Presenting the talents of all who post here

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:43 pm

One of my live music pics was a recent Photo of the Day on Blender.com :

http://www.blender.com/Photo-of-the-Day ... 25933.aspx
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:09 am

And you didn't even say hello?? :wink:
I've been working the door during SXSW at Red Eyed Fly since FOTC played there. I love that place- it's a classic Austin dive bar with loads of character. Most of the bars in Austin have become so homogenized, I guess for the hoards of yuppie condo-buying scum invading Austin.
:angelic: No- I'm not bitter, what makes you say that?

Next year- stop and say HI! I the short red-head at the door.

Oh yeah- great photos!

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:33 am

Cool pic Jen !!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:20 am

Yes, very cool photo!
I looked at some of your other pics - you have such a terrific smile. :D
I remember seeing a couple of the pics before. How did you ever get all those robots together? Very impressive!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

poptartgirl

Postby poptartgirl » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:39 pm

tvldiva wrote:And you didn't even say hello?? :wink:
I've been working the door during SXSW at Red Eyed Fly since FOTC played there. I love that place- it's a classic Austin dive bar with loads of character. Most of the bars in Austin have become so homogenized, I guess for the hoards of yuppie condo-buying scum invading Austin.

Oh yeah- great photos!

The photo that was featured in Blender was taken at Spiro's - the first time I ever set foot in that place.
As for Red Eyed Fly, I walk by that place on the way to Beerland, Beauty Bar, or Emo's :lol: I haven't been to Red Eyed Fly in ages. The bands I like don't seem to play there anymore. I didn't see any showcases during SXSW at Red Eyed Fly this year so that's why I didn't say hello :wink:
Nancy, as for the robots all lined up together, that was taken at a preview screening for the FOTC pilot episode at a local movie theatre just over a year ago. Whoever was doing the promotional stuff lined up all those foam mini-robots. I grabbed 2 of them, stood them next to each other, took their photo, and there you have my avatar :) .
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:17 pm

:oops: My bad, I guess I didn't look close enough. I thought it was Red Eyed Fly. I love the club, not usually the bands, but they usually have great showcases during SXSW. So- maybe next year, eh? :supz:

FYI- While the Fly usually has harder type music, they filmed a movie there in April with Vanessa Hudgens of "High School Musical". Movie money is really good but they might lose some street cred for that!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:41 am

poptartgirl wrote:
tvldiva wrote:And you didn't even say hello?? :wink:

Oh yeah- great photos!

The photo that was featured in Blender was taken at Spiro's - the first time I ever set foot in that place.
As for Red Eyed Fly, I walk by that place on the way to Beerland, Beauty Bar, or Emo's :lol: I haven't been to Red Eyed Fly in ages. The bands I like don't seem to play there anymore. I didn't see any showcases during SXSW at Red Eyed Fly this year so that's why I didn't say hello :wink:
Nancy, as for the robots all lined up together, that was taken at a preview screening for the FOTC pilot episode at a local movie theatre just over a year ago. Whoever was doing the promotional stuff lined up all those foam mini-robots. I grabbed 2 of them, stood them next to each other, took their photo, and there you have my avatar :) .

That looked like it took a lot of work. I'm glad you were able to get a photo as well as an avatar out of it. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

deliriumtree

Re: Presenting the talents of all who post here

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 am

Here is some examples of my work. You can see more if you like at my myspace. Enjoy! And yes, I know my art is weird lol.

http://www.myspace.com/elfinia
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:53 am

I've liked looking at all of this stuff.

I'm a knitter. I'm not great at it. I've only been knitting less than a year. But I have ak nitting blog with some of my pics. http://comeseeemilyplay.blogspot.com/ It also has a bunch of other rambling about rock and roll. But if you prefer to scroll through and look at the pictures I won't hold it against you :D

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:13 am

Emafer, perhaps you're the talented one to try to reproduce Bret's stripey sweater!!!??? :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:28 am

Beleive me Nancy, I've thought about it. But I've not ever knit a sweater before. I'm just done scarves and hats and dish rags and wash cloths and small things like that.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:18 am

Emafer, my knitting is limited to stuff that doesn't really require much more than squares and rectangles, as well. This is about as fancy as I've gotten so far. (They're handwarmers, by the way.)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:43 pm

I used to knit scarves and afghans - the exact same zigzag pattern, lots of strips made up the afghan, one strip was a scarf. That's as far as I got. I really enjoyed it, and I don't know why I stopped, but now three cats would make it difficult to keep "unheery".
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

HBThingy
Half a shapely halibut

Postby HBThingy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:39 pm

deliriumtree wrote:Here is some examples of my work. You can see more if you like at my myspace. Enjoy! And yes, I know my art is weird lol.

wahhhaaa! I love your collage and constipated alien. You should do comics 8)

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:56 pm

HBThingy wrote:
deliriumtree wrote:Here is some examples of my work. You can see more if you like at my myspace. Enjoy! And yes, I know my art is weird lol.

wahhhaaa! I love your collage and constipated alien. You should do comics 8)

Hmm...I've never thought of that. Wonder how someone gets started? Thank you!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Return to “Off topic rambles”