Ridiculous Russian Doll Situation

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Ridiculous Russian Doll Situation

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:07 pm

One of the indie seller blogs I read had a whole post devoted to Russian dolls today! I like to think that at least one of these creative people was inspired by "the ridiculous Russian doll situation" comment. ;) I need to sell some more of my own stuff so I can afford both the Russian doll t-shirt and one (or more) WTF! shirts.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:58 pm

Speaking of ridiculous Russian dolls. Or not, actually. We have these frogs which behave the same way that we probably got from the National Geographic store or something like that. My little cousin loves them, even if he hasn't quite mastered the ability to put them together the right way (I think that's probably when he'll decide they aren't all that interesting).

"Have you met my kid? Have you met their little kid?"

They so remind me of when I was little and was probably just as fascinated by them.

The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:55 am

I had some russion dolls when i was a kid, but they were cat people... lol. I used to love playing families with them though when i was about 7.

gl1t3r
Giving the paper to the people

Postby gl1t3r » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:59 am

I bought some a Russian doll set in Russia last year. I was in the little shop, looking at a set that was actually behind glass. When I tried to open them, they were stuck!! The little woman behind the counter took it back, and then cracked it like an egg on the counter. Which didn't work. She ended up putting all of her body weight on it and rolling it back and forth like peeling a hard-boiled egg. Apparently, this is a common occurence from the paint, but it shocked the hell out of me!

I still bought them though.
"Thanks for the acids."

The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:18 am

hahaha. That story made me laugh coz i remember when i was kid that used to always happen to me. it was very frustrating

kittykat
New arrival

Postby kittykat » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:10 pm

That story made me laugh too. :lol: My piano teacher had a few sets of russian dolls in his office when I was younger, and I wasn't really supposed to play with them but I did anyways. I don't know why they amused me so much but, simple minds-simple pleasures. :wink:
Finally, robotic beings rule the world!

ollie379
Lost but happy at sea

Postby ollie379 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:52 pm

I got some russian dolls a while ago, but of the beatles.
johns the biggest, then paul, then george then ringo. and right int he centre is a tiny beetle.
You wouldn't swear at us, Murray.

Go... F*** yourself, Bret!

Return to “Off topic rambles”