Presenting the talents of all who post here

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:48 am

Thank you.

faye
New arrival

Postby faye » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:49 am

I had completely forgotten I was a member of this forum! I'm not good at Internet.

Okay, I'll shamefully re-immerse myself with this thread since I'm really inspired.

I like to make up stories and do artsy fartsy things. I'm not very talented at any one thing, but I've got some range. When you decide to be a bum without a real job, it helps to have range.

No art to show, but I do have a band Myspace, if you can stand to look at that sort of thing. I play the bass guitar, and cello for acoustic sets.

http://www.myspace.com/medicinemenks
Last edited by faye on Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby FanBase » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:30 pm

faye wrote:http://www.myspace.com/spiderdragonfistfire

(Our name isn't really Spiderdragonfistfire. Well, it used to be, for a day or so. But go on and say it. In a heavy metal growl. You'll understand.)

Hey Faye, that is a cool myspace page. There are way too many myspace pages out there that are hard to read, tacky, etc. Your page, on the other hand, is clean and fun. I like the background best.
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:39 pm

While we're on the subject of web pages...I wanted to post a link to my home page: http://www.JemaineClementFanBase.com

I've cleaned it up and added a couple of new features. I'm really proud of it b/c Flash was my weakest subject during my design certification program. Thank you Sherry for posting a link to my site. It meant a lot to me. :D

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:31 am

Yes! Everyone should go and check out FanBases site! It's really brilliant.

I know i've told you this a zillion times already, but you've done such an incredible job with the Jemaine Clement Fan Base.

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:43 am

cassandrasnow wrote:Yes! Everyone should go and check out FanBases site! It's really brilliant.

I know i've told you this a zillion times already, but you've done such an incredible job with the Jemaine Clement Fan Base.

Aw, thanks. :hug:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:35 am

It is a very well put together site. 8)

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:18 am

After a really crappy day at work, it brightened up my day to hear Jemaine ask me if I wanted a kiss. My daughter heard that and said "YES!!!" She is so much like her mother. :eyelashes:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:03 am

Thanks guys. :yawinkle:

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:38 pm

I made a cameo appearance with a bunch of other folks in a local band's music video and it's finally finished for everyone to see ; the camera moves around quickly but I was in the front near the stage ; I have really short blonde hair and I was wearing a tank top.

The Ugly Beats - "The Light Comes On"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAEWfYQVFw8

Cheers,

Jennifer
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:32 am

poptartgirl wrote:I made a cameo appearance with a bunch of other folks in a local band's music video and it's finally finished for everyone to see ; the camera moves around quickly but I was in the front near the stage ; I have really short blonde hair and I was wearing a tank top.

Cheers,

Jennifer

That looks like fun! How did you get the gig? And did you wear your own 50's style dress, or did they have costumes?

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:19 pm

FanBase wrote:
poptartgirl wrote:I made a cameo appearance with a bunch of other folks in a local band's music video and it's finally finished for everyone to see ; the camera moves around quickly but I was in the front near the stage ; I have really short blonde hair and I was wearing a tank top. The blonde go-go dancer onstage was also the video director.

Cheers,

Jennifer

I'm friends with the band and they asked people to come to a downtown Austin club on a Saturday afternoon earlier this summer. They encouraged people to wear 60s attire if possible. I didn't have that so I just wore my Ugly Beats tank top and a skirt. You can see what the tank top looks like on their MySpace page : http://www.myspace.com/theuglybeats

That looks like fun! How did you get the gig? And did you wear your own 50's style dress, or did they have costumes?
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

~jesika~
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ~jesika~ » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:13 am

Here's some pictures that I made one night when I couldn't sleep.

Tell what you guys think.

"We just looked out' across the city from our little spot on the hilltop. Oh, It is so pretty from way up there. We talked about how the lights from the buildings and cars seemed like reflections of the stars that shined out so pretty and bright, that night."

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:21 pm

I like, I like! Abstract and fun. :thumb:

~jesika~
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ~jesika~ » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:27 pm

FanBase wrote:I like, I like! Abstract and fun. :thumb:

Thank you! :-) I'm not really a creative person. I just tend to throw down whatever falls outta my head when it comes to artsy stuff like this.
"We just looked out' across the city from our little spot on the hilltop. Oh, It is so pretty from way up there. We talked about how the lights from the buildings and cars seemed like reflections of the stars that shined out so pretty and bright, that night."

Return to “Off topic rambles”