop_ » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:45 am

:shock: Those are amazing!

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:56 am

Thank you Pip

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:59 pm

Whoah! I must have been so blown away by them, I forgot to actually comment! Those truly are fantastic, JP! What a lovely talent to have!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:17 am

indigo_jones wrote:Whoah! I must have been so blown away by them, I forgot to actually comment! Those truly are fantastic, JP! What a lovely talent to have!

Yes but they don't smell good like that stuff you make.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:56 am

These were completed last week.

http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_p ... G_2214.jpg

http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_p ... G_2228.jpg

You know the rest of you are holding out. Put up some stuff already.

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:09 am

First of all, those are awesome Johnny, just like the rest of them.

And second of all, OK I consider this my greatest achievement so far simply because I haven't done a heck of a lot else in my thirteen years, not cos I think it's great in itself.

I came fourth overall in the NZ Spelling Bee this year, that's fourth in the Year Nine population of NZ, I got a medal (lol) which I can't post a pic of cos well our digital camera is ancient and not working right now but I can post the link to the spelling bee website of finalists

(link's gone)

...and a link to the Television New Zealand website to see the video of the news article which I am in for a second at the very beginning (sounding like a boy because anything that records is my arch enemy). You'll recognise the glasses...

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/506420/693075 (click on the video link under the photo)

OK I feel like a geek already so come on people, post something and divert from my spelling-ness!
Last edited by Pineapple on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:15 am

www.faviqawal.deviantart.com (in my profile, i think, but hey, a little bit of redundancy never hurt anybody, and also it doesn't hurt to do it again even though i already did it.) search around if you wanna and you can see my drawing, photography, poetry, and crappity mouse drawings, too. :)
not so much a virgin as much as a...well, virgin. and 27, too. really quite amazing. god i'm depressed.

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:26 am

Awesome art!!!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:46 pm

Yes but they don't smell good like that stuff you make.

Hmmm. Maybe we could work out a way to infuse my scents in your stained glass! :) I like the most recent stuff you've posted, as well. That's lovely!

Congrats on the spelling bee success, Meli! That's an awesome achievement!

Fawad, I really like your b&w photography. Beautiful!

I've been feeling more inspired recently to pick up the pencils and paintbrushes again -- something I haven't done in a few years. Maybe today will be the day to throw myself back into it all.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:13 pm

Congrats Meli !!!

Fawad seems to be a lot more talented and intelligent then he lets on.

Scented glass.hmmmmm. I like it.

Yes Indi you must throw yourself back into it. Now thats an order !!!

Return to “Off topic rambles”