Great news about our beloved band manager, Brian!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Great news about our beloved band manager, Brian!

Postby /me » Fri May 19, 2006 4:30 am

Looks like things are going well for Rhys Darby. He recently won the Kevin Smith Memorial Cup for International Artist Achievement at the NZ Comedy Guild awards, and he's landed a role on a children's program on BBC2 called "The Mighty Truck of Stuff." Congrats Brian! (Bryan?)

It also looks like he is playing at the Oddfellows Comedy Festival right now if any of you Kiwis are interested.

Article here: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU0605/S00169.htm
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Fri May 19, 2006 5:07 am

Yup, saw him on the televised thingee of the festival last night, hilarious as anything, as was the whole festival... I fell out of my chair three times to have a laughing fit on the floor... Can't say my mum approved of the swearing but she was laughing just as hard as me lol :lol:
'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri May 19, 2006 7:35 am

Yay for Rhys! We knew he would do well for himself... :roll:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon May 22, 2006 2:27 pm

I'm chuffed to bits for him. He's been toiling away here and elsewhere for a fair few years now, and its good to see him doing so well.

Lets hope his career is onwards and upwards :D Funny guy who, for some reason, still makes me see John McEnroe :lol: A mental image I am forever stuck with where Rhys is concerned :shock:

beck

Postby beck » Tue May 23, 2006 4:09 am

I saw his solo show 'Based on Actual Events' the other night. I'll do a write up of it later on, but man it was brilliant. He was fantastic!
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Pineapple

Postby Pineapple » Tue May 23, 2006 4:54 am

Wicked!!! I so want to go to the comedy fest one year... although I don't know if they have age restrictions. I recorded the TV special on DVD and if I figure out how I might upload it to YouTube.... Funny stuff.

'Along comes Michael... On his bicycle... Lookin' as cool as a Fisher and Paykel...'

Return to “Off topic rambles”