Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows - NO SPOILERS WITHIN

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows - NO SPOILERS WITHIN

Postby Sherry » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:00 pm

OK, so here is the long and short of it.

I'm waiting to get my copy on Saturday and will read it start to finish over the weekend. However, somehow its already online and spoilers are being posted. Hence me going into hibernation mode on most websites as I don't want the last book ruined before I even get my hands on a copy.

My simple request is this

No Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows spoilers on this forum please. None. If anyone wishes to discuss it can they please go elsewhere till those who wish to read it have done so.

Any and all spoilers will be deleted. Alot.

So if I go a bit quiet the next few days its because I don't wish to read spoilers anywhere and am avoiding many places on the internet.

Thanks in advance

:)

Sherry
Last edited by Sherry on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:55 am

What Sherry said.....

I'm already upset that it might take me more than this weekend to read it. I have some commitments I can not get out of that are taking up so much of the weekend. Oh well, who needs sleep anyway... :hrm:

littlemicky
New arrival

Postby littlemicky » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:32 pm

i had actually posted a "who likes to stay up till midnight to wait for (misc.) things" post, not a harry potter post but yeah.... i stayed up till midnight to get it :geek:
of course i screamed! you hit me with nunchucks!

i *heart* my smoosh and figwit

yogurt isn't a form of lotion! you silly b****.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:35 pm

It read like a HP reference post :roll:

Anyways, I know of many many geeks erm people, no geeks, no people, no geeks, who stayed up past their bedtime to get the HP book and ones before it. Plus a fair few other things like LOTR film screenings etc.

I am not one of them :lol: I like my bed too much :roll:

littlemicky
New arrival

Postby littlemicky » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:05 pm

haha, i haven't slept in several weeks, so i couldn't resist it :D

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:39 pm

This is why I like living in Australia. It's released at 9 in the morning, so you don't have to stay up until midnight and therefore be too sleepy to actually read.

...that said, I was sleeping over at a friend's house so I finished at 4am this morning...

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:44 am

My flatmate got home from work at 4, began reading, and didn't stop till 2am. She'd finished. That's hardcore.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:56 pm

I took my time with it... savored every last word. I'm Gayle. I'm a geek. (followed by chorus of "Hi Gayle" from peanut gallery).

The last third got me... I couldn't put it down. I was up good and late. Went to work in a daze the next day.

I thought it was a satisfying end to the series... but no matter how good it was, I knew it was going to feel like a let down, in the "aw gee, it's over sense".

Only a few of my predictions were true. Snape being one of them (no spoiler here).

Sigh... time to start at the beginning and read through I suppose.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

littlemicky
New arrival

Postby littlemicky » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:08 am

hi, gayle! *i shout out from the peanut gallery*

oh, my exact theory i had about snape (minus one tiny detail that didn't really affect anything, but i'm not gonna say what) was right. that made me happy.

oh, and, a character i didn't expect (not a spoiler) said ...something... i did not expect him/her to say and it made me happy and i applauded (in my mind) and bowed before (also in my mind) that certain character for his/her amazing beastliness.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:29 pm

littlemicky wrote:hi, gayle! *i shout out from the peanut gallery*

oh, my exact theory i had about snape (minus one tiny detail that didn't really affect anything, but i'm not gonna say what) was right. that made me happy.

oh, and, a character i didn't expect (not a spoiler) said ...something... i did not expect him/her to say and it made me happy and i applauded (in my mind) and bowed before (also in my mind) that certain character for his/her amazing beastliness.

Hi there!

Yes, I know which detail to which you are referring... the detail to which you refer? referenced detail is known... to... ?

I know what you mean.

I also know the word. I laughed aloud.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

rocknout89
New arrival

Re: Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows - NO SPOILERS WITHIN

Postby rocknout89 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:08 pm

i really want to see the next movie that comes out....i love these kids movies :lol:

H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby H.... » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:57 pm

I don't know why I'm excited about this. Harry Potter is one of those things that I don't want to like, but I do.
Throw us your potatoes!

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:33 pm

I'm really excited for the new movie too... And yes, I'm one of those nerds/geeks/people who dress up and go to the midnight show at the IMAX theater. It's big time fun. :D
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm not that excited but my daughter is!!! She dressed up for the last one (as Hermione of course), and was one of the very rare dressed up people, which was sad really...
I think this year I'll take her and a bunch of her friends as well for maximum enjoyment (theirs mostly, I'll be looking forward to a nice drink when it's all over :wink: )
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

claire

Postby claire » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:07 pm

i'm way excited about the next one, it's gonna be a good one! who do you dress up as sully? dp you're a good sport! :)
that's frozen cool...

Return to “Off topic rambles”