Presenting the talents of all who post here

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Ratashak
Keeping it funky

Re: Presenting the talents of all who post here

Postby Ratashak » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:23 am

Hello, artistic, delirious, dog-groomer. Chapel Hill, a nice place in NC. I lived for 3 years in Winston-Salem as I earned my masters in science education from Wake Forest University. Nice place, but a few too many rich people on campus for my comfort, being a girl from working class folks in Nebraska. Loved the weather in NC except maybe July and August. You have a very ecclectic artistic style. The llama collage and alien constipation on one hand then the types with color everywhere and pleasing angelic/celestial features. Your my space page says you don't find yourself attractive, hope you were being modest, looks to me like you've got plenty of interest to attract.

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:40 pm

Awww...thanks!

I know what you mean about this being a more affluent area with people to match. I'm from a farming town in Texas orginally. I like it here though, the weather is nice and I love all the trees. I've been through winston-salem but I don't remember much about it.

I tend to think of myself as a hairy troll lol. Thanks for thinking otherwise though! :)
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

ParanoidAndroid
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:49 am

Sooo...I am basically obsessed with The Dark Knight and the viral marketing for it and came up with this little number last night.
:worry:
"We'll have puppet shows. Or use them when we're writing scripts"-Bret

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:10 am

indigo_jones wrote:Emafer, my knitting is limited to stuff that doesn't really require much more than squares and rectangles, as well. This is about as fancy as I've gotten so far. (They're handwarmers, by the way.)

Awesome! Did you knit them in the round or did you knit them flat and sew them together? I made some similar but with ribbing and I knit them flat and then sewed.

I used to knit scarves and afghans - the exact same zigzag pattern, lots of strips made up the afghan, one strip was a scarf. That's as far as I got. I really enjoyed it, and I don't know why I stopped, but now three cats would make it difficult to keep "unheery".

Nancy,

Nice. I don't have the patience ot make anything really large. I really love quick projects. As far at the kitty hair issue, who cares! Your projects will jove have a little extra love :D

For me knitting is super theraputic and soothing. I especially love kniting in the round beucase you don't ever have to switch needles. I take my knitting everywhere. I don't fly without it. I admit, I've become a bit obsessive. If either of you are on Ravelry you should hit me up. I like that place. I should really spend more time there.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:27 pm

I haven't tried knitting in the round yet, so I just knit flat and then seam. I did buy some dpns right before I moved, but now I'm not sure I actually packed them. :roll: I want to make a neck wrap to match the more pastel set of hand warmers. I'm fairly happy so far with the more simplistic projects. ;)

I am on ravelry, but I haven't been there in a while. I'll have to try it out again, although I've got pillow and painting projects that really need to be done first.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:23 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I haven't tried knitting in the round yet, so I just knit flat and then seam. I did buy some dpns right before I moved, but now I'm not sure I actually packed them. :roll: I want to make a neck wrap to match the more pastel set of hand warmers. I'm fairly happy so far with the more simplistic projects. ;)

I am on ravelry, but I haven't been there in a while. I'll have to try it out again, although I've got pillow and painting projects that really need to be done first.

DPN's SUCK! I hate them. They are cumbersome and miserable... in my humble opinion hahaha. I muuuuuuch prefer circulars. It's my goal to find some kind of adjusting circs so that I can knit small stuff on them instead of using DPN's.

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:05 pm

ParanoidAndroid wrote:Sooo...I am basically obsessed with The Dark Knight and the viral marketing for it and came up with this little number last night.

hehe That is awesome! Love it!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

aom192
Half a shapely halibut

Postby aom192 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm into art stuff...i havent wrked on a fotc painting yet
Ah Gandolf...I like what you've done with your beard.

We'll never make it...there's thousands of them and only about 8 of us!
Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!

ParanoidAndroid
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:06 am

ParanoidAndroid wrote:Sooo...I am basically obsessed with The Dark Knight and the viral marketing for it and came up with this little number last night.

Heehee thanks! I sent them a message though myspace, but they still haven't seen it.

Your Alien is flippin awesome!
And there is a new song called "Hurt feelings" I heard last saturday, and one of the lyrics involves Bret whining "I'm not a llama!" so your llama dealie is highly appropriate :D

"We'll have puppet shows. Or use them when we're writing scripts"-Bret

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:21 pm

Thank you! I want to hear the "hurt feelings" song now! hehe

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 am

I know nothing about dark night or the ads but I LOVE this! Then again, I'm just kind of dark and twisty like that.

poptartgirl

Postby poptartgirl » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:02 pm

Some of you might have guessed that I'm a bit of a music fanatic and an avid supporter of my local music scene in Austin :P :wink: .

I often take my pocket digital camera with me and snap away. It's a basic camera so a lot of the pics don't look that great but sometimes I get lucky and get some good shots.

Here are some pics of 2 of the bands I went to see last week : The Steps and Ideal Soul Mart (click on the images below to see the rest of the photos).

The Steps

Ideal Soul Mart

“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:01 am

Right on, very cool!

thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:14 am

I don't know if I want to call this a "talent", but I make some music on the computer, no vocals, just sounds.
http://www.myspace.com/kissmyaesthetic

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:48 am

Thanks for posting this, Stray - I'll have to come back and listen after the sound is fixed on my computer! :computer:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “Off topic rambles”