Other Band Obsessions?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Other Band Obsessions?

Postby Andria » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:06 am

Hey all,
It just occured to me (sad I know), we all love F of the C - so perhaps we would like some of the same other bands? I don't know about everyone else, but I'm usually open to trying new bands. Discovering new music is always fun. :D
Any one or many band(s) that you love?
I'm quite partial myself to Fleetwood Mac, The Corrs, Tori Amos, John Mayer, The Beatles (duh), and Glenn Miller to name a few.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Sherry
Professional Blonde

AudioScrobbler

Postby Sherry » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:27 pm

I'm a signed up member over there :)

You can read my profile Sherry

That pretty much sums up what I listen to. I started a Conchords group there also btw, if anyone here wants to sign up :) Check it out
AudioScrobbler Conchords group

And James Blunt is sheer class 8)

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:12 pm

Yay! Another Nick Drake fan! And Elvis Costello! And Queen!

I'm a big fan of Tom Waits and Bjork. On the surface, two disparate performers, but when you think about it, both are quite unusual and experimental and have unique voices.

There are tons of other artists; too many to list right now. I'll have to remember to do that Audioscrobbler thingy.

ETA: Done.
Last edited by indigo_jones on Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Too many to choose, but mostly...

Postby Ellen » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:04 pm

Michael Penn, Crowded House, Ivy, TMBG, Tarmac Adam, and new favorite, Marshmallow. Great question for a thread, by the way :)

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:42 pm

I tend to like certain projects by artists, or phases they went through, rather than across the board, and my tastes are really eclectic.

Green Day's "American Idiot", Warren Zevon's "The Wind" (he actually recorded this while he was dying... it is chill-inducing), Chris Isaak's "Heart-Shaped World", The Beatles really old stuff (they were before my time, but I like the earlier rather than the psychedelic stuff), John Lennon (again, before my time, but I love everything he did as a solo artist), anything by YoYo Ma (except for his "Appalchian Mountains" CD. Bluegrass meets classical just wasn't my thing), Tom Waits' "Beautiful Ladies", anything by Elvis Costello, the opera "La Boheme"... and when I'm in the mood for some real oldies, I love anything by the Eagles.

That's what's on my playlist currently, but changes with my mood.

djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:47 pm

BIG music fan here - some of the music that I am currently obssessed over: Rufus Wainwright, The White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Keane, My Morning Jacket, David Bowie, Jeff Buckley, Damien Rice, and The Killers.
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

CoolHandLuke
New arrival

Postby CoolHandLuke » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:18 am

There's this new band called : The Whirring Fans.

Awesome neo-rock. :lol:
chl
If all things are going right, then something's wrong.

Spammy
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Spammy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:57 pm

I've never been really big on music, but since I started catching the bus to and from work I needed to listen to something other than the driver's talkback radio or rap etc... So, my MP3 player features a mix of anything and everything. Most of the songs are Bowie, then comedy stuff, old dancey type disco stuff, Rocky Horror soundtrack, Boomtown Rats, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, Jack Johnson.
"You see a peanut, the day's off to a good start. You witness some soil, it's a jamboree for Vince Noir" - Howard Moon - The Mighty Boosh

djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:12 pm

...oh yeah - forgot to mention Snow Patrol, Kings of Leon, and Roxy Music.
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby specialkay » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:58 pm

Okay guys, HUGE music nut here! I am loving alot of good bands right now but as of late I am wanting so badly to see "Foo Fighter" singer up close and personal...that I can barely contain myself!!!
They were in Atlanta not long ago but I was not able to make it due to hurricanes and whatnot! :roll: But, I did get to see Cold Play a few weeks ago and that was great. They will do in a pinch! :wink:

I just think I should make a song of my own and release it for Christmas called, "All I want for Christmas is my 2 Conchordes....my 2 Conchordes..." you get the idea...
I want them to come some place close to me here in the South dammit! :) you know, i will go a good 300-400 miles! GOSH!
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:16 pm

Wow, dj... that is a gorgeous avatar!

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:45 am

I'm still listening to Tool's "Undertow" regularly and I love Black47-especially "My Blood Wedding".

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"

MadMax
Top Bloke

Postby MadMax » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:50 am

My bands of choice recently are Death Cab for Cutie and The Decemberists.

This gives a general idea of the music I listen to.
"..you can't take the sky from me.."

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:08 pm

So many T.Waits fans. How lovely!

For the Waits fans out there, which is your favourite album?

Personally, I'm quite partial to Black Rider and Alice (Tom perverts the violin so nicely, doesn't he?).

MadMax
Top Bloke

Postby MadMax » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:48 pm

I only have "Used Songs", so I don't know!
"..you can't take the sky from me.."

Return to “Off topic rambles”